Why is the chat box suddenly taking up so much of the front page when in "Forum List" view?

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hi. Apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask this question (feel free to move this post to the appropriate forum, if so), but I think I'm having a technical issue with CF for the last two days or so.

I always keep the forum viewing tab on "Forum List" view out of all the available options ("Hot", "Threads", "Latest Activity", etc.), since I'm really only interested in this view of the forums. For all the years that I have been here, this has meant that the forums appear beginning from the very top of what is scrollable on the page, i.e., directly underneath the CF banner. For some reason, though, for the past two days when I open the CF homepage (still in Forum List view, mind you), I'm now greeted with a big blank space that takes up the entire screen, to the point that I have to scroll down maybe 1/4 of the page to even get to when the forums begin. It says at the top of this blank space "You have not joined any rooms" (see attached screenshot), so I'm assuming it's related to the live chat function of CF, but I've never used that, and I don't plan on using it in the future, and I don't have the view set to "Social" or whatever category the live chat would fall under, so I don't know why it's suddenly taking up all this space on the main page in Forum List view.

Is this a bug, or some kind of new feature? If it's a new feature, is there now or will there be soon the option to turn it off/revert to the original way of seeing the forums page so that I can actually look at the forums, instead of a giant blank space having to do with a feature of the website that I don't use? I seem to remember that "Chat" used to be its own tab that you could select from among the others at the top of the screen if you wanted to look at the chat, for some reason. That doesn't appear to be the case anymore. Can you please set it back the way it was, or at least give us as users the option to set the "Forum List" view back to how it was (without the chat taking up the entire screen)? Thank you.

Attachments

• cf_forcedchat.jpg
    cf_forcedchat.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 14