Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"The only answer I got was two different people citing the cabbage radish hybrid. I do not believe hybridization is a valid answer and if it is the only answer it would seem we are is scraping the bottom of the barrel."

Looks legitimate.

Brassicoraphanus - Wikipedia

search
Raphanobrassica
Scientific classification

Kingdom:
Plantae
(unranked):
Angiosperms
(unranked):
Eudicots
(unranked):
Rosids
Order:
Brassicales
Family:
Brassicaceae
Genus:
Brassicoraphanus

Sageret
Synonyms

Raphanobrassica

Brassicoraphanus is any intergeneric hybrid between the genera Brassica (cabbages, etc.) and Raphanus (radish). The name comes from the combination of the genus names. Both diploid hybrids and allopolyploid hybrids are known and share this name.

Early experimental crosses between species of these two genera had been sterile or nearly sterile, but large-scale experiments by Soviet agronomist Georgi Dmitrievich Karpechenko using Raphanus sativus and Brassica oleracea were remarkable because some of the plants produced hundreds of seeds. The second generation were allopolyploids, the result of gametes with doubled chromosome numbers.[1][2][3] As Karpechenko realized, this process had created a new species, and it could justifiably be called a new genus, and proposed the name Raphanobrassica for them, but the earlier name Brassicoraphanus has priority. Plants of this parentage are now known as radicole.[4]

Its new, its unique, its quantitatively more than it once was with a doubled number of chromosomes, its stable and complex.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here are the common ring species that are observed instances of speciation.
Ring species - Wikipedia

They are new, they are unique, they have unique DNA and unique morphological features, they have varying quantitative amounts of DNA, they are unlike their ancestors.

Most creationists do not deny speciation. And recognize that "kinds" can breed or adapt into other species of the same "kind". I think if any creationist wants to deny observed speciation, they can take up debate amongst themselves.

Upvote 0

Ohj1n37

May 13, 2018
North Carolina
✟25,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Its new, its unique, its quantitatively more than it once was with a doubled number of chromosomes, its stable and complex.

The point is that with how widely accepted evolution is the only answers for a new species that were given seems to be a hybrid between two plants. The link in my previous post refers to the radish cabbage hybrid. I would recommend reading it with an open mind.

Ring species - Wikipedia

They are new, they are unique, they have unique DNA and unique morphological features, they have varying quantitative amounts of DNA, they are unlike their ancestors.

To my understanding ring species contradict evolution. According to your link a species originates from one creature and another from the same. Over time the two branches may not contain the same genetic material and are unable to breed. This can be understood with genetic variability, adaption, and breeding.

With ring species there is again no gain of new genetic information. Instead there is a loss of genetic information. An increase of genetic information is required for single cell organisms to become more advanced creatures. This is why ring species contradicts evolution.

You do seem to be correct though that we can classify ring species as new species, but it is not due to a gain of genetic information. It is due to a loss of genetic information. Again evolution requires an increase to be plausible.

I looked over your link and found this one if you would care to look at it. I am sorry if I am upsetting you in any way. I have autism and I am trying to be polite. I just didn't know if you are mad because you posted three times.

Birds of a feather dont breed together - creation.com

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seems like a gain in genetic information to me. We have quantitative increases in DNA with DNA that is completely new that wasn't found in prior ancestors.

Why do you think there has been a decrease in genetic information if there is a quantitative increase in genome size in addition to new and unique dna? The new species are no less complex than their ancestors. In fact, they are technically more derived, meaning they are more specific in their morphologic features.

same with the hybrid plant. Its new, its unique, its quantitatively more than its ancestors with respect to dna, its functional and complex. In the case of ring species, the ring species are even morphologically superior over their ancestors and are more fit for their environment and can out-survive their ancestors.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are no known observable occurrences of a species gaining genetic information it did not already start with.

Let's test your assuption. Suppose a population has two alleles for a certain gene locus, each at 0.5 frequency. What is the information for this gene?

