Why is inappropriate contentography wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the rational explanation about why inappropriate contentography is wrong?

In addition to what’s already been said, because you’re helping sustain an industry that profits from the sexual exploitation of people. Are you aware that a large percentage of the people you see in inappropriate content are victims of sex trafficking? So the next time you’re watching one of those little clips, imagine it’s your mother, sister, or daughter and she’s being forced to do what you’re getting off watching. And then imagine explaining yourself to God for why you got your rocks off watching one of his children being exploited like that.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is the rational explanation about why inappropriate contentography is wrong?

I mean for one inappropriate content and human trafficking go hand in hand in a lot of cases.
You're involved in fornication if you're not married with it and if you are married then adultery because it's clear in the NT just looking at that stuff and relishing in it is wrong. Even from a logical standpoint if you have that favorite inappropriate contentstar you like to watch or get turned on by aside from your wife that's adultery. I mean you can become addicted also...and any addiction is bad and a waste of time I mean.

Last edited:
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
In addition to what’s already been said, because you’re helping sustain an industry that profits from the sexual exploitation of people. Are you aware that a large percentage of the people you see in inappropriate content are victims of sex trafficking? So the next time you’re watching one of those little clips, imagine it’s your mother, sister, or daughter and she’s being forced to do what you’re getting off watching. And then imagine explaining yourself to God for why you got your rocks off watching one of his children being exploited like that.
Exploitation isn't just a problem in parts of the inappropriate content industry. I'll have a lot to explain to God for owning an iPhone, after knowing about the exploitation that takes place in their factories. But I digress...

Back to the inappropriate content-based exploitation: Do you by chance know of any ministry (or even a secular union-type outfit) that is actively involved in liberating these exploited people, or at least ensuring that they get proper treatment in that environment? Given how strongly many react against inappropriate content, I would hope that just as many are involved in such a ministry/organization, if it indeed exists. I'd think that such a situation would call for action, not merely avoidance.

Exploitation, in any industry, is wrong.

Upvote 0

John 1720

Harvest Worker
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2013
Massachusetts
✟149,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Really? Then why did a news outlet a few months ago have an article about some inappropriate content website (apparently a large one) that queries the gender and orientation of those who visit and then track their views. It said by far the largest group that viewed male gay inappropriate content (men on men) was straight women.
The stats I have seen may be somewhat out of date (see below) but no matter the gender the sin remains the same and is just as destructive. However, that said my understanding is men are far more likely than women to be consumers of inappropriate content. In our broken world I guess I'm not surprised to see that consumption of inappropriate content by women are on the rise. What that will translate to as far as negative impact to our culture is yet to be seen but it doesn't take a genius to figure out it will be bad. It is still a corrupting force upon the soul of humanity as it is just another form of sexual idolatry.
Get the Latest inappropriate contentography Statistics
BOLD - Violence Against Women on the Internet -
In Christ John 17:20

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John 1720

Harvest Worker
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2013
Massachusetts
✟149,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Except for the minor point that many women find it empowering...
I'm sure Ted Bundi found it empowering as well. Let's call out sin for what it is.

Upvote 0

John 1720

Harvest Worker
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2013
Massachusetts
✟149,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Exploitation isn't just a problem in parts of the inappropriate content industry. I'll have a lot to explain to God for owning an iPhone, after knowing about the exploitation that takes place in their factories. But I digress...

Back to the inappropriate content-based exploitation: Do you by chance know of any ministry (or even a secular union-type outfit) that is actively involved in liberating these exploited people, or at least ensuring that they get proper treatment in that environment? Given how strongly many react against inappropriate content, I would hope that just as many are involved in such a ministry/organization, if it indeed exists. I'd think that such a situation would call for action, not merely avoidance.

We had an ministry organization in Nepal that was recently forced to shut down but there are several. Here are some
7 Christian Groups Working to End Human Trafficking

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship

The other thing that's never made sense to me in regards to inappropriate contentography and sex trafficking is that if it's really this widespread and evident as some people make it out to be, then why are the authorities not investigating these studios? I don't deny that sex trafficking exists in inappropriate contentography, but I have a hard time believing that supposedly every actor and actress in inappropriate contentography is being trafficked and exploited. It's not like they're shady organizations hiding in the shadows outside of the law, these are legitimate companies required to follow the law.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
The other thing that's never made sense to me in regards to inappropriate contentography and sex trafficking is that if it's really this widespread and evident as some people make it out to be, then why are the authorities not investigating these studios? I don't deny that sex trafficking exists in inappropriate contentography, but I have a hard time believing that supposedly every actor and actress in inappropriate contentography is being trafficked and exploited. It's not like they're shady organizations hiding in the shadows outside of the law, these are legitimate companies required to follow the law.
This is a very good point.

I think with the whole inappropriate content issue is the more pressing concern is human trafficking and exploitation (where it's happening in that industry at all), more so than the viewing of erotic situations. Much like it isn't having beef in one's diet that's the issue as much as it is how the cow was treated in the factory beforehand. While going vegan or vegetarian might address the problem to some extent, actively ensuring the humane treatment within that environment is also a worthy goal.

If the actors can choose the industry that will treat them well, and are in it because they wish to be and not out of coercion, such industries would hopefully put the exploitative ones right out of business.

