Why is God making the unfolding story so complicated?

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God knows what we are doing and intervenes throughout history in a loving and violent fashion but why? Why not just end all the nonsense and bring about his word. What is the point of letting us go on in this crazy fashion?

I didn't get straight with God until 2009. What if he pulled the plug on this whole mess before then? I would be lost and in the pit forever.

I thank God for His patience. There are more who are to come to Him. It's for mercy and compassion that this world has continued on, not for evil. You will see.

When the very last person who is to be saved is saved, I believe He will unleash His wrath upon the world. Until then, I thank Him for His patience, mercy, and grace. Thank You, Jesus!

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But AGTG one could argue why does God have to be so mysterious and not be present here. Why even make us within sin altogether? Why not just create a world of good people that pleases him, why create a mess or allow such a mess to continue?

Everything God created, including man which was made in His image, was "good." (emphasis mine)

Genesis 1
9 And God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry land Earth,4 and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

11 And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants5 yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so. 12 The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening and there was morning, the third day.
14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons,6 and for days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth.” And it was so. 16 And God made the two great lights-the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night-and the stars. 17 And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day.

20 And God said, “Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds7 fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.” 21 So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

One thing not mentioned that God did that was good, was give man freewill. I'm sure you'd agree that freewill is good, no? Do you want to be in a master/slave relationship with God? Do you want to be a robot who cannot make any choice?

God does not want this, either, because He wants a genuine love and obedience based upon one's freewill choice. He would not force you to do anything, it's not His way.

What happened next, was bad because man took this precious gift of freewill and used it for sin by eating of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. This sin separate man from Him, and that was bad.

But God had a plan to restore man in right relationship. More than that, He had eternity in His heart and knew the glorious things that He would bring forth to all the people who would eventually come to Him.

See, it's eternity that we set our eyes upon. If we focus on the wickedness of this age, or even this life, or this decade, or this year, or this day, we would be filled with hopelessness because it's not what we are supposed to focus our eyes upon.

Fix your eyes on Jesus! Fix your eyes on Father God! Let the Holy Spirit fill you with the revelation of eternity in your heart and you will no longer lament and complain of what's happened down the centuries.

Eternity is a long time, my friend. When I look back 10,000 year from now, I will wonder how I fretted about so many things. Most of all, I will thank Him for His amazing plan and His mercy and grace that kept me all through this life (which is so very short) to bring into a place of eternity with Him!

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all wrestle with those questions from time to time. I usually end up acknowledging that I don't know, I don't need to know, and I probably couldn't fully understand it anyway.

I suspect that the real answers are many levels beyond the theories we come up with. Imagine trying to explain the macroeconomic theory behind using quantitative easing vs. government bonds to reach a target interest rate... to a five year old with a lemonade stand.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I suspect that the real answers are many levels beyond the theories we come up with. Imagine trying to explain the macroeconomic theory behind using quantitative easing vs. government bonds to reach a target interest rate... to a five year old with a lemonade stand.

^_^ That about sums it up. Or, as the Bible states: God's ways are higher than our ways.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear sickntired771. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " Love God with all your hearts, with all your souls, and with all your minds. The second is like it:
love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40, Jesus tells us: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: "ask and you shall receive," here we ask God for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour: all we know and all
we meet, friends and not friends. We keep asking for, and receiving Love and Joy,
then thank God and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour. That is short and to the point, God is Love and God wants loving sons and daughters.
We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us and carry on being loving and joyful. God sees our loving efforts, and God will approve and bless us.
The Bible tells us to " Repent and be Born Again," we change our selfish wishes and wants-and start loving and caring. The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
A Christian`s weapon is LOVE, with love we will overcome all enmity and wrong behaviour. God wants our love, freely given and NO conditions made.
I say this with love, sickntired. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
God knows what we are doing and intervenes throughout history in a loving and violent fashion but why? Why not just end all the nonsense and bring about his word. What is the point of letting us go on in this crazy fashion?

2 Peter 3:8-9

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's ways may seem complicated, but they are HIS WAYS, as some readers have already said. Keep also in mind that God is holy and we are only sinners (and some are saved sinners), so we need to appreciate holiness at least (and be submissive). Good parents have ways to protect and guide their children, and children seldom understand all; however, the ways prove good when children mature ---like us with God??? Reading His Word daily will help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But AGTG one could argue why does God have to be so mysterious and not be present here. Why even make us within sin altogether? Why not just create a world of good people that pleases him, why create a mess or allow such a mess to continue?

As to this point, God did not make or seek perfect children like Angels --He didn't need more Angels. He wanted children who would learn to love Him, and that is a process. We should not fight against the process, and wilfully submit to our Creator who loves us (John 3:16). We have a wondrous and wonderful God. Do you know Him? ---see John 14:6.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
There are parents who run such a tight ship, that their children behave and their household runs smoothly. But around junior high, their children reach a popping point where they do the opposite of what they learned, just to assert some control themselves, or express their individuality.

Then they learn the hard way, how to protect and preserve their lives.

We all need training, whether life looks flawless or dangerous. The character-muscles we build lead to capabilities we may need in the spiritual realm, in crises, to help others, to build something new.

I agree that the corrupt and painful world is a difficult training ground, but it seems if we didn't go through it, we'd be china dolls with fragile frames and thin skin.

We respect people who rise up through corruption with heroism. We might not have a clue what that means if we grew up sheltered.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Investing good values in our children with love, will insure good results when children mature; and even more if we instill godly values by His Word early in life. A child will thrash around some, but will end up honoring good and honorable parents later, and bless and praise them if they are godly parents.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever.
The LORD is omniscient and eternal. He is not caught in time as we are, He sees "our" past, present, and future all at the same time.

This age of grace will end soon...

It's hard to hear of a believer suffering. Try to take it one hour or day at a time, and focus on Him.

Since (I believe) we are in the end times then the world which calls evil good and good evil will become worse and worse, and the events--like that of childbirth--will become harsher and harsher and closer and closer together as we await the rapture out from God's wrath...

God says "
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
"

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

1watchman said in post 13:

Investing good values in our children with love, will insure good results when children mature; and even more if we instill godly values by His Word early in life. A child will thrash around some, but will end up honoring good and honorable parents later, and bless and praise them if they are godly parents.

Amen.

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it" (Proverbs 22:6).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God does things in His own time. I mean, look at how long before He sent the Savior to be born in order to die for our sins. Galatians 4:4-5 But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so we might receive adoption as sons.

Red section my emphasis.

Upvote 0