Now, suppose that a mutation produces a new allele, and eventually, all three of them have a frequency of 0.333. (I use these numbers to make your calculations easy, but if you want to insert different numbers, please do so) What is the information for this gene, then?

If the latter is greater than the former, your assumption is wrong. Let us know what your calculations show.

The closest thing to new unique information is a mutation that duplicates genes. These types of mutations are not new or unique genetic information though.

Actually, it is. The number of copies is information. And of course, any new mutation adds information to a population.

The argument is how can a organism become a more advanced organism if there is never any increase in unique genetic information?

Bad assumption, goofy conclusion.

Why would evolution be pushed so hard in school?

They don't. Most people get out of high school, never knowing what evolution is or how it works.

It could be that Darwin's uncle who originally came up with the idea was quoted saying they needed to get God out of science.

Darwin attributed the origin of life to God, so I guess he didn't agree with Uncle.

People who believe in evolution and are much more educated than I were unable to give an example of a species gaining genetic information it did not already start with.

See above. The information for the former is about 0.30. The information for the latter is about 0.477. There you are. The information for any given gene locus is reasonably simple. For each allele, multiply the frequency of that allele by the log of the frequency of the allele, then sum all of the products and multiply by -1. This is why any new mutation results in an increase in information.

I would guess this is because observable science is contrary to their version of science.

Second failed assumption.

The point is do not believe everything you are taught or told.

Yep. We tested what you had been told, and as you see, it's false.

I recommend researching evolution while making sure to look at both sides of the argument.

Knowing what you're talking about can be a big advantage. In this case, you let someone use a two-dollar word to convince you that he knew what he was talking about. With predictable results.

And in most cases, speciation happens when there is a decrease in information.

It's called "Founder Effect." But it doesn't stop there. The new species will continue to have mutations that increase information.

This is how perhaps three species of flies making it to Hawaii, produced hundreds of species over time.

All that new information came from mutations.

• Informative
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Ohj1n37

May 13, 2018
North Carolina
✟25,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you think there has been a decrease in genetic information if there is a quantitative increase in genome size in addition to new and unique dna? The new species are no less complex than their ancestors. In fact, they are technically more derived, meaning they are more specific in their morphologic features.

Ring species to my understanding can be explained with genetic variability, adaptation, and breeding. For example if you want to make a breed of dogs with long ears you would breed two dogs that have long ears. You are making the long ear gene more prevalent by making the short ear gene less prevalent. This is a decrease of genetic information while at the same time breeding a creature that will eventually have different physical traits from the original. This is contrary to evolution as evolution requires an increase in genetic information.

Seems like a gain in genetic information to me. We have quantitative increases in DNA with DNA that is completely new that wasn't found in prior ancestors.

Ring species - Wikipedia

In the link provided neither DNA nor increase were mentioned. If your are willing could you please direct me to a reference that explains how ring species creates an increase in genetic information.

same with the hybrid plant. Its new, its unique, its quantitatively more than its ancestors with respect to dna, its functional and complex. In the case of ring species, the ring species are even morphologically superior over their ancestors and are more fit for their environment and can out-survive their ancestors.

The point of my question,

There are no known occurrences of a species becoming a new species by gaining information it did not otherwise start with.

is how could a single celled organism eventually become a creature like us today if there is no known occurrences of a species becoming a new species by gaining information it did not otherwise start with. With that in mind how does the hybridization of plants answer this?

Let's test your assuption. Suppose a population has two alleles for a certain gene locus, each at 0.5 frequency. What is the information for this gene?

Now, suppose that a mutation produces a new allele, and eventually, all three of them have a frequency of 0.333. (I use these numbers to make your calculations easy, but if you want to insert different numbers, please do so) What is the information for this gene, then?

If the latter is greater than the former, your assumption is wrong. Let us know what your calculations show.

I corrected my question in a previous post.

There are no known occurrences of a species becoming a new species by gaining information it did not otherwise start with.

