✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
wondered this for a while as I watch elderly neighbors & family age/slow down

why didn't God let our bodies stay youthful?
we could still live/age but why not do it in a 25 yr old body?

why must we suffer with old age diseases & end up in wheelchairs and/or nursing homes

I was dreading old age until I realised that in indigenous cultures, the elderly are revered. They see further and deeper than the young. Elders are held up and celebrated. Modern society fails to do this. The body ages, but ,for the soul, every season is spring.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was dreading old age until I realised that in indigenous cultures, the elderly are revered. They see further and deeper than the young. Elders are held up and celebrated. Modern society fails to do this. The body ages, but ,for the soul, every season is spring.
I recall reading that a study found that the most productive age in human life is between 60-70 years of age. The 2nd most productive stage of the human being is from 70 to 80 years of age. The 3rd most productive stage is from 50 to 60 years of age. That means that I'm about 1/3rd of the way through my most productive years.

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recall reading that a study found that the most productive age in human life is between 60-70 years of age. The 2nd most productive stage of the human being is from 70 to 80 years of age. The 3rd most productive stage is from 50 to 60 years of age. That means that I'm about 1/3rd of the way through my most productive years.

There are a number of thinkers and creators who produced some incredible work well into their 50s and beyond.
RV Williams was in his 80s when he wrote his 8th symphony
Verdi wrote Othello and Falstaff in his 70s and 80s

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There are a number of thinkers and creators who produced some incredible work well into their 50s and beyond.
RV Williams was in his 80s when he wrote his 8th symphony
Verdi wrote Othello and Falstaff in his 70s and 80s
And Grandma Moses didn’t start painting until she was 78 and painted until her late 90s.

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And Grandma Moses didn’t start painting until she was 78 and painted until her late 90s.

big-city.jpg

How delightful :) Thanks!

Upvote 0