Why should a woman be under someone's protection in issues regarding marriage?

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,329.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God does not hold me or you accountable to culture. His culture says that the first marriage represented was Isaac bringing rebecca into his mother’s tent. Further back from that a man is to cleave to his wife.

I just see this going in the way of the legal spirit to put women under rule of men that is only stated in the bible in the book of Esther where a Persian king made that binding by legal decree where before there was no law.

Do you honestly think that the Easter bunny would rule forever. :sigh:

What you said about me is worldly and its dangerous to say like that about me. How could you think this is your sister in Christ culture: "Your culture says a widow should be burned with her husband’s funeral procession."

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟341,452.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The submission between The Father and Son in my OP is talking about children submitting to their earthly father's. No where did i say this is referring to husband and wife.
The tune doesn’t change. A governor placed on a child comes off when a child becomes mature. In the same way a non-believer only needs the law until they become a believer and know what they believe in. They will never understand Christianity w/o that teaching, which the church is reluctant to proclaim.

That’s the problem with the church. It stunts the growth of it’s adherents when it treats them as those who never mature by never teaching the maturity of Christ and keeps even Him as a perpetual child.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟341,452.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you are saying that pattern was to be established but not to be followed in reality.
Do you mean that wives are to get their teaching from the husband instead of God?

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,329.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you mean that wives are to get their teaching from the husband instead of God?

I'm only quoting the scripture..that's all..and you started making assumptions about me. If you find it legalistic and have issues with that then talk to the word of God given through the Holy Spirit. This is not my words and they are pretty direct and clear, i don't need to mean anything.

Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Ephesians 5:22-33

Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives. 1 Peter 3:1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,108,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Show me where in the trinity that any are in submission to the other and you will see the pattern of Christ and the church.

(CLV) 1Co 15:24
thereafter the consummation, whenever He may be giving up the kingdom to His God and Father, whenever He should be nullifying all sovereignty and all authority and power.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟341,452.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm only quoting the scripture..that's all..and you started making assumptions about me. If you find it legalistic and have issues with that then talk back to the word of God given through the Holy Spirit by Peter and Paul.

Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Ephesians 5:22-33

Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives. 1 Peter 3:1
Stop insisting that unbelievers have any standing with believers.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟341,452.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) 1Co 15:24
thereafter the consummation, whenever He may be giving up the kingdom to His God and Father, whenever He should be nullifying all sovereignty and all authority and power.
Look Hark, you obviously don’t know that Jesus is God. When it’s handed over, it being human / divine government, then all will be divinity. That’s eternity. It has nothing to do with now when flesh and blood rule with Christ. That is the church. But you all insist that it means men, not the church, and in doing so exclude women from anything but a child’s position.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's not a choice. God asked children to be submissive to parents and wives to be submissive to their husbands.

Ever wonder how much of that is from God and how much from the patriarchy that wrote the book ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟341,452.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No one insisted any such thing. Just a verse from the bible was mentioned.
If your not going to address the content then we have nothing further to discuss. Unsubscribe,

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,329.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ever wonder how much of that is from God and how much from the patriarchy that wrote the book ?

There is no need to wonder. It's a direct instruction from God, the Father for children to obey their parents and through the Holy Spirit for wives to submit to their husbands.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, the Bible does say for the lady to be in submission to her husband.

And the husband is told not to be bitter against his wife > Colossians 3:19.

But ones cry out that being submissive to a man is slavery.

Why would you marry a guy you don't trust??

Also . . . if I am not submissive to someone else, I can be my own worst dictator, in submission to my own self, and this can be self-made slavery.

If we do what Jesus really means > "you will find rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30)

And it seems to me that while certain people are making a major issue against being submissive in marriage, they don't talk much about how we have sweet and pleasant rest while living in submission to Jesus in His peace.

Meanwhile, of course, we have women who are doing their submission the wrong way so it gives marriage a bad name.

So, if God's word does mean for a lady to be subject to her guy, this needs to be done the right way.

And . . . by the way > there are people who can be very against submission in marriage, but they have no problem being subject to people and rules which they hope to use to get money. And then they can be in isolation in their independence, wondering how come they are bored and lonely even while so busy and having so many people around them.

So, my opinion is this is not only a cultural issue.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Your wrong. It’s so they would have nothing to fear from them.
Most women do not fear submitting to husband because of beating, but because they lose their individualistic freedoms.

If you ask todays women why they are not submissive to their husbands, the reason they say is that they want to make their own choices about work, friends, hobbies, how to spend their time etc. These are the things they fear to lose if their husbands were their heads.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,329.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you read the bolded? That is addressed to unbelieving husbands that the wives are to be silent in front of so as not to get the s***t kicked out of them. Verse ... context..
In the same way that Christ was silent before His accusers.

What would you like me to address. I did not say the wife should submit if husband is abusing her and neither does the verse i quoted say that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟341,452.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m tired of arguing with those who are still under the shadow. It’s God who disciplines, former things are passed away.

Hebrews 12:
7 Endure trials for the sake of discipline. God is treating you as children; for what child is there whom a parent does not discipline? 8 If you do not have that discipline in which all children share, then you are illegitimate and not his children. 9 Moreover, we had human parents to discipline us, and we respected them. Should we not be even more willing to be subject to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share his holiness.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟459,329.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m tired of arguing with those who are still under the shadow. It’s God who disciplines, former things are passed away.

Hebrews 12:
7 Endure trials for the sake of discipline. God is treating you as children; for what child is there whom a parent does not discipline? 8 If you do not have that discipline in which all children share, then you are illegitimate and not his children. 9 Moreover, we had human parents to discipline us, and we respected them. Should we not be even more willing to be subject to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share his holiness.

Thank you @~Cassia~ We are not under the shadow. 1 Peter 3:1 is given for a woman who has an unbelieving husband, not a bad abusing husband, but a good husband whom she loves.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟341,452.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most women do not fear submitting to husband because of beating, but because they lose their individualistic freedoms.

If you ask todays women why they are not submissive to their husbands, the reason they say is that they want to make their own choices about work, friends, hobbies, how to spend their time etc. These are the things they fear to lose if their husbands were their heads.
What you fear is the Jezebel Spirit right? Funny cause I just read a book on the mindset that goes with that. Pergamum sets one woman above all _the Queen of Heaven- pagan beliefs according to the bible, but Mother Mary to Catholics, at the expense of all other women. Even if they don’t believe it they tolerate it. That is the opposite of mutual submission that the NT advocates. So you keep twisting whatever you want so that you can be in the position of God but if you really think that’s what Paul was advocating, he wasn’t about law but about grace. No grace in muzzling anything.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟341,452.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you @~Cassia~ We are not under the shadow. 1 Peter 3:1 is given for a woman who has an unbelieving husband, not a bad abusing husband, but a good husband whom she loves.
But you want to make it carte blanc for those who aren’t so fortunate. Blanket statements bind God, no one else. Is that what you want to do? Muzzle God?

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟341,452.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I really don’t think you have any idea what the scripture says beyond a cursory reading.

Upvote 0