Your reasoning is not a complete picture. I do not question that there is a gain of genetic information. I question when has a gain of genetic information created a new species. Your example could mean anything such as a genetic disorder.

While I appreciate the attempt to make things simple for me. I am not a complete fool and can see that this attempt to be kind was underhanded. This is inconsiderate and I would ask you to please be nice. While I may not have the education others have I believe I bring up valid points.

The closest thing to new unique information is a mutation that duplicates genes. These types of mutations are not new or unique genetic information though.

Actually, it is. The number of copies is information. And of course, any new mutation adds information to a population.

Again I should have been more specific. I apologize. Where is there a proven occurrence of a mutation creating a new species?

The argument is how can a organism become a more advanced organism if there is never any increase in unique genetic information?

Bad assumption, goofy conclusion.

Could you expand upon why it is a bad assumption and a goofy conclusion? I would assume after over one hundred years of work on a widely accepted theory there would be evidence of a species becoming a new species via a gain of new genetic information. I tend to be so skeptical because I seem to be getting the same answers. None of the answers given seem to answer the question to the origin of species.

Why would evolution be pushed so hard in school?

They don't. Most people get out of high school, never knowing what evolution is or how it works.

I agree with you to some degree. Many people come out of school not knowing how evolution works, but instead just assume it is true.

Yep. We tested what you had been told, and as you see, it's false.

I have yet seen a valid rebuttal to,

I recommend researching evolution while making sure to look at both sides of the argument.

Knowing what you're talking about can be a big advantage. In this case, you let someone use a two-dollar word to convince you that he knew what he was talking about. With predictable results.

I am not sure who you are talking about. I didn't let anyone use any form of word to convince me of anything. I did the research myself and came to my own conclusion. I encourage everyone to do the same. I am not sure what results you are speaking of either.

The new species will continue to have mutations that increase information.

This is how perhaps three species of flies making it to Hawaii, produced hundreds of species over time.

All that new information came from mutations.

Could you please link this finding? I would like to read it for myself and cross check it.

I may have found a similar topic.

Fruit Fly Mutations: Evidence for Evolution?

Here is an interesting excerpt, but I encourage reading the whole thing.

"Years ago, upon studying fruit fly mutations extensively, he concluded that, in spite of the mutations that had been generated to that point, fruit flies were not providing the long sought proof of neo-Darwinian evolution."

I'll repeat my motive just to make things clear.

is how could a single celled organism eventually become a creature like us today if there is no known occurrences of a species becoming a new species by gaining information it did not otherwise start with.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ring species to my understanding can be explained with genetic variability, adaptation, and breeding. For example if you want to make a breed of dogs with long ears you would breed two dogs that have long ears. You are making the long ear gene more prevalent by making the short ear gene less prevalent. This is a decrease of genetic information while at the same time breeding a creature that will eventually have different physical traits from the original. This is contrary to evolution as evolution requires an increase in genetic information.

In the link provided neither DNA nor increase were mentioned. If your are willing could you please direct me to a reference that explains how ring species creates an increase in genetic information.

is how could a single celled organism eventually become a creature like us today if there is no known occurrences of a species becoming a new species by gaining information it did not otherwise start with. With that in mind how does the hybridization of plants answer this?

I corrected my question in a previous post.

Your reasoning is not a complete picture. I do not question that there is a gain of genetic information. I question when has a gain of genetic information created a new species. Your example could mean anything such as a genetic disorder.

While I appreciate the attempt to make things simple for me. I am not a complete fool and can see that this attempt to be kind was underhanded. This is inconsiderate and I would ask you to please be nice. While I may not have the education others have I believe I bring up valid points.

Again I should have been more specific. I apologize. Where is there a proven occurrence of a mutation creating a new species?

Could you expand upon why it is a bad assumption and a goofy conclusion? I would assume after over one hundred years of work on a widely accepted theory there would be evidence of a species becoming a new species via a gain of new genetic information. I tend to be so skeptical because I seem to be getting the same answers. None of the answers given seem to answer the question to the origin of species.

