US-Constitution
Originally Posted by brinny
you're looking in the wrong direction.

Which direction should I look in, then?

in an earlier post i wrote:

God.
man.

This is a test.

Where might be possibly going with this?

hast thou no detective skills? Perhaps it be-eth time to get thyself off the merry-go-round and learn them, then?

Upvote 0

Mack7

One Word, One Truth, One God
Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
✟15,357.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Greetings and may God bless all who read. You should not feel or be condemned by man for your unbelief. God is ever merciful. For the children of God are formed by LOVE through God. It is through this same LOVE God showed us that do believe that should be shown to you. My first experience of God's LOVE for me came through another child of God who believed. Although, I have never doubted the existence of God. Glory to God. There was no special physical "miracle" evidence or voice from above of God's true existence at this time for me, except the patience, LOVE and dedication for God's Word through this child of God, that He sent to witness to me. Soon, I began to look around me and began to see for myself, that this world we live in, with all the hate, selfishness and destruction going on and began to wonder, how can one human being show so much patience, care and LOVE. A perfect stranger in my life. I'm thinking to myself, why should they even care? I soon began to realize that.....God does.

After months of witnessing and having the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ read to me, my heart was lifted and I began to realize that God did send Jesus to die for me and I confessed. Even within my own heart, I too did not feel like an evil person but it is still written in Romans 5:12, "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."

Whether we choose to believe or not, whether it even sounds fair or not, it has been written. God is not making an apology or an excuse to man for our beliefs or unbeliefs, He is showing however, unconditional love for His creation and making every wrong thing right with LOVE through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ and has promised eternal life to all who call upon Him and believe that he is Lord and Savior and payed the price for our sins. Have you ever read the Gospel of Jesus Christ? If so, what are your feelings? Please excuse me if I am wrong but if you have no desire to read it, maybe you should as to see what you truly feel inside.

Nevertheless, God's love abounds for us all. We just have to receive Him into our hearts. I will continue to keep praying for us all and encourage all Brothers and Sisters to do the same for we that do believe must know, these are extremely trying times as it is written in John 3:17, "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." Amen.

Upvote 0

m0rk

Oct 19, 2008
✟7,626.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Why didn't God create me with an eye that could see, then? Did he create me with a blind eye, and then blame me for not seeing? I've been searching, but I have found nothing.

Thanks for your answer. :)
That's another question. In answer to your 2nd question: He didn't, so why worry about it?
Searching/ trying to remove your obstructions to see what's already there - is the same thing.

Good luck with that.

Upvote 0

Borel

Jun 24, 2008
Espoo, Finland
✟7,694.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Greetings and may God bless all who read. You should not feel or be condemned by man for your unbelief. God is ever merciful. For the children of God are formed by LOVE through God. It is through this same LOVE God showed us that do believe that should be shown to you. My first experience of God's LOVE for me came through another child of God who believed. Although, I have never doubted the existence of God. Glory to God. There was no special physical "miracle" evidence or voice from above of God's true existence at this time for me, except the patience, LOVE and dedication for God's Word through this child of God, that He sent to witness to me. Soon, I began to look around me and began to see for myself, that this world we live in, with all the hate, selfishness and destruction going on and began to wonder, how can one human being show so much patience, care and LOVE. A perfect stranger in my life. I'm thinking to myself, why should they even care? I soon began to realize that.....God does.

After months of witnessing and having the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ read to me, my heart was lifted and I began to realize that God did send Jesus to die for me and I confessed. Even within my own heart, I too did not feel like an evil person but it is still written in Romans 5:12, "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."

Whether we choose to believe or not, whether it even sounds fair or not, it has been written. God is not making an apology or an excuse to man for our beliefs or unbeliefs, He is showing however, unconditional love for His creation and making every wrong thing right with LOVE through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ and has promised eternal life to all who call upon Him and believe that he is Lord and Savior and payed the price for our sins. Have you ever read the Gospel of Jesus Christ? If so, what are your feelings? Please excuse me if I am wrong but if you have no desire to read it, maybe you should as to see what you truly feel inside.

Nevertheless, God's love abounds for us all. We just have to receive Him into our hearts. I will continue to keep praying for us all and encourage all Brothers and Sisters to do the same for we that do believe must know, these are extremely trying times as it is written in John 3:17, "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." Amen.

I have read the Gospels of Jesus Christ. It's a nice story but I haven't really seen any indication it's true.

But why should only those who believe receive eternal life? How easily one believes is up to the individual. God could've chosen another attribute to whom he grants eternal life.

It's about if it said in the Bible that only blonde people get to heaven. I could dye my hair but that wouldn't make me blonde, just as I can go to church services and sing psalms. It doesn't change the fact that I am not blonde/do not believe.

