WHY IS THERE SO MANY WARNINGS FROM GOD'S WORD ABOUT LOSING SALVATION IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE??

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then y deny John 6:39 (among other passages of scripture)

Your saying that Jesus will lose many that God gives into Jesus power, that the power of God must somehow be ineffective for the salvation of His people..

and that's not what the Bible says at all.

Yes it says love and works will follow God's people.. but that doesn't mean they will be lost.

Some people will enter the Christian community without a pure heart. They will try and follow the rules but at some point fall away. They are NOT God's children... Jesus didn't lose them, they never belonged to Him.

I do not deny God's Word I believe and follow it. JOHN 6:39 says [39], And this is the Father's will which has sent me, that of all which he has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. Those that the father gives to JESUS are all those who believe and follow God's Word which agrees with the scriptures provided in the OP. God's Word not me WARNS believers to continue in the faith and not to depart the faith and return back to a life of sin or they will lose salvation not me *HEBREWS 6:4-8; HEBREWS 10:26-31.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
John 6:37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.
Who are those that the father gives to Jesus? All those who believe and follow God's Word and endure temptation to the end *JAMES 1:12. Those who fall away and depart the faith and no longer believe and follow God's Word and return back to a life of sin are not in a saved state before God *HEBREWS 6:4-8; HEBREWS 10:26-27.

Blessings

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Questions for discussion;

1. Can we lose our salvation?

No, but people get confused when observing hypocrites who claim to be Christians.
See:
WHY IS THERE SO MANY WARNINGS FROM GOD'S WORD ABOUT LOSING SALVATION IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE??

Your links only support the scriptures provided in the OP. God's sheep and those who the father gives to JESUS are those who believe and follow God's Word to the end.

It is only those who believe and follow God's Word only in the present tense that have the hope of salvation now and only those who endure temptation to the end believing and following God's Word that receive eternal life *JAMES 1:12; MATTHEW 24:13; MARK 13:13; HEBREWS 3:13-14; HEBREWS 3:6; COLOSSIANS 1:12-14; 23; HEBREWS 10:26-27 HEBREWS 6:4-8 etc. The majority who think that they were saved and where not are the ones who will be dissappointed come judgment day *MATTHEW 7:14; MATTHEW 7:22-23; MATTHEW 22:14. The scriptures your linked as shown earlier only support the OP here.

God's Sheep are those who believe and follow God's Word.

JOHN 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

JOHN 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me

Those who are not God's sheep do not hear God's Voice (the Word) or follow what God says.
2. What does it mean only those that are faithful to the end will be saved? When a Christian examines himself, he knows that he is faithful.
How does a Christian examine himself? What is the standard and who are the children of God and the children of the devil *1 JOHN 3:9-10; 1 JOHN 2:3-4?
3. Saved from what?
From Satan's power.
And what would that be *JOHN 8:31-36; 1 JOHN 3:6-10?
4. Is anyone in a saved state before God while living in a life of known unrepentant sin?
A Christian knows if he has sinned, he asks forgiveness, and seeks to glorify God by obeying Christ.
You did not answer the question. Is anyone in a saved state before God while living in a life of known unrepentant sin *HEBREWS 10:26-31?
5. Why are there so many warnings from God's Word not to depart the faith if we cannot lose salvation?

Because God's word is a guide to Christians! Warnings keep us alert!
Indeed so why do you think we cannot lose salvation if we are warned from the scriptures that if we depart the faith and no longer believe and follow God's Word we can lose salvation *HEBREWS 6:4-8; HEBREWS 10:26-31; JAMES 1:12; MATTHEW 24:13?

Blessings

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Your confused. We are only in a saved state with God by believing and following God's Word always in the "present tense"
Yes. That would describe His sheep. His sheep will always believe. They will always be His sheep. They can never stop being His sheep. You should be praising God for that.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes. That would describe His sheep. His sheep will always believe. They will always be His sheep. They can never stop being His sheep. You should be praising God for that.
No the scripture does not say that the sheep will always believe. The scriptures only say that those who believe and follow God's Word are His Sheep. Those that do not believe are not His Sheep.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If we believed and followed God's Word yesterday but today turn back to a life of known unrepentant sin we are not in a saved state before God and if we continue in known unrepentant sin we will be lost which is the reason there is so many warnings in God's WOrd not to depart the faith and return to a life of sin * 2 THESSALONIANS 2:1-3; HEBREWS 10:23-31; HEBREWS 3:13-14; HEBREWS 6:4-8; MATTHEW 13:18-23;HEBREWS 10:23-27
You’ve described something impossible. His sheep hear His voice and follow. He loses none that the Father gives Him.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You’ve described something impossible. His sheep hear His voice and follow. He loses none that the Father gives Him.
Not at all I have provided God's Word. These are Gods' Word not mine. Seems you do not believe it. Those who are God's sheep (present tense) are those who believe and follow God's Word. Those who followed God's Word in the past and no longer follow God's Word now are not God's sheep now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Sin (breaking any one of God's 10 Commandments) is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 JOHN 3:3-10.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
— Romans 10:4

