Veteran
Jul 13, 2006
oceans
✟17,819.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why satan so hates God? I know it is fallen angel and gather other angels etc to rebel, but it knows God so great, and fighting is no use......so what will satan do and why still, if satan so smart?

and what is spiritual warfare..

sorry i m a new christian, seems i m asking too stupid questions.

pimorton

May 13, 2004
Ohio
✟1,184.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Satan's original sin, which caused him to be cast from heaven, was pride. Isaiah 14:12-14:
"How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to earth who once laid low the nations.
You said in your heart, 'I will assend to heaven. I will raise my throne above the stars of God. I will sit enthroned on the mount of the assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds. I will make myself like the Most High."
The pride in Satan's heart first led him to believe he could accomplish this. And even after being thrown out of the presence of God for this sin he has never renounced and repented of it. He remains at war against God, because his pride makes him believe he can overthrow God.
Satan may be smart, but he is not omniscient, as God is. And his pride keeps him from seeing the truth.
Spiritual warfare, simply put, is the struggle of God and His servants against Satan and those who follow him.

Upvote 0

wmc1982

Aka "Will" :)
Jul 28, 2006
NC, United States
✟16,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
if Satan was so smart though, shouldn't he have known that he wasn't going to win? And was that the first sin in existance? And if so, where did it come from. In a heavenly sinless place, where does the sin virus sneak its way in, and why would God allow it?

Upvote 0

pimorton

May 13, 2004
Ohio
✟1,184.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
if Satan was so smart though, shouldn't he have known that he wasn't going to win? And was that the first sin in existance? And if so, where did it come from. In a heavenly sinless place, where does the sin virus sneak its way in, and why would God allow it?

Ezekiel also speaks of Satan's fall and its cause. Ezekiel 28:14-17:
"You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you: ruby, topaz and emerald, chrysolite, onyx and jasper, sapphire, tourquoise and beryl. Your settings and mountings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared. You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the firey stones. You were blameless in all your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you. Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, O guardian cherub, from among the firey stones. Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings."

Satan took his eyes off God and took a look at himself. He must have been extremely beautiful. And, hey, he was a guardian cherub. He really thought he WAS all that. After all, since he had taken his attention from God, he was the most beautiful, most important, most powerful thing he could see.

God allowed it when He created the power of choice, and gave it to His creations. Forced worship is no worship at all, even from angelic beings. So God allowed his creation to choose to worship Him or not. But any created being who refuses to worship - who sets himself up to receive worship due to God alone - must be cast out of God's presence, because He will share His glory with none other.

Upvote 0

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the best books I found about Satan and his helpers was from CS Lewis.
Scripture gives us a vague idea of how Satan works, and I think that is because we don't need to know, exactly. If we believe in the Gospel (1 Cor 15:2-10) and confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord (Rom 8:23), then we will not have to worry about Satan for extended periods of time. Sure, Satan gets little jabs in here or there, but God has already won. Now, back to CS Lewis... I loved the Screwtape Letters. I think he has a god idea of how Satan works, although Lewis' book relies on complete conjecture after Scripture's explanation is exhausted.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God may not have required 'worship' before the rebellion. He may not have considered his own ultimate authority until challenged by Lucifer. Worship is really loving submission and adoration. Perhaps this is what God now requires as part of the restitution, whereas before it was just not necessary in his kingdom structure.

I am a father of two wonderful kids. We work, play, laugh, cry, are serious as well as silly together. But if either ever challenged my authority, authority that they know belongs to me, I would come down on them with both feet. If they repented I would accept them back with all the love I have for them. But our relationship would change and I would have to be assertive of my authority from that time on, and insist on their demonstrating their submission to my authority as well. If they hardened their hearts against me I would disown them.

Upvote 0

Rusticus

Jul 2, 2005
✟8,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God may not have required 'worship' before the rebellion. He may not have considered his own ultimate authority until challenged by Lucifer.......

But .... God, being God, KNEW that this would happen.

