Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just have to add a little here. I believe we can be saved, yet perhaps not yet baptized in the Holy Spirit. I believe these are two separate events. Sometimes happening simultaneously and sometimes not.

Just as we can be saved and yet walking in the flesh outside of the Holy Spirit…choosing to be more active in the flesh and not yielding to the Holy Spirit.

My Pentecostal friends and I tend to disagree on this point. Which of course we can agree to disagree, but I have a very difficult time reconciling the idea that we are just “penciled in” the Lambs Book of Life…when we, by God’s grace through faith, accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

So I don’t believe that while we may backslide and yield to the flesh rather than to the Spirit…that we lose our salvation and our names erased from the Lamb’s Book of Life…then penciled back in once we start behaving ourselves…until of course the next time we blow it.

The second point I’d like to make is regarding the comment by Big Drew:

This is just me, but personally, I wouldn’t be so bold as to make any assumptions about what God can and cannot do. He’s God…I don’t really think there are any limitations to His authority, power and might.

I just love this:

Luk 19:40 But He answered and said to them, "I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out."

Even the rocks obey!

And as Magnum has already pointed out…OT Saints were saved by faith. Jesus, before Pentecost saved people…and the people marveled at His authority to save.

Luk 7:47 Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little."
Luk 7:48 Then He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."
Luk 7:49 And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?"
Luk 7:50 Then He said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you. Go in peace."

Regarding the power of Scripture (or implied lack thereof). Scripture was given a long time before the birth of Christ and the Holy Spirit coming at Pentecost.

OT proclamation of God:

Isa 55:10 "For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there,
But water the earth,
And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may give seed to the sower
And bread to the eater,
Isa 55:11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Heb 4:13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

This was so even before Pentecost….Interestingly, no mention of the “Holy Spirit” in the above Scripture. Is it just the “implied” work of the Spirit? IMHO..Truth is truth. I can read lots of stuff that is not the Holy Word of God which can have a profound impact on me and convict my conscience. I had a conscience before I was saved.

This is interesting…

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
Eph 6:18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints--

No mention of the Holy Spirit in Hebrews but we do notice in Ephesians, the sword OF the Spirit…the word of God…and praying IN the Spirit.

I don’t think it’s too far a reach to consider, as the Godhead has ALWAYS been, to understand that God is not limited in how He operates. He operates through us, but He certainly doesn’t NEED us to operate…and He even uses the unsaved and the unrepentantly wicked according to His perfect will and purpose.

The Holy Spirit was not simply created at Pentecost…but is part of the Godhead, just as Jesus, from the before the beginning.

The operation of the Holy Spirit in the world that we now enjoy as Believers can change after the Body of Christ is raptured. Just as He operated during creation and in OT times…same Godhead…just a different method of operation. Just as God the Father and God the Son can and do operate from the Heavenlies now…so I also believe God the Holy Spirt can and will after the Rapture.

As God lifts His hand of grace and gives this world over to it’s wicked desires and the Antichrist has his brief moment running amuck…which can only happen if the Holy Spirit, His person, leaves the world…because Holy God and evil will not rule/occupy the same time/space. But this by no means hinders God. He is God!

Which is really interesting…once we start to consider how limited we are in our finite thinking regarding how God is outside of time/space…and the Battle is already won. It will be really awesome to me…when I get to stand before God and understand the eternal nature of God…the same eternal nature in which He created us. WOW!

I just realized…I’ve never thought of this before in these particular light….in the OT times, God the Father dwelt among His people in the Tabernacle. Then God the Son came in the flesh and dwelt among His people in the form of Jesus Christ. Then God the Holy Spirit came and dwells IN His people…

…outstanding stuff! Praise God for His greatness and His grace and mercy!

I guess my addition wasn't so little....:blush:
Here's the thing...God, in one form or another, has always been among His people...in the OT days the Father walked with Adam...Abraham was His friend...He dwelt in the Tabernacle and later the Temple...then came Christ...and God was here among His people, in the flesh...and when He left He promised to send the Comforter...and for the last 2000 years the Holy Spirit has been amongst us...unless there's a fourth person of the Trinity that we don't know about, the Holy Spirit cannot and will not leave until the last person that's supposed to be part of the Church, is.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here's the thing...God, in one form or another, has always been among His people...in the OT days the Father walked with Adam...Abraham was His friend...He dwelt in the Tabernacle and later the Temple...then came Christ...and God was here among His people, in the flesh...and when He left He promised to send the Comforter...and for the last 2000 years the Holy Spirit has been amongst us...unless there's a fourth person of the Trinity that we don't know about, the Holy Spirit cannot and will not leave until the last person that's supposed to be part of the Church, is.