I agree with you to some degree. Many people come out of school not knowing how evolution works, but instead just assume it is true.

I am not sure who you are talking about. I didn't let anyone use any form of word to convince me of anything. I did the research myself and came to my own conclusion. I encourage everyone to do the same. I am not sure what results you are speaking of either.

Could you please link this finding? I would like to read it for myself and cross check it.

Fruit Fly Mutations: Evidence for Evolution?

Here is an interesting excerpt, but I encourage reading the whole thing.

"Years ago, upon studying fruit fly mutations extensively, he concluded that, in spite of the mutations that had been generated to that point, fruit flies were not providing the long sought proof of neo-Darwinian evolution."

is how could a single celled organism eventually become a creature like us today if there is no known occurrences of a species becoming a new species by gaining information it did not otherwise start with.

allopatric speciation does involve alterations in genetics. This isn't equivelant to breeding of dogs, it is observed speciation.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also, genetic information has been observed to increase through duplications and subsequent point mutations. With this, you quantitatively get an increase in DNA and completely new sequences that are unique and have not existed prior to the mutation.

Also, there are observed reverse mutations as well. If you really want to suggest that these observed mutations are decreasing information, all anyone has to do is point out a reverse mutations in which the opposite mutation occurs. What is the opposite of a decrease? An increase of course, in information.

Upvote 0

Ohj1n37

May 13, 2018
North Carolina
✟25,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I realize now you make multiple posts in a row. I did not mean to accuse you of being mad. I just do not want to cause you to get mad.

allopatric speciation does involve alterations in genetics. This isn't equivelant to breeding of dogs, it is observed speciation.

Allopatric speciation - Wikipedia

"These factors can substantially alter a region's geography, resulting in the separation of a species population into isolated subpopulations. The vicariant populations then undergo genetic changes as they become subjected to different selective pressures, experience genetic drift, and accumulate different mutations in the separated populations gene pools."

Genetic drift - Wikipedia

"Genetic drift may cause gene variants to disappear completely and thereby reduce genetic variation."

That sounds like what I was saying to me and that is a secular source. Here is a creationist source.

Speciation conference brings good news for creationists - creation.com

"It is interesting that no-one put forward any evidence that any new genes arose by mutation—no new information seems to be required for any of these mechanisms."

Also, genetic information has been observed to increase through duplications and subsequent point mutations.

Did you not mention this before? Correct me if I am wrong.

If we begin with a genetic sequence AAAA, then have a duplication AAAA AAAA, we have new genetic information that did not pre-exist. If we then have a point mutation AAAA AATA, we then have a brand new sequence introduced.

I answered it with the following post.

I apologize and should have better worded my first post. There are no known occurrences of a species becoming a new species by gaining information it did not otherwise start with.

Let me make sure I understand what you are saying. Please correct me if I am wrong. What if a section of genes gets duplicated and the duplicated section becomes altered? If this is what you are saying I too have thought this.

Here is what I used to address the argument in the thread I linked.

Do new functions arise by gene duplication? - creation.com

Here is an excerpt from the link.

"Evolution by gene duplication predicts a proportional increase in genome size with organism complexity but this is contradicted by the evidence. It is not genome size but intergenic regulatory sequences and gene regulation hierarchies that determine complexity. Gene regulation networks are irreducibly complex and constitute an insurmountable barrier for the theory."

From what I can gather it is a quality versus quantity type of deal.

Also, there are observe reverse mutations as well. If you really want to suggest that these observed mutations are decreasing information, all anyone has to do is point out a reverse mutations in which the decrease is undone, thereby increasing information.

Again correct me if I am wrong wouldn't a reverse mutation just restore what use to be there previously. If this is the case the information is not new. I will now repeat my motive behind the following statement,

I am not trying to be rude. In this thread I wanted to merely point out the above fact out. I am trying to encourage people (the op included) to think for themselves and do the research. How is it that for over one hundred years there is no evidence for this? How can single celled organisms eventually become creatures that we see today if there is no evidence for the creation of new species via the gain of new genetic information?

