Why should a woman be under someone's protection in issues regarding marriage?

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The tune doesn’t change. A governor placed on a child comes off when a child becomes mature. In the same way a non-believer only needs the law until they become a believer and know what they believe in. They will never understand Christianity w/o that teaching, which the church is reluctant to proclaim.

Proper authority is, as I said, the governor of the child. Christ is the child in comparison to the Father. We, as the church, are on the same ground as Jesus to the Father ....The governor is comparable to law which is to be grown out of.
T
It seems very odd that you are placing yourself in the position of a teacher as a spiritual person that has matured is supposed to but then contradict that maturity by placing yourself as a person not yet moved beyond the elementary teachings.
Jesus continually brought the message of the law to a higher value as we are to do by bringing it to the spiritual understanding. We could argue all day long that the bible says an eye for an eye etc. but the fact is that a higher law of the Spirit is the road we are supposed to be on since the coming of the Spirit.

The governor is the law, meant to be a prelude grace, when once we understand grace it’s a different story. Mixed religion understates the presence of doublemindedness where a dove’s eyesight is needed to perceive the spiritual view.

Meat is needed not more milk, but there are those who prefer the old wine. Who then is the one responsible to mend that which is torn? I said I believe only God can do that. And I continue to believe that. One foundation must give way to a new one, a new and higher truth, that is fundamental to Christianity.

Upvote 0

Loversofjesus_2018

Nov 13, 2018
West coast
✟32,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is the Holy Spirit's job (and there is probably more than one intended context anyway).

Jesus said,
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you." John 14:26 NKJV
We run into a problem when different people have conflicting interpretations all claiming g it’s from the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Loversofjesus_2018

Nov 13, 2018
West coast
✟32,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Loversofjesus_2018 Thank you so much for your support. I've learned and saw for myself how people hate to obey the Holy Spirit. Just by quoting those verses a spirit of anger and hatred overcomes them. I could have been hurt very badly at this condition of some Christian woman/people but the Lord comforted me.
I think your doing great! Try not to let your feelings be hurt, I hope others on here aren't intentionally trying to do that. Maybe they are just passionate about what they believe scripture says. That’s the theme I’ve noticed throughout the forums, it’s more of a conflict with opinions of people rather than actual scriptures.

• Agree
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We run into a problem when different people have conflicting interpretations all claiming g it’s from the Holy Spirit.
The Church is a work-in-progress. If they belong to Jesus, we will all get on the same page eventually [1 John 3:2].

Requiring everybody to be in lockstep in their non-central doctrines sounds good on paper, but it is a spirit of religion, a counterfeit.

Upvote 0

Loversofjesus_2018

Nov 13, 2018
West coast
✟32,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Church is a work-in-progress. If they belong to Jesus, we will all get on the same page eventually [1 John 3:2].

Requiring everybody to be in lockstep in their non-central doctrines sounds good on paper, but it is a spirit of religion, a counterfeit.
Oh, I don’t require anything, however I do think it’s a little weird that people don’t believe the same things when it comes to a belief system. It seems people are more concerned with their own opinions. But I guess as long as it’s non essential then that’s ok? I only ask that because I actually never quite understood the entire essential vs non-essential part of a belief system and who gets to decide which is which. I guess it does make it easier when people can kinda go off in there own direction when there is a lack of understanding where scripture is concerned. But I’m not sure that way makes the most sense to me. The only requirement I would think would matter would be that someone either knows what they are talking about or they don’t. If they do know for sure then I would think they would be more than happy to help the rest so everyone is on the same page. But it can’t be opinions because obviously opinions don’t matter much.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Ephesians 5:22-33

Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives. 1 Peter 3:1

Written for a different time and a different culture. I could quote “In Christ their is neither male nor female,” but I’m sure you would say that doesn’t apply.

Upvote 0