It appears that we all have similar views on this. What we differ on isn't worth arguing about. I certainly agree that the Great Restrainer will not be removed until the "fullness of the Gentiles" be come in - the last member added to the Church which is the Body of Christ. From there, we might disagree. Tribulation Saints will not be members of the Church which is the Body of Christ. The Body Of Christ was formed for this Age of Grace and will be raptured. The Tribulation Period was determined against Israel, not the Church which is the Body of Christ. The Body Of Christ was not formed for wrath, rather for rescue and Salvation.

See Daniel 9. In terms of Bible Prophecy, we are living in a time not foretold by Daniel - between the 69th and 70th weeks of years. The end of the 69th week of years was the crucifixion of Christ. The start of the 70th week of years is the 7 year Tribulation Period. There a good reason why Daniel didn't mention the Church which is the Body Of Christ. It was a mystery not known to men of other ages. Instead, Daniel specifically refers to Israel.

Daniel 9:24 KJV Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

There will be massive changes in God's operation with mankind during the Tribulation Period and even more radical changes after the Second Coming of Christ. 2/3 of Israel and 75% of the world population will have died by this time. Signs around the world indicate that the Tribulation Period is near. We've heard this before, but this time Israel is again a nation and Israel is being gathered. Horrible battles may be on the near horizon, and nothing will be able to stop it.

Many books have been written on this subject, and any attempt to study it takes years. Obviously, there are various views. I understand views other than my own completely, so I'm not looking for an argument. My personal view is that the Church which is the Body of Christ will be Raptured before the beginning of the Tribulation Period. Further, I think that could happen at any moment. The biggest agreement I would hope for is the need for all Christians to pray and yield to God for His Use.

I anxiously await His Glorious Appearance, and tonight would be wonderful. Until then, Christians have work to do, mainly being yielded to God for His use. We should not take it for granted that we have plenty of time to witness to our lost friends and family members. Regardless of Bible Prophecy timing, this short life is uncertain. I give thanks that this short life is not all there is.

Reactions: Cris413
Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I dunno if Paul's even talking about whether the translation (to others, the rapture) had occurred, but actually that Jesus hadn't returned. Paul's pointing out that the translation hasn't come, but that it would occur when Jesus returns.

Secondarily, there's so much reliance on dispensational thought that itself doesn't necessarily carry, that it leaves quite a door open. What if national Israel isn't Israel of God, and had deviated long before? God had never returned to the Temple. Why would we conclude that the First Century's Judea was the Israel God intended?

Then there's no replacement theology, there's no dispensational theology in particular. There's only God introducing a New Covenant, expanded the way God always intended it.

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First, I don't say this to argue. What other national Israel is there that was reborn in 1948 and currently has a capitol of Jerusalem? God still has promises to keep to Israel, and all should know that they will be kept most perfectly. Jerusalem is the center stage for end-times events, and the signs around the world indicate that the world is ripe for the ushering in of the Tribulation Period. Bible Prophecy foretells the rebirth of Israel and a returning to the land. Part of Prophecy has been fulfilled, but Israel doesn't occupy nearly all of the promised land - at least yet. The land spoken of in Bible Prophecy is also the land that current Israel occupies. I don't think that any of this is coincidence. It's just a matter of time before the powder-keg blows, and nothing will be able to stop the foretold events when it does. Watch for major battles and a false 7 year peace treaty - if we're still here to watch. It's sufficient to say that these times are probably growing near.

(See Ezekiel 38 and 39)

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,722.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not a proponent of replacement theology. However, it is abundantly clear in scripture that the Church is spiritual Israel. We are all children of Abraham because membership in Abraham's family, was not determined by genetics, but rather by promise, and by faith. Paul makes this abundantly clear in Romans.

I disagree with theology that says natural Israel no longer matters, or that they have been disinherited etc. However, I disagree just as strongly with any theology that says that we in the Church are not Israel.

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Romans teaches quite clearly regarding Israel and Gentiles:

The Promise Granted Through Faith
Rom 4:13 For the promise that he would be the heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Rom 4:14 For if those who are of the law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect,
Rom 4:15 because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law there is no transgression.
Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all
Rom 4:17 (as it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations") in the presence of Him whom he believed--God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;
Rom 4:18 who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, "So shall your descendants be.

