Why I'm Here

DGonz

Sep 25, 2010
✟15,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I'm new to CF and new to Christianity.

I decided to follow Christ about 3 months ago and ever since I have made that choice, my life has changed for the better immensely. I am 16 and therefore still live with my family. Due to the economy, my family's budget was low and my dad had been laid off for 3 years. I have never even thought of following Christ, even though my best friend and his family (who I'm extremely close to) are Christians. I never even believed in God. But when my girlfriend for 6 months broke up with me, I was in a depressed situation for a while. I know it was only 6 months and I'm only 16, but I truly felt like I loved her and wanted to be with her for the rest of my life. But I now know that her breaking up with me was a turn for the better, because I decided that if i couldn't love her, I would share my love with Christ. At the time I was just looking for something to share my love with, but a week after i made that choice to love Christ, my dad had been put back to work, my grades have been way better, my parents never fight anymore, and I have these very emotional nights while praying because I feel His presence. I now realize that I never truly loved my ex-girlfriend, but I love Christ and what he did for me and everyone else. Just the thought of Him loving us not for what we have done or what we will become brings me to tears. His love has truly touched me.

Since my best friend's family are Christian, I have been going to church every sunday and joining bible study with them every monday. I came to this website in hopes of learning about His word because I feel like I have a ton to learn and a place to discuss my problems for help and to help others through their problems, etc.

Well, that's why I'm here. Thank you for reading :wave:

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Just a word of caution - being a Christian is not easy and don't expect your life to stay peaches and cream. God will allow trials to be put in our lives to strengthen our faith.

Fellowship and reading the Bible is a great step :)

Upvote 0

WretchedMan

Ambassador for Jesus Christ
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas, USA
✟7,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to the body of Christ! It's always makes me happy when I hear that someone has turned to Jesus and away from the world. Enjoy this time of discovery and growth. It is a great time getting to know Jesus. Learn to lean on Him and realize that He is present with you. The emotional aspect is nice, but don't view that as proof that He is with you. The feelings will change, just like in any relationship, and there is a danger of thinking that He isn't with you when this happens. Jesus tells us He is always with us in the Great Commission.

Matthew 28:18-20: 18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

You are always in His presence. Also, you can come boldly before the Father anytime. Bring your joys, fears, pain, sin... everything to Him. He loves you and knows you in and out and understands you, even in your weakness.

Hebrews 4:14-16: 14 Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

I'll leave you with a bit of advice I was given to grow in wisdom and knowledge of Him. It is summed up in a simple phrase: "Knees on the ground, nose in the Book". In other words, you need to devote time in prayer. The King of all creation has given you access to Him whenever you want. Fully, take advantage of this liberty to speak with and fellowship with Him. Prayer isn't just a laundry list of wants and needs, it is how we communicate with Him. The other part, read the scriptures. There are thousands of years of knowledge and wisdom in them. Jesus said, in John 5, to the Jews who opposed Him , "39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life." Jesus is the main character throughout scripture and there is much to be learned of Him through the study of them.

God bless you and keep you as you follow and imitate Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome and thanks for sharing! I would like to echo the caution that being a Christian does not make your problems go away. You were given a special gift... kind of like a signing bonus. :) But understand that life will cycle downward again, and it is important to cling to your faith. Your problems won't vanish, but the Holy Spirit can really help to keep it all in proper perspective.

Upvote 0

Bart Siegwart

Oct 9, 2010
✟15,114.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I feel the genuine touch of Jesus upon you. Yes I cry too. First things first. Your on a great track to knowing and loving Jesus. KNOW HIM: Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal God's truth (the love of Jesus) through His Holy Word. Study your brains out like a hungry man that can never be satisfied. By knowing (loving) Jesus, you bring His all mighty power into your life and the lives of everyone around you

Second: God saved you. You already have incredible power to help others around you. Know that each of your prayers will be answered. Pray the prayer above then pray for your father to be blessed with a job, that God will touch his heart to receive it. If he is not saved, pray for this most of all. Work in unison with other "Spirit filled" Christians to pray for needs.

Third. If someone's need of any kind, becomes known to you, it's usually God asking you to help. You have the Supernatural Power of God to help others now. Pray for God to show you what to say and do every minute of everyday. Fill your life with God so Satan hasn't got any place to put something!!

STAY STRONG (remember and understand the parable of the sower)

Upvote 0