So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Recently I made a random comment about babies to a work colleague who responded with "You're so young though, you have years ahead of you before you will start trying to a baby!"

I've also had people tell me that I am very young to be married.

And it seems that increasingly it is a very common opinion that 27, my age, is way too young to be married or have a baby. (This seems to be the dominant opinion where I live anyway). My husband is 26, a year younger than me, and people often think he is also too young.

It really upsets me because I love my husband, who I have been with for 8 years and married for 1.5, and because lately I've been thinking a lot about maybe starting a family as it's something I really want and feel like bringing another soul into this world to love and nurture is the next step in our relationship. I definitely feel ready, we are very emotionally and financially stable. But then people tell me that we are too young and it makes me second guess myself.

How can I not care what other people think? Why do they feel 27 is too young to be married and/or to have a baby? Is there any validity to this widespread societal opinion and maybe should I reconsider my motives at this age? Would I regret having a child at this age?

It's kind-of a downer when people judge you based on your age :(
I think 27 is the perfect age. That way you're young enough to keep up with them when they're teenagers.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Recently I made a random comment about babies to a work colleague who responded with "You're so young though, you have years ahead of you before you will start trying to a baby!"

I've also had people tell me that I am very young to be married.

And it seems that increasingly it is a very common opinion that 27, my age, is way too young to be married or have a baby. (This seems to be the dominant opinion where I live anyway). My husband is 26, a year younger than me, and people often think he is also too young.

It really upsets me because I love my husband, who I have been with for 8 years and married for 1.5, and because lately I've been thinking a lot about maybe starting a family as it's something I really want and feel like bringing another soul into this world to love and nurture is the next step in our relationship. I definitely feel ready, we are very emotionally and financially stable. But then people tell me that we are too young and it makes me second guess myself.

How can I not care what other people think? Why do they feel 27 is too young to be married and/or to have a baby? Is there any validity to this widespread societal opinion and maybe should I reconsider my motives at this age? Would I regret having a child at this age?

It's kind-of a downer when people judge you based on your age :(

Nonsense I say.
You are married and a fundamental part of holy matrimony is procreation, To be frank Im more surprised that others consider 27 to young for having a baby especially if your finances is secured and you live in a loving marriage.
Fertility is at its highest at about 25 years of age and from there on it starts dropping.
If you decide to have a child when youre say 35 years chances are that you may never get pregnant not to mention that first time labour at that age are also at increased chance of losing the child.

Nah I say go on you lovebirds:)
Please share the awsome news when/ if you get pregnant as Im rooting for you both.

With love.
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph
-aCoM

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And it seems that increasingly it is a very common opinion that 27, my age, is way too young to be married or have a baby.
35 is the age when a pregnancy is considered to be high risk. So it depend on how big of a family you want and how many years you want them to be apart. 35 is also the cut off age for a mid wife to where you have to go to a hospital if you want help with your child birth.

Upvote 0