WHY IS THERE SO MANY WARNINGS FROM GOD'S WORD ABOUT LOSING SALVATION IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE??

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. The post you are quoting from shows scriptures showing that we are to choose to believe and follow God's Word or not to believe and follow God's Word and only those who endure to the end believing and following God's Word receive eternal life. They are Gods' Word not mine. What is it you are having problems with in the scriptures provided?

It appears as though you are doing nothing but a word study, you first choose a word like CHOOSE and then you provide every reference to that word, then you do variations on that word regardless if the say the same as anything else you quoted as long as they are the same word, even out of context.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It that it appears as though you are doing nothing but a word study, you first choose a word like CHOOSE and then you provide every reference to that word, then you do variations on that word regardless if the say the same as anything else you quoted as long as they are the same word, even out of context.

It is true to say I do a prayerful topical bible study asking for God to be my teacher, combined with looking at the Hebrew and Greek word meanings used as well as considering the within scripture and chapter context. It is not true to state scriptures provided to you are taken out of context. If you believe otherwise than prove it. If you cannot why not believe the scriptures provided to you and only sent in love as a help to you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Of course it has been answered. In fact it was answered with Gods' Word which are not my words. I am not sure why you did not like the answer. It is God's Word not mine. Our words do not really matter. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4
How do I know that you’ve rightly divided the word?

• Useful
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How do I know that you’ve rightly divided the word?

Perhaps you can pray about it. He who God sends speaks the words of God. Our words do not really matter. He must increase and we must decrease.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If you have God's Word to share than share it. It seems you do not.
Gen. 3:15; Isa. 45:22; 53; Jer. 31:31-34; Ezek. 33:11; 36:25-27; Hab. 2:4; Mark 9:23, 24; John 3:3-8, 16; 16:8; Rom. 3:21-26; 8:1-4, 14-17; 5:6-10; 10:17; 12:2; 2 Cor. 5:17-21; Gal. 1:4; 3:13, 14, 26; 4:4-7; Eph. 2:4-10; Col. 1:13, 14; Titus 3:3-7; Heb. 8:7-12; 1 Peter 1:23; 2:21, 22; 2 Peter 1:3, 4; Rev. 13:8

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It is true to say I do a prayerful topical bible study asking for God to be my teacher, combined with looking at the Hebrew and Greek words used as well as the within scripture and chapter context. It is not true to state scriptures provied to you are taken out of context.
Just about everything you post is out of context.

• Agree
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Just about everything you post is out of context.
Here you go again posting your words in place of God's Word. If you think somthing is taken out of context prove it. If you cannot your only providing your words that deny God's. Only God's Word it true and we should believe and follow it. What is is that you claim I have taken out of context?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hi Jeff, why do you think many choose to ignore Gods' Warnings which are written for our admonition?
If they choose to ignore God's Warnings, who are they listening to? Who do they trust?

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If they choose to ignore God's Warnings, who are they listening to? Who do they trust?
You may be right. I do not understand this though as all scripture is given to God's people to help them be ready for God's kingdom. Seems many wish cheery pick the scriptures to hear smooth things from teachers having itching ears. God's Word says this would happen in the last days.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You may be right. I do not understand this though as all scripture is given to God's people to help them be ready for God's kingdom. Seems many wish cheery pick the scriptures to hear smooth things from teachers having itching ears. God's Word says this would happen in the last days.
In God's Word, it does not "seem" like that - it is stated clearly that that is so.
The religious leaders opposed to Jesus had TORAH much more reliably than anyone here today, and some or many of them still remained Yahuweh's enemy, they still remained children of the devil (as Jesus Himself called them).

As Jesus stated clearly, "even if" someone came back from the dead (to tell people the truth, to warn them, today), they would not listen (and someone did come back from the dead, and told them(and us), but most still will not listen) . Also Jesus said clearly that if they won't listen to Moses, they won't hear Jesus nor will they hear Yahuweh's (God's) messengers nor His message.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Here you go again posting your words in place of God's Word. If you think somthing is taken out of context prove it. If you cannot your only providing your words that deny God's. Only God's Word it true and we should believe and follow it. What is is that you claim I have taken out of context?
I have proven it. But instead of engaging, you just repost the post I quoted. So we can’t seem to have a decent discussion because you disengage when it gets difficult for your position.