Non-christians need to be forgiven for coming to the conclusion that God and Satan are the two sides of the same coin..........because that's the way it looks..

Upvote 0

Sammael

Aug 27, 2006
Phoenix
✟15,154.00
Faith
Christian
Satan's sin was his refusal to bow before man as the likeness and image of Elohim and the greatest of Elohim's creation. Satan reasoned that he had come first, and was ethereally superior as man had come from dust, and himself fashioned from fire.

He refused, and was subsequently cast down by Michael at the instruction of Elohim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daveleau

Apr 12, 2004
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satan's sin was his refusal to bow before man as the likeness and image of Elohim and the greatest of Elohim's creation. Satan reasoned that he had come first, and was ethereally superior as man had come from dust, and himself fashioned from fire.

He refused, and was subsequently cast down by Michael at the instruction of Elohim.

Could you elaborate with a Scriptural reference? According to Scripture, Satan's was desiring to be like God or above God (Isa 14:12-15). Satan was cast out of Heaven after man was made, (Eze 28:11-19) but I do not see where Satan's sin was to do with not bowing to man.

Upvote 0

Sammael

Aug 27, 2006
Phoenix
✟15,154.00
Faith
Christian
Could you elaborate with a Scriptural reference? According to Scripture, Satan's was desiring to be like God or above God (Isa 14:12-15). Satan was cast out of Heaven after man was made, (Exe 28:11-19) but I do not see where Satan's sin was to do with not bowing to man.
A short specific list would include 4 texts from the apocrypha:
Text Attributed to Peter of Alexandria
Encomium on Michael
Cave of Treasures
Third Baruch

They corroborate the verses in Isaiah and I assume you meant to refer to Ezekiel 28:11-19(?)

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
A short specific list would include 4 texts from the apocrypha:
Text Attributed to Peter of Alexandria
Encomium on Michael
Cave of Treasures
Third Baruch

They corroborate the verses in Isaiah and I assume you meant to refer to Ezekiel 28:11-19(?)

Hi - welcome to CF! :wave:

While I recognize Baruch as being from the Apocrypha, I don't recognize the other titles. :sorry:

Upvote 0

daveleau

Apr 12, 2004
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the passages corroborate the passage in Isaiah, then wouldn't the sin be that Satan tried to be like God?

I do have a copy of the Apocrypha here, but don't know where in these books this view comes from. I'd be very interested in more detailed references, if you have them. (Sorry, not trying to be a pain, I am interested in reading them.)

Upvote 0

daveleau

Apr 12, 2004
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah! The New Testament apocryphal books, not the OT Apocrypha (except for Baruch). I thought the NT apocryphal books were all Gnostic, but apparently, at least the Cave of Treasures was written by a Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KingJames1002

Aug 28, 2006
Long lsland, ny
✟7,682.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Satan is very powerful. I think he was the creator of temptation.

god allows evil on earth to test us. read that again. Like the story of job. anyways, hes a master manipulator. So powerful he can change are minds like a switch. But with god and the holy spirit in heart. He becomes scared and aloofs.

He can play with our minds, but he cant touch our heart's like jesus does.

Upvote 0

hlaltimus

Nov 4, 2005
Arizona
✟1,553.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why satan so hates God? I know it is fallen angel and gather other angels etc to rebel, but it knows God so great, and fighting is no use......so what will satan do and why still, if satan so smart?

and what is spiritual warfare..

sorry i m a new christian, seems i m asking too stupid questions.
You have here a problem of understanding the sanity of Satan's hatred for God for the very simple reason that you still possess what he, Satan, does not...Sanity. "Every good gift descends from the Father of lights above." If the God who holds all material and immaterial existence in His hand does not allow for sanity in a rational creature, from where else may it then be found? Every atom in my body exists by His gracious permission and the same can be said for those virtues which beautify the Christian profession. Satan is entirely devoid of any lasting, true wisdom because God the Creator has withheld from him this benefit and Satan, therefore, cannot either produce or even desire such a virtuous act independant of God. I am sure glad that the Lord is still being gracious with us.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.