In other words, the law cannot make you righteous.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. Only God's Word has been provided here and God's Word is for God's people as are all the warnings provided in God's Word not to depart the faith and return back to a life of sin. Those doing so according to the scriptures will be lost *HEBREWS 6:4-8

There is no such thing as once saved always saved. This is a false gospel. Only those who endure temptation to the end *JAMESA 1:12 and do not fall away or depart the faith * HEBREWS 6:4-8; 1 TIMOTHY 4:1; 2 THESSALONIANS 2:1-3 and continue to believe and follow God's Word receive eternal life *MATTHEW 24:13; JAMES 1:12; HEBREWS 3:6; HEBREWS 3:13-14; COLOSSIANS 1:12-14; 23

Blessings
I appreciate your well constructed response.

The only passage that currently comes to mind is that relying on rules like we're still in the same covenant as the Jews means Jesus died in vain.

In the old covenant, a person could break the covenant easily.

If in this current covenant that is not based on us, but Jesus Christ, can be broken just as easy ... then Jesus wasted His time and life.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
— Romans 10:4

In other words, the law cannot make you righteous.
No one said or believes that the law can make you rightoues so your post here is not relevant. We are saved by grace through faith for obedience to the faith *EPHESIANS 2:8; ROMANS 1:5

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Your confused. JESUS does indeed say those who believe and follow Him are his Sheep...
Read what I said. I said that hearing and following doesn’t make one His sheep. His sheep hear and follow. In other words, hearing and following are characteristics of sheep, not requirements to become a sheep.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
JOHN 3:34 For he whom God has sent speaks the words of God: for God gives not the Spirit by measure to him. These are God's Words not mine. You provide your own words which are not God's Word. Only Gods Word is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4
Since you provide your own words, I guess this describes you.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
His children are only those who believe and follow His Word. Those who do not are the children of the devil *1 JOHN 3:9-10; 1 JOHN 2:3-4
You really need to stop twisting the scriptures.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate your well constructed response.

The only passage that currently comes to mind is that relying on rules like we're still in the same covenant as the Jews means Jesus died in vain.

In the old covenant, a person could break the covenant easily.

If in this current covenant that is not based on us, but Jesus Christ, can be broken just as easy ... then Jesus wasted His time and life.

Hi Michael, We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No the scripture does not say that the sheep will always believe. The scriptures only say that those who believe and follow God's Word are His Sheep. Those that do not believe are not His Sheep.
I thought you only taught scripture?

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;
— John 10:27

Jesus does not say that hearing and following make them His sheep. Stop twisting scripture.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Since you provide your own words, I guess this describes you.
Not at all. I have provided God's Word you provide your own. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says those who follow man made traditions over the Word of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. God is calling his people out from following man made traditions where ever they may be back to the Word of God. God is a spirit and those who worship him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Not at all I have provided God's Word. These are Gods' Word not mine. Seems you do not believe it. Those who are God's sheep (present tense) are those who believe and follow God's Word. Those who followed God's Word in the past and no longer follow God's Word now you are not God's sheep now.
Where does it say that? Please provide the scripture.

I’ll wait.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hi Michael, We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

Blessings
The law of liberty in James is not the Mosaic law.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No one said or believes that the law can make you rightoues so your post here is not relevant. We are saved by grace through faith for obedience to the faith *EPHESIANS 2:8; ROMANS 1:5
That’s your entire worldview. You believe that obedience to the law is what makes you righteous.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I thought you only taught scripture?

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;
— John 10:27

Jesus does not say that hearing and following make them His sheep. Stop twisting scripture.

Perhaps you need to take your own advice.

God's Sheep are those who believe and follow God's Word.

JOHN 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

JOHN 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me

Those who are not God's sheep do not hear God's Voice (the Word) or follow what God says.

Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it.

Upvote 0