Let’s skip ahead to chapter 11 of Romans:

Rom 11:1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Rom 11:2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 "LORD, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life"?
Rom 11:4 But what does the divine response say to him? "I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal."
Rom 11:5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace.But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
Rom 11:8 Just as it is written:

"God has given them a spirit of stupor,
Eyes that they should not see
And ears that they should not hear,
To this very day."
Rom 11:9 And David says:

"Let their table become a snare and a trap,
A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see,
And bow down their back always."

Israel's Rejection Not Final
Rom 11:11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.
Rom 11:12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
Rom 11:14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree,
Rom 11:18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.
Rom 11:19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in."
Rom 11:20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.
Rom 11:21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.
Rom 11:22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
Rom 11:25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

"The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
Rom 11:27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins."
Rom 11:28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.
Rom 11:29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
Rom 11:30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience,
Rom 11:31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy.
Rom 11:32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
Rom 11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
Rom 11:34 "For who has known the mind of the LORD?
Or who has become His counselor?"
Rom 11:35 "Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?"
Rom 11:36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

When we study the Book of Romans in it’s fullness here’s what we find if we were to make a basic outline:

Chapters 1-8 ~ Faith and doctrine
1-3 Sin
4-5 Salvation
6-8 Sanctification

Chapters 9-11 ~ Hope
9 – Israel – Past
10 – Israel – Present
11 – Israel – Future

Chapters 12-16 ~ Love
Personal and practical application

So I do beg to differ Simon, we, Gentile Believers are NOT Spiritual Israel. Israel is Israel.

Now…we do learn in Galatians:

Sons and Heirs
Gal 3:26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Does this mean that here on earth I am no longer a Gentile woman? I no longer need heed the role God has placed me in? No, it doesn’t. What it means is that IN CHRIST I am a legitimate heir to His Kingdom just as any "son". Just like salvation is not of the Gentiles and any Jew that accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is no more saved or special than I am. It’s all level ground at the cross.

I think Paul had to admonish Peter on that ideology. Peter’s feeling that saved Jews were more worthy somehow than saved Gentiles kinda thingy. And God had to deal with Peter on that as well...(cf Acts 10)

God does recognize division...YES – every tribe, tongue and nation. After all… He created the divisions…

Act 17:26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,
Act 17:27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;

Rev 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying:

"You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,

Rev 13:6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.
Rev 13:7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.

Rev 14:6 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth--to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people--

…which seem to continue to be recognized right up to the New Jerusalem:

The Glory of the New Jerusalem
Rev 21:22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
Rev 21:23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.

And just to touch back on topic…Please consider:

Rev 3:10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

To whom is Jesus speaking here? The "Church" at Philadelphia. Christian Believers….those that:

Rev 3:8 "I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. (consider how difficult it is now to proclaim the Name of Jesus Christ without scorn and disdain of the world)

Which could very well be comprised of many people from many nations…Gentiles, Jews, men, women…all faithful ambassadors of Jesus Christ…will be kept from the time of trial – The Great Tribulation.

Those who staunchly hold to mid or post trib Rapture (if any Rapture at all) consider that because the Body of Christ (the Church) will not be Raptured but yet remains, that Rev 3:10 means that Believers at this time will endure (persevere) and are “kept from” as in “protected by” God during the Great Tribulation….

….I submit for consideration that theology would be contradictory to what Scripture tells us further in Revelation… as Gentile believers in the Tribulation are not protected during this time…and they are in fact KILLED. Rev 7:9-17; 11:7; 13:7,15; 17:8; 20:4

So some may consider verse 10 is talking about the Jews…it’s the remnant of Israel that will be protected during the Great Tribulation…which I personally considered for a moment as well…

EXCEPT…who are the Seven Letters to the Seven Churches written to? The Body of Christ. And if we were to basically outline the Book of Revelation, what we would find is the first 3 chapters are written to the “Church” the rest…is for Israel and the Unsaved.

The last time of trial or testing for Israel and all the peoples who are left on earth. And this is where we see the Remnant of Israel really stand out…(cf Romans 9; 11:5)

Rev 7:1 After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree.
Rev 7:2 Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea,
Rev 7:3 saying, "Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads."
Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:
Rev 7:5 of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed;
Rev 7:6 of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed;
Rev 7:7 of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed;
Rev 7:8 of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.

These are the only Believers “protected” by God during the Great Tribulation.

If we truly wish to learn about God’s plan for the “Church”, Israel, the Rapture, Christ’s return and so…we can try and piecemeal things together and try to fit them into our particular “church” view…OR we can spend time in prayerful study of the Book of Revelation…where ALL the pieces are put together quite nicely.