Please instead of being so dead set on coming up for anything that will prove me wrong look at the motive behind my statements. I too like to understand how things work. Evolution does not seem to give the correct answers.

Test it and see if it is truth.

To my understanding this is what science is or well at least use to be.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

No, that's wrong. Speciation mostly happens in small isolated populations. So that involves a decrease in information. Which process, required for evolution do you think requires an increase in information?

Sometimes evolution results in an increase in information, and sometimes it results in less information.

Perhaps you should tell us how you calculate "information"; it appears that you don't actually know what it is.

Which process of evolution do you think "requires an increase in genetic information?" As you saw, speciation most often involves a decrease in information.

Every new mutation increases information in a population. I'm guessing you have no idea how "information" is actually determined, or what it does. How do you think it's measured in populations?

Your reasoning is not a complete picture. I do not question that there is a gain of genetic information. I question when has a gain of genetic information created a new species.

Speciation doesn't require an increase in information, and it certainly doesn't cause speciation. You weren't aware that most creationist groups now admit that new species evolve? (they say it's not "real evolution", though)

Think about something you're really good at. Now imagine someone who didn't know the first thing about it, walking up and telling you that you were wrong about it. How would you respond?

Yep.

Could you expand upon why it is a bad assumption and a goofy conclusion?

Because speciation most often involves a decrease information.

I would assume after over one hundred years of work on a widely accepted theory there would be evidence of a species becoming a new species via a gain of new genetic information.

Of course. One that comes to mind is O. gigas, a species of evening primrose that evolved from O. lamarkana when a polyploidy event doubled the DNA in it. But more often, there's a decrease in information.

Usually the opposite. In general, the less one knows about biology, the less likely they are to know the evidence for evolution.

As you learned, an increase in information is generally not seen in speciation.

I am not sure who you are talking about. I didn't let anyone use any form of word to convince me of anything.

I notice you talk about information, but don't seem to know anything about it, or even how it's measured. So that does tend to give the impression you were misled.

Like African cichlids and the Darwin finches found on the Galapagos Islands, Hawaiian drosophilids are a striking example of a single lineage diversifying by adapting to a wide variety of environments. The Hawaiian drosophilids are broadly divided into two main groups: the Hawaii-endemic genus Idiomyia and the Scaptomyza genus. About 60 percent of Scaptomyza species are unique to the Hawaiian Islands, with the other 40 percent distributed around the world.

Until now, the “single Hawaiian origin” hypothesis has held sway. This idea proposes that the different Hawaiian drosophilids diverged from a sole common ancestor that once colonized the Hawaiian Islands, then the Hawaiian Scaptomyza subsequently moved back to different continents.

However, by newly determining the DNA sequence information of 11 kinds of non-Hawaiian Scaptomyza species and analysing it along with existing sequence information, the researchers reconstructed the phylogeny, and estimated ancestral distributions and divergence times. The team thus inferred that the Hawaiian drosophilids had plural continental ancestors that independently migrated to Hawaii at different times.

Hawaiian drosophilids had multiple ancestors that migrated from continents: Phylogenetic analysis of DNA sequences showed that ancestors of the Idiomyia genus migrated to Hawaii once, while ancestors of the Scaptomyza genus migrated twice.
Hawaiian fruit flies had multiple ancestors

So from three species, hundreds of species evolved, to fill niches that would have been filled by other insects on the mainland.

Nope. And your source misled you:
Competing Fruit Flies Show Evolution in Action
An experiment by University of California, Davis graduate student Daniel Bolnick has captured evolution in action, provided support for a long-standing hypothesis in evolutionary biology, and could help explain how some new species arise from old ones.

Using the fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster, Bolnick has shown that intense competition between members of the same species can drive some individuals into using different habitat niches. Biologists think that this separation into niches marks the beginning of the process of forming a new species.

