Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The radicalized left no longer hides its anti-Catholic moral program. Rather, it proclaims it.

September 25, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – The Catholic vote is a key demographic that will decide the 2020 elections. Both parties know this and are making special efforts to reach out to Catholic voters.

However, getting the Catholic vote is more difficult than in the past. A charismatic figure like John F. Kennedy is no longer enough to secure Catholic sympathy. Single issues attractive to Catholics are morphing into more profound debates. The election is less about who will govern and more about how Americans will live and worship. In polarized America, existential questions mean much more than the personality of the candidates.

While Catholics do not vote as a monolithic bloc, the more active and devoted sectors influence the whole beyond their numbers. A growing number lean right after losing their home in the Democratic Party in the late sixties.

Abortion as a Catholic Issue
Over the years, abortion has become a decisive Catholic issue that weighs heavily upon the vote. The Church’s consistent teaching on the matter makes it the logical home for pro-life Americans. Activists who take the issue seriously often end up embracing the Catholic Faith. It is almost a natural consequence of their concern for lives and souls.

Continued below.
Why more and more Catholics are fleeing the Democratic party

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'd leave also if it were not for that fact that the Republicans how sold out to Donald Trump.
Well, I was a Democrat once, from back in the days when it wasn't immoral to be a Democrat. But then I gave it up when they persisted in putting up roadblocks at every turn to meaningful participation in party decision making.

I left and joined up with the Republicans. They were more civil and more tolerant than the Democrats. For years I could be Republican and although not all of them were like me I had a place where I fit.

When Trump came along I was a delegate to my state Republican convention. With MANY others we resisted the Trump onslaught. We had to pick some Trump delegates, but when we did we picked people who would vote for Cruz and Rubio on the second ballot at the national convention. Of course it never got to a second ballot.

When Trump came to own the Republican Party I left. I worked four years ago for an independent candidate who had an incredibly long shot possibility of winning IF we could get a situation where no candidate got enough electoal votes, throwing it to the Congress. This time around I have joined up with the American Solidarity Party, whose candidate is Brian Carroll.

Point is YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REMAIN A DEMOCRAT. There must be 50 ways to leave your lover. Dump 'em. I'd advise the same for a Republican. Stop throwing your vote away by voting for inferior candidates. Vote for a good one for a change. The Democrats are NOT going to all of a sudden put up a moral candidate any time soon. And until the Republicans can get out from under Trump they are inconsequentially only slightly better.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's encouraging news if true because there was a statistic recently, I can't remember the number off-hand but a large segment of (maybe even a majority) Catholics think it's okay to vote Democrat. It came up in that Taylor Marshall podcast episode with Jesse Romero that I mentioned in another thread, and we might've even had an article here in OBOB about it. I'm tired so my memory's fuzzy.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That's encouraging news if true because there was a statistic recently, I can't remember the number off-hand but a large segment of (maybe even a majority) Catholics think it's okay to vote Democrat. It came up in that Taylor Marshall podcast episode with Jesse Romero that I mentioned in another thread, and we might've even had an article here in OBOB about it. I'm tired so my memory's fuzzy.
There are a lot of Catholics who are immune to the faith. I suspect most of them will not be abandoning the Democratic Party. But of those who actually believe, I think those who were old school Democrats are leaving the Democratic party behind because they can finally see how evil it has become.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are a lot of Catholics who are immune to the faith. I suspect most of them will not be abandoning the Democratic Party. But of those who actually believe, I think those who were old school Democrats are leaving the Democratic party behind because they can finally see how evil it has become.

That's absolutely true.

A big problem today is low information Catholics. They're either never given the information, or convinced the sources of true information are somehow unreliable and thus they don't believe it. But a lot of it is also just a basic lack of understanding of the Catechism. Not understanding what the Church teaches about abortion or marriage and the family, that the Dems are directly opposed to that and that approving it (i.e. voting for it) is cooperation with sin (CCC 1868).

• Agree
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That's absolutely true.

A big problem today is low information Catholics. They're either never given the information, or convinced the sources of true information are somehow unreliable and thus they don't believe it. But a lot of it is also just a basic lack of understanding of the Catechism. Not understanding what the Church teaches about abortion or marriage and the family, that the Dems are directly opposed to that and that approving it (i.e. voting for it) is cooperation with sin (CCC 1868).
And it doesn't help that some of these low information voters are folks like cardinal Tobin and others high in the Church that SHOULD know better.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And it doesn't help that some of these low information voters are folks like cardinal Tobin and others high in the Church that SHOULD know better.

Boy ain't that the truth!

Upvote 0