Speaking of ethical treatment in the workplace, if anyone is looking for a more humanely manufactured smartphone, Fairphone might be a good choice. I haven't tried them yet, but I might consider them when purchasing my next phone.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Because it is a sin as defined by God, both of lust and fornication. That alone is why it is wrong. The only righteous expression of sexual intercourse is between husband and wife, and no one else, in the covenant bond of marriage. There is no other righteous expression of sexual intercourse outside of the covenant bond of marriage between one man and one woman, none.

inappropriate contentography involves only self gratification, selfishness and absolutely no commitment (there is no committment to a computer screen). It is unloving, it is self seeking, utter selfishness and it is destructive. A large amount of people involved in inappropriate contentography have sexually transmitted diseases, abuse alcohol and drugs, are in abuse and self destructive relationships, have been involved in abortions, and many of those in inappropriate contentography have committed suicide.

Viewers of inappropriate contentography are destroyed by having distorted and twisted view of the opposite sex and what a righteous sexual relationship looks like. They also struggle to love selflessly their spouse, should they ever get married. They often have an objectifying view of the opposite sex. inappropriate contentography can lead to even deeper and greater sins such as homosexuality, pedophilia and inappropriate behavior with animals or worse.

There is not one single solitary thing that comes from inappropriate contentography, not one. inappropriate contentography is utterly destructive.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single

I think with the whole inappropriate content issue is the more pressing concern is human trafficking and exploitation (where it's happening in that industry at all), more so than the viewing of erotic situations. Much like it isn't having beef in one's diet that's the issue as much as it is how the cow was treated in the factory beforehand. While going vegan or vegetarian might address the problem to some extent, actively ensuring the humane treatment within that environment is also a worthy goal.

If the actors can choose the industry that will treat them well, and are in it because they wish to be and not out of coercion, such industries would hopefully put the exploitative ones right out of business.

Speaking of ethical treatment in the workplace, if anyone is looking for a more humanely manufactured smartphone, Fairphone might be a good choice. I haven't tried them yet, but I might consider them when purchasing my next phone.
Well how about that -- there's actually an organization called The Ethical inappropriate content Partnership, focused on "channeling funds to anti-trafficking, anti-sexual violence and sex education initiatives, as well as taking an unequivocal stand on condemning child abuse imagery, and all non-consensual sexually explicit material, such as so-called ‘revenge inappropriate content’.".

Good for them.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Agree trafficking is more pressing, but I think inappropriate content absolutely inflames the demand for younger and younger girls, as well as much of promoting the idea of conquest (whether by male or female) for self gratification (Fish love in the rabbi's words) rather than an act of love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 5:22 says being angry is a sin. Watching violent movies that exploit emotions can lead to anger.
So we should justify/allow inappropriate content because we watch violent movies?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We truly do live in dark times when people actually think inappropriate content is not a sin.
Wow. Jesus said if you look upon a woman in lust you have committed adultery already in your heart with her and you are in danger of hell fire (See Matthew 5:28-30). Adultery is sexual unfaithfulness while being married. Just do a keyword search for the word at Blue Letter Bible. Fornication is usually the sexual sin outside of marriage. Any kind of sex outside of marriage is fornication. Again, do a keyword search for this word, as well. Anyways, like adultery, you can commit fornication in your heart (Which is the same as the physical act).

1 "Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband." (1 Corinthians 7:1-2).

9 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." (Revelation 21:8).

If you do not see inappropriate content is wrong, you are:

(a) Turning women and men into sex objects and not human beings.
(b) In support of lust and not love. There is a difference.
(c) In support of sex addiction.
(d) In denial that sex outside of marriage leads to diseases (Which is a punishment from God).
(e) In support of sick sexual practices due to your own lusts.

There is no holiness or righteousness in inappropriate content.
Surely you can play a scene from a war movie or even Christ's crucifixion at church, but... inappropriate content? You really do not see a difference? Sex is supposed to be something sacred only for one man and one woman in marriage only.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: John 1720
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Agree trafficking is more pressing, but I think inappropriate content absolutely inflames the demand for younger and younger girls, as well as much of promoting the idea of conquest (whether by male or female) for self gratification (Fish love in the rabbi's words) rather than an act of love.
I do think that inappropriate content, like any genre, carries the potential to encourage whatever line of thinking it's demonstrating. That's why, again like any genre, it has to be handled responsibly. If the context is characterized with respect for the individuals involved, the result will likely be of far better integrity.

For instance, I'm sure the American infatuation with everything from old Westerns to new action movies is at least a little responsible for the American infatuation with gun-rights. Makes the dudes feel like such cowboys to be, you know, packing heat! :)

So we should justify/allow inappropriate content because we watch violent movies?
Or maybe just not disparage people for watching inappropriate content until one has abstained from watching violent movies, given that both can be damaging if not handled correctly. It's rather like someone indulging in alcohol dissing people who smoke weed.

Surely you can play a scene from a war movie or even Christ's crucifixion at church, but... inappropriate content? You really do not see a difference? Sex is supposed to be something sacred only for one man and one woman in marriage only.
Life is supposed to be sacred too (in fact, sex wouldn't be sacred apart from it), so how can one who is against inappropriate content not be against violent imagery in films?

Reactions: Colter
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In God's Word He tells us to lust after someone else in one's heart is the same as committing adultery with them. Since this is true, then when someone is watching inappropriate content, they are naturally getting excited by those in the 'movie', so that is lusting after someone that you are not married to.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.