"It's a long-standing problem in evolutionary ecology," said Bolnick.

"Dan's work represents a current spate of interest in looking for more empirical evidence," said biologist Peter Wainwright, who is Bolnick's thesis supervisor.

The study is published in the March 22 issue of the journal Nature.

When Charles Darwin arrived in the Galapagos Islands, he noticed that there were many more species of finch in the small islands than on the mainland of South America, said Bolnick. Biologists see the same result in other islands and remote places where a single species has arrived and found itself with few competitors.

Animals and plants have to compete for resources both with other species, and with individuals of their own species. These competitive forces balance each other, said Bolnick. In a big environment such as a continent, competition with other species is more important. But when a species -- for example, a finch -- enters an environment such as a remote island with few other species already present, competition within the species becomes more important.

Recent theoretical work shows that intense competition in the "middle" of a population drives more variation at the edges, said evolutionary biologist Sergey Nuzhdin. Bolnick's work provides experimental evidence for this, he said.
Competing Fruit Flies Show Evolution in Action

The point of my question, is how could a single celled organism eventually become a creature like us today if there is no known occurrences of a species becoming a new species by gaining information it did not otherwise start with.

Two reasons. First, every new mutation adds information to a population. Second, speciation more often involves a decrease in information.

You've been totally misled. But now it's time for you to tell us what you think "information" is, in a population of living things, and how you figure out how much "information" it has.

You're on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I realize now you make multiple posts in a row. I did not mean to accuse you of being mad. I just do not want to cause you to get mad.

Allopatric speciation - Wikipedia

"These factors can substantially alter a region's geography, resulting in the separation of a species population into isolated subpopulations. The vicariant populations then undergo genetic changes as they become subjected to different selective pressures, experience genetic drift, and accumulate different mutations in the separated populations gene pools."

Genetic drift - Wikipedia

"Genetic drift may cause gene variants to disappear completely and thereby reduce genetic variation."

That sounds like what I was saying to me and that is a secular source. Here is a creationist source.

Speciation conference brings good news for creationists - creation.com

"It is interesting that no-one put forward any evidence that any new genes arose by mutation—no new information seems to be required for any of these mechanisms."

Did you not mention this before? Correct me if I am wrong.

I answered it with the following post.

Again correct me if I am wrong wouldn't a reverse mutation just restore what use to be there previously. If this is the case the information is not new. I will now repeat my motive behind the following statement,

I am not trying to be rude. In this thread I wanted to merely point out the above fact out. I am trying to encourage people (the op included) to think for themselves and do the research. How is it that for over one hundred years there is no evidence for this? How can single celled organisms eventually become creatures that we see today if there is no evidence for the creation of new species via the gain of new genetic information?

Please instead of being so dead set on coming up for anything that will prove me wrong look at the motive behind my statements. I too like to understand how things work. Evolution does not seem to give the correct answers.

To my understanding this is what science is or well at least use to be.

You aren't really objectively responding to anything.

we already have established that new genes form from things such as Gene duplication and point mutations. so pondering the question of whether or not new genetic information forms it is already a settled matter.

And you mentioned that reverse mutations would revert back to what originally existed, but what you didn't acknowledge is that what originally existed has been produced by observed duplications and point mutations among other things such as deletions and frameshift etcetera.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Really we have two separate questions, the first being if there can be a quantitative increase in information. Quantitatively we know that genes duplicate and mutate and many ways to produce more genetic information.

the second question is in regards to complexity and whether or not mutations can generate complexity. In which case we have mutations that alter morphological features of an organism which is considered a decrease in complexity then the reverse mutation would be by definition an increase in complexity. or if the original mutation where an increase in complexity then the reverse mutation would be a decrease in complexity.

Either way mutations have demonstrated that they are not limited and whether they can increase or decrease in complexity. mutations have also demonstrated that they are not quantitatively limited and whether or not they can quantitatively increase or decrease and information.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One last post.