• Agree
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have proven it. But instead of engaging, you just repost the post I quoted. So we can’t seem to have a decent discussion because you disengage when it gets difficult for your position.
Well that is not true. What did you prove? Nothing. You claim that one cannot lose salvation but refuse to address HEBREWS 6:4-8 and the scriptures provided in the OP. This was demonstrated in post # 195 linked that you chose to ignore and not address. I am happy to discuss everything with you but it seems you do not wish to address the posts and scriptures provided to you or answer the questions asked of you. If this is the case it is true we cannot have a decent discussion and may have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In God's Word, it does not "seem" like that - it is stated clearly that that is so.
The religious leaders opposed to Jesus had TORAH much more reliably than anyone here today, and some or many of them still remained Yahuweh's enemy, they still remained children of the devil (as Jesus Himself called them).

As Jesus stated clearly, "even if" someone came back from the dead (to tell people the truth, to warn them, today), they would not listen (and someone did come back from the dead, and told them(and us), but most still will not listen) . Also Jesus said clearly that if they won't listen to Moses, they won't hear Jesus nor will they hear Yahuweh's (God's) messengers nor His message.

Indeed good point Jeff. Jesus said there would be the lot of those who would not believe and follow God's Word. There is some interesting scriptures provided on this subject and the people and religious teachers of the day in
WHO DO YOU FOLLOW THE TRADITIONS OF MEN OR THE WORD OF GOD (JESUS)?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Can a Christian wearing the armor of God / Grace (belt of Truth, breastplate of Righteousness, shoes of Peace, shield of Faith, helmet of Salvation, the sword of the Spirit) on a daily basis lose the spiritual battles? On the contrary, without the armor of God, can a Christian survives temptations on a daily basis?

Indeed brother. Without Jesus and faith in God's Word we can do nothing *JOHN 15:5

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Probably had the wrong motives or heard from a false teacher.

Possibly everyone is different and will have a different reason for losing salvation. According to the scriptures, some also had salvation but departed the faith *HEBREWS 6:4-8; 2 TIMOTHY 4:1; 2 PETER 3:17; LUKE 8:13; 2 THESSALONIANS 2:3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The problem about cobbling together a number of verses of Scripture to make a point as our friend the OP has done, is to take those verses out of their context, and therefore make application of them in ways that may not have been originally intended.

All I hear is your words denying God's Word as provided in the OP. If you make claims that something is out of context, you saying so does not make it so. Many say the same things in empty statement when confronted with scripture that disagrees with what they believe, because they are not willing to address the scriptures that have been provided and only sent in love to those who have ears to hear.

If you believe something is taken out of context then prove your claims. If you cannot why not believe the scriptures provided? They are God's Word not mine. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it. Ignoring God's Word does not make it dissappear.

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word) and follow Him.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well that is not true. What did you prove? Nothing. You claim that one cannot lose salvation but refuse to address HEBREWS 6:4-8 and the scriptures provided in the OP. This was demonstrated in post # 195 linked that you chose to ignore and not address. I am happy to discuss everything with you but it seems you do not wish to address the posts and scriptures provided to you or answer the questions asked of you. If this is the case it is true we cannot have a decent discussion and may have to agree to disagree.
It’s not referring to believers. I explained why. Christ won’t lose any sheep given to Him by His Father. The Trinity won’t be divided. If you want to put the Godhead against itself, that’s on you.

And since the Son is obedient to His Father, then there is no loss of salvation.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
— Jude 24-25

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, you never showed that. I, however, showed that Jesus clearly says that He gives His sheep eternal life. And He loses none of them. So your premise has been proved, from scripture, to be a falsehood.
Our Lord doesn't lose a sheep, that is clear.

There are many NT verses warning a believer not to depart from the faith. They can not leave it if they weren't in it to begin with. In the OT, a passage from Ezekiel sums it up quite well too. However, many people will dismiss it simply because it was in the old testament.

The new testament warns us not to be fooled by false leaders. Why do people believe theologians, who can err, more than the word of God? It takes a lot of explanation and twisting to make a few verses which don't say otherwise have more weight than the rest of it, which are calls to persevere and keep watch over ourselves.

I don't trust myself to think I have got it right, and I definitely do not trust past theologians who are just as likely to be confused. We can only trust in Him and lean on Him to direct our paths. Proverbs 3:5-6.

While writing this I read the whole of Galatians. Paul starts off despairing that they are tempted already by a Gospel different to the one he gave them. Then speaks about the law and grace and freedom. He explains about living in the Spirit and the works of the flesh. In Galations 5 Paul writes ''I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God''

The warning is reiterated in Galatians 6 with:

"1Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. 4. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else,5for each one should carry their own load. 6Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.

7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.8Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

11See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!''

I know you see it differently. I only started reading Galatians because I was going to quote the verse in chapter one about being deceived. However, in reading the entire epistle there are the arguments about grace etc all dealt with and still the call to persevere. Still the call to look out for each other that they don't stumble. To examine ourselves that we are still in Christ. Paul was writing to believers who were going astray.

Upvote 0