Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those who have read my books (ShaneSchaetzel.Com) know that I was baptized in the Missouri Synod of the Lutheran Church (LCMS). I was raised “Northern Baptist” in the American Baptist Church (ABC). And as a young adult, I spent about eight years in the Calvary Chapel Association. I joined Calvary Chapel in the spring of 1990, and left in the fall of 1997. I then joined with the Anglicans in a local Episcopal Church for about two years, before finally being received into the Catholic Church in the spring of 2000.

In both of my first two books, I glossed over my experience with Calvary Chapel, and that was mainly because it wasn’t really integral to the topic of either book. However, since a new movie is coming out about the life of Calvary Chapel’s founder, Pastor Chuck Smith, I thought now might be a good time to return to this topic for a more detailed explanation of why I left Calvary Chapel.

Before I do that, however, I want to say that I will probably see the movie, as Calvary Chapel was an important part of my youth, I happen to like Kelsey Grammer (the actor who plays the role of Chuck Smith), and to be honest, it looks like a pretty good movie. Here’s the trailer…

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: mourningdove~

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Those who have read my books (ShaneSchaetzel.Com) know that I was baptized in the Missouri Synod of the Lutheran Church (LCMS). I was raised “Northern Baptist” in the American Baptist Church (ABC). And as a young adult, I spent about eight years in the Calvary Chapel Association. I joined Calvary Chapel in the spring of 1990, and left in the fall of 1997. I then joined with the Anglicans in a local Episcopal Church for about two years, before finally being received into the Catholic Church in the spring of 2000.

In both of my first two books, I glossed over my experience with Calvary Chapel, and that was mainly because it wasn’t really integral to the topic of either book. However, since a new movie is coming out about the life of Calvary Chapel’s founder, Pastor Chuck Smith, I thought now might be a good time to return to this topic for a more detailed explanation of why I left Calvary Chapel.

Before I do that, however, I want to say that I will probably see the movie, as Calvary Chapel was an important part of my youth, I happen to like Kelsey Grammer (the actor who plays the role of Chuck Smith), and to be honest, it looks like a pretty good movie. Here’s the trailer…

Continued below.
So who plays the hippie?

Upvote 0