Anyway, thanks for your answer. :)

Upvote 0

Borel

Jun 24, 2008
Espoo, Finland
✟7,694.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That's another question. In answer to your 2nd question: He didn't, so why worry about it?
Searching/ trying to remove your obstructions to see what's already there - is the same thing.

Good luck with that.

So, you believe that non-believers do not automatically go to hell? Or am I just misunderstanding you? :)

I stopped searching a while ago. I continue to keep an open mind, but I do not intend to spend my life searching for something I suspect isn't there.

Upvote 0

Borel

Jun 24, 2008
Espoo, Finland
✟7,694.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

God.
man.

This is a test.

hast thou no detective skills? Perhaps it be-eth time to get thyself off the merry-go-round and learn them, then?

I posted this thread to learn what Christians here thought about non-belief being a sin punishable by hell, not to practice my detective skills.

So, you believe that non-believers are just denying something they deep down know exists and deserve to burn in hell?

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

m0rk

Oct 19, 2008
✟7,626.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, you believe that non-believers do not automatically go to hell? Or am I just misunderstanding you? :)
Where did you get that from what I said to you?!?

I stopped searching a while ago. I continue to keep an open mind, but I do not intend to spend my life searching for something I suspect isn't there.
I didn't say that you were searching. You made the statement that, if I can summise, God hasn't presented himself to you. I was merely pointing out the error of that statement. And from the statement above, you definately don't want to know about it. So you've tied yourself up in your own argument.

Upvote 0

Borel

Jun 24, 2008
Espoo, Finland
✟7,694.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Where did you get that from what I said to you?!?

I didn't say that you were searching. You made the statement that, if I can summise, God hasn't presented himself to you. I was merely pointing out the error of that statement. And from the statement above, you definately don't want to know about it. So you've tied yourself up in your own argument.

Oh, I just figured from the "He didn't, so why worry about it"... guess I just completely misunderstood you. :blush:

Are you saying I'm blinding myself from reality (where God is real)?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

m0rk

Oct 19, 2008
✟7,626.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I just figured from the "He didn't, so why worry about it"... guess I just completely misunderstood you. :blush:
LOL ..no worries! Just freaked me out a little there! ;)

Are you saying I'm blinding myself from reality (where God is real)?
Yes

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by brinny

God.
man.

This is a test.

I posted this thread to learn what Christians here thought about non-belief being a sin punishable by hell, not to practice my detective skills.

So, you believe that non-believers are just denying something they deep down know exists and deserve to burn in hell?

yes. and well detective skills are important any which'a way ya go in life.....they're something God blessed me with and i love them...they're what gives life a zest and a sense of adventure....and they're the antithesis to boredom....

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Borel. May I ask who told you that non-belief means eternal torture? For men and women who do,not or cannot believe, there is a place in Outer Darkness, without God`s Love or Light. God is not forcing anybody to return to Him, and if a person does not want to, what else could be done? When God raised Jesus, after He was crucified and died on the Cross, Jesus is with God-Father, and Death had lost its sting. There is no more death, we will either return to God, or will live eternity in the place without God. When we come to the end of our earthly life, and have left our earthly bodies behind, our souls will not die. And for the voice from heaven, or such sign from God, how long do you think it will take some clever Human, to find some counterfeit-voice, to make people believe that it is God speaking? God is all-powerful as well as all-knowing, He knows what we are capable of. God`s Plan is the right one, and He wants repentance and change of character, Love is the key back to God. What is so hard, or wrong about that, Borel? I say this humbly and with love. Greetings from Emmy, sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mack7

One Word, One Truth, One God
Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
✟15,357.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I have read the Gospels of Jesus Christ. It's a nice story but I haven't really seen any indication it's true.

But why should only those who believe receive eternal life? How easily one believes is up to the individual. God could've chosen another attribute to whom he grants eternal life.

It's about if it said in the Bible that only blonde people get to heaven. I could dye my hair but that wouldn't make me blonde, just as I can go to church services and sing psalms. It doesn't change the fact that I am not blonde/do not believe.

Anyway, thanks for your answer. :)

Greetings and God bless. But we know that statement was not written. To answer your question to why should only those who believe receive eternal life? It is written in Romans 8:7-8, "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." As children of God we believe in the Word of God as written in 1 Samuel 16:7, "But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: FOR THE LORD SEETH NOT AS MAN SEETH; FOR MAN LOOKETH ON THE OUTWARD APPEARANCE, BUT THE LORD LOOKETH ON THE HEART."

