United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reasons why I treasure the Sign of the Cross include:

1. It reminds me of the priceless gift the Son of God gave to us all. “And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:14-16 RSV)”
  2. There is power in the Cross. “For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. (1 Corinthians 1:22-24 RSV)”
  3. The Church recommends it. “The sign of the cross, on the threshold of the celebration, marks with the imprint of Christ the one who is going to belong to him and signifies the grace of the redemption Christ won for us by his cross. CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH paragraph 1235”
  4. I am not ashamed of Christ who died on the Cross for me. “For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (1 Corinthians 1:18 RSV)”
  5. I am not ashamed of the Gospel in which the Cross was an essential part. “For I am not ashamed of the gospel: it is the power of God for salvation to every one who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. (Romans 1:16 RSV)”
Continued below.