Genes Dev | Mobile

Here is actually a publication on a mutation in which a single chambered heart was morphologically altered into a functional two chambered heart.

In the animal kingdom, fish have two chambered hearts, reptiles have 3 Chambers and we, human beings have 4 Chambers. I would perceive the human body as being more complex than a fishes.

So I would say that this mutation is an example of an increase in complexity.

In evolution, it is understood that we evolved from organisms that had fewer heart Chambers. So to have a mutation demonstrate the possibility of increase heart Chambers, is just a demonstration of the plausibility of us evolving from more "primitive" life, with respect to heart Chambers.

Also I'm not mad, I just tend to talk a lot.

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh and one last thing. The cabbage hybrid is still a genetically unique species. It is observed speciation and it's a quantitative increase in genetic information.

Speciation is observed and I don't think anyone denies this.

Upvote 0

Ohj1n37

May 13, 2018
North Carolina
✟25,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Think about something you're really good at. Now imagine someone who didn't know the first thing about it, walking up and telling you that you were wrong about it. How would you respond?

Yep.

I didn't walk up to you and start telling you that you were wrong. You did that to me and I have tried to treat you with courtesy and respect.

One last post.

Genes Dev | Mobile

Here is actually a publication on a mutation in which a single chambered heart was morphologically altered into a functional two chambered heart.

I was unaware of this case. I do not currently have the expertise to logically refute it. I am curious as to how exactly they define the functionality of the new two chambered heart.

Despite my curiosity I am not sure if I can respond any further. I have bipolar mania and even with my medication my inability to effectively refute the finding of your link has caused me a great deal of sleep loss. This is not good as it can throw me into a manic cycle where I may end up without sleep for several days causing another psychotic break. This has lead me to realize debating controversial topics on the internet is probably something I should not be doing. Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't walk up to you and start telling you that you were wrong. You did that to me and I have tried to treat you with courtesy and respect.

I was unaware of this case. I do not currently have the expertise to logically refute it. I am curious as to how exactly they define the functionality of the new two chambered heart.

Despite my curiosity I am not sure if I can respond any further. I have bipolar mania and even with my medication my inability to effectively refute the finding of your link has caused me a great deal of sleep loss. This is not good as it can throw me into a manic cycle where I may end up without sleep for several days causing another psychotic break. This has lead me to realize debating controversial topics on the internet is probably something I should not be doing. Thank you for your time.

Personal health is always good. Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

_Dave_

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Arizona
✟144,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are a lot of biblical reasons to refute evolution, but the chief one from a secular level is the sheer, astronomical impossibility of evolution happening by chance.

This is an excellent review of Lee Spetner's book, "Not by Chance." It's an easy read, and extremely convicting.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are a lot of biblical reasons to refute evolution, but the chief one from a secular level is the sheer, astronomical impossibility of evolution happening by chance.

Darwin's great discovery was that it isn't by chance. That's why evolution is observed to increase fitness in a population in most cases. Would you like to know why?

This is an excellent review of Lee Spetner's book, "Not by Chance."

If Spetner thinks scientists say it's by chance, he probably shouldn't be writing a book until he learns more about it.

Upvote 0

_Dave_

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Arizona
✟144,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Darwin's great discovery was that it isn't by chance. That's why evolution is observed to increase fitness in a population in most cases. Would you like to know why?

If Spetner thinks scientists say it's by chance, he probably shouldn't be writing a book until he learns more about it.
I'm not going to get into a debate with anyone about creation vs evolution. Those days are past for me.

But I will point out to others that evolution is all about chance. The Darwinian model of survival of the fittest, etc., and even today's neo-Darwinism, is entirely dependent on mutations being successful, and beneficial, and passing on new features -- thus increasing fitness in the population, as you say.

However, Spetner's whole premise is that mutations; which unquestioningly happen by chance, but only extremely rarely result in viable organisms, and most-assuredly not in the numbers required for new genetic information to produce an entirely new species, is a statistical impossibility.

Upvote 0