God knows your innermost feelings including your beliefs, so He cannot be fooled. This is why we know that it is written in John 4:23-24, "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father SEEKETH such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."

How do we know this? For it is written in Romans 8:16, "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:.." So even in the end, after all is said and done and you choose still not to believe, we as the children of God know that it is written in Romans 8:24-25, "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it." That hope is in Jesus Christ. It is also written in Hebrews 11:6, "But without faith it is impossible to please Him; for he that cometh to God must BELIEVE that He is..."

Please understand that I am not trying to convince you. I am a child of God and I do care. I am not led here to Christian Forums for jesting purposes. I am quoting scripture on what I am led by God to quote. Jesus speaks as written in John 6:44-47, "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." Amen.

I will close with this, there is no question about God's existence, only denial. It is written in Romans 2:19-20, "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" Amen. May God bless you and bring you into the understanding in which you seek. :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Borel

Jun 24, 2008
Espoo, Finland
✟7,694.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hi again! :wave:
And thanks, brinny, been fun posting with you too. :)

LOL ..no worries! Just freaked me out a little there! ;)

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. :)

Do you think I'm turning my back and closing my eyes on purpose? I can assure you I am not. ;)

Upvote 0

Borel

Jun 24, 2008
Espoo, Finland
✟7,694.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

So you don't think I can honestly disbelieve God? Because it sure feels like there is no belief in a god in me.

and well detective skills are important any which'a way ya go in life.....they're something God blessed me with and i love them...they're what gives life a zest and a sense of adventure....and they're the antithesis to boredom....

Hmm... detective skills... ;)

Upvote 0

Borel

Jun 24, 2008
Espoo, Finland
✟7,694.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Greetings and God bless. But we know that statement was not written. To answer your question to why should only those who believe receive eternal life? It is written in Romans 8:7-8, "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." As children of God we believe in the Word of God as written in 1 Samuel 16:7, "But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: FOR THE LORD SEETH NOT AS MAN SEETH; FOR MAN LOOKETH ON THE OUTWARD APPEARANCE, BUT THE LORD LOOKETH ON THE HEART."

God knows your innermost feelings including your beliefs, so He cannot be fooled. This is why we know that it is written in John 4:23-24, "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father SEEKETH such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."

How do we know this? For it is written in Romans 8:16, "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:.." So even in the end, after all is said and done and you choose still not to believe, we as the children of God know that it is written in Romans 8:24-25, "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it." That hope is in Jesus Christ. It is also written in Hebrews 11:6, "But without faith it is impossible to please Him; for he that cometh to God must BELIEVE that He is..."

The problem is, I don't think we choose what we believe. We believe what we conclude is correct from the evidence we have, whatever we might take as evidence. I just cannot change my beliefs however I want. Although you guys are probably sick of this example, try believing that Sauron is real. It won't work, because you have absolutely no reason to believe he is real.

What I'm trying to say is, I just can't start believing, even if I'd want to.

Please understand that I am not trying to convince you. I am a child of God and I do care. I am not led here to Christian Forums for jesting purposes. I am quoting scripture on what I am led by God to quote. Jesus speaks as written in John 6:44-47, "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." Amen.

I will close with this, there is no question about God's existence, only denial. It is written in Romans 2:19-20, "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" Amen. May God bless you and bring you into the understanding in which you seek. :wave:

Obviously I disagree. ;)

---------
Your post was written in a really kind way, thanks for that. :)

Upvote 0

Borel

Jun 24, 2008
Espoo, Finland
✟7,694.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Sorry Emmy, I seem to have missed you post.

Dear Borel. May I ask who told you that non-belief means eternal torture? For men and women who do,not or cannot believe, there is a place in Outer Darkness, without God`s Love or Light. God is not forcing anybody to return to Him, and if a person does not want to, what else could be done? When God raised Jesus, after He was crucified and died on the Cross, Jesus is with God-Father, and Death had lost its sting. There is no more death, we will either return to God, or will live eternity in the place without God.

I would gladly receive God's love or light. I just cannot believe. Why should I be left without God's love or light solely because of that? Would I believe in your God I would accept him.

When we come to the end of our earthly life, and have left our earthly bodies behind, our souls will not die. And for the voice from heaven, or such sign from God, how long do you think it will take some clever Human, to find some counterfeit-voice, to make people believe that it is God speaking? God is all-powerful as well as all-knowing, He knows what we are capable of. God`s Plan is the right one, and He wants repentance and change of character, Love is the key back to God. What is so hard, or wrong about that, Borel? I say this humbly and with love. Greetings from Emmy, sister in Christ.

I cannot love something I do not believe exists.

----------
Thanks for your kind post, though. :)

Upvote 0