And FWIW, and I mean no disrespect Simon…but as you have made point of repeatedly…that a pre-mil/pre-trib view is just something we’ve all made up to comply with our own understanding regardless of Biblical support…I submit…any other view…mid-trib/post-trib views do more so than any other…because:

To hold to these views in full measure, one would also have to hold to Replacement Theology, an amillennial view and consider the Book of Revelation is allegorical or historical only…or disregard the Book of Revelation completely…even though God tells us right from the start Revelation is PROPHETICAL:

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.

And I’m sorry but…IMHO…to say that one does not hold to Replacement Theology and then proceed to say that the “Church” is now spiritual Israel…seems kinda contradictory to me in light of the full measure of God’s Word.

Upvote 0

Shulamite

My Bridegroom suffered this for ME
Oct 12, 2007
USA
✟18,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was glad to come across this thread. Only within this past 3 weeks or so has the Lord been bringing me to scriptures that seem to indicate that we will be here through most of the Tribulation, if not all of it.
All of my life, I was taught a pre-trib rapture and never blinked when talking about it to others or even questioned it. All of a sudden, I felt the Spirit draw my attention Matthew 24, Revelation, and Paul's words about the saints enduring the Tribulation and what to look for and what to do and not to do. It "hit" me like a ton of bricks! I sat there, stunned. I am still seeking the Lord on this issue. He has never failed to answer me or show me things He feels I need to know and understand. He's taken me this far with Him and He will not fail me now.

I have felt Him urging me to seek Him about enduring till the end. His Spirit has caused an INTENSE urging in me to ask for His strength to "be faithful, even unto death." We in this country don't like the idea of persecution or death for the Lord, nor have we had to endure such persecution like our brothers and sisters in the middle east and other hostile nations.... but, what if the rapture does not happen prior to the Trib and we are here to see the "man of sin" revealed and "signing the 7 year covenant with many" as Daniel prophesied? Will many fall away? Will many doubt the Lord because they were not taken out of here before the trib? Or is the Lord preparing hearts to endure and finish the race, even being faithful unto death? If He wills that we lose our lives for His sake, will we ask His Spirit to give us what we need to not shrink back? He's really shaken me and stirred me to seek Him about this for the FIRST TIME in my life of being taught a pre-trib rapture.

In Revelation, the 'beast' is given power to "make war with the saints". Obviously the Lord's own are here otherwise who is the beast making war with? I have recently spoken to some dear friends in my church family and online who have admitted that the Lord is taking them through the same "stirring" about the pre-trib rapture as He is me.

Like I said, all of this has only been happening in my heart with the Lord for about 3 weeks!!! I feel the time is at hand and we are very soon to witness the "man of sin" revealed, along with the formation of a Palestinian State and the possible signing of the "7 year covenant" with many. If we are raptured out of here beforehand, then praise the Lord! If we are not, then I still say "praise the Lord"

Are we letting Him prepare us anyway? What if we are here and it's not the Lord that has gone back on a promise, as some will say, but that He is preparing us to finish the race? As Job said, "Shall we only accept good from the Lord and not hardship?"

If we remain here through the 7 years to be His witnesses, then we need to ask His Spirit to start working IN us NOW to prepare us. We cannot endure this race unto the end in our own strength.

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many people will become saved during the Tribulation Period, but they should not be confused with the already existing Church which is the Body of Christ. There's a reason for the Two Witnesses and the 144,000. People will also have much to see and hear that will help them believe during the Tribulation Period (i.e. Bible Prophecy being fulfilled before their very eyes).

The day will come when the perfect number is added to the Church which is the Body Of Christ (fullness of the Gentiles be come in). When that day comes, this Age of Grace will end. Only God knows the perfect number for His Church.

Romans 11:25-27 KJV For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Considerable effort should be taken in not confusing the Church with Israel. The Church and Israel are two different entities, and God made separate promises to each of them that will be kept perfectly at His Appointed Time. The Church did not replace Israel, but this is responsible for a lot of confusion by many trying to study their Bibles.

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just a short note of rejoinder here, too.

There are some strong anchors in God's prophecy to us. There are other items on which we disagree. I think it's important to recognize that there are some things we can get traction on in prophecy, like Tribulation and Resurrection and Christ's Return and Judgment and Eternal Life.

There're other things I'm not so anchored on, but there's something being said there from God to us. I'm sometimes not even sure what. But it's there, and I'm still interested.

I think we owe it to God's words to listen. Even when we disagree. Because frankly there's a lot that each one of us -- me included -- don't know.

I happen to be attracted to Vos' form of thinking on eschatology, but he can be pretty tough to read.

Upvote 0