: D

Nov 12, 2015
south coast UK
✟7,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The term 'high altruism' was made up by you.
hey,
where have you being hiding ?

"made up" by me ?
not at all.
anyone who has studied psychology would have come across low altruism and high altruism.

altruism not observed in animals.

talking of "mobbing" this thread suddenly got busy.

I have to say your slurs and accusations are just becoming more comical and absurd.

do you now accept your desperate attacks are completely baseless ?

: (

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟320,114.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
hey,
where have you being hiding ?

"made up" by me ?
not at all.
anyone who has studied psychology would have come across low altruism and high altruism.

altruism not observed in animals.

talking of "mobbing" this thread suddenly got busy.

I have to say your slurs and accusations are just becoming more comical and absurd.

do you now accept your desperate attacks are completely baseless ?

: (

Nope. Did a four year degree in Psychology; there is reciprocal altruism and I vaguely remember the social exchange hypothesis implying that actually altruism does not exist but I don't remember 'high altruism'; in my four year psychology degree.

Unless you can show that you have not made it up one can only conclude that as it is in fact, not mentioned elsewhere and that you in fact made it up to avoid acknowledging that your request from this post has been granted.

Don't forget, I'm on my last legs on this site here, so if I have slurred you or falsely accused you of anything you need only bring it to attention of the mods and I will be gone.

All the best.

Reactions: crjmurray
Upvote 0

Nov 12, 2015
south coast UK
✟7,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope. Did a four year degree in Psychology; there is reciprocal altruism and I vaguely remember the social exchange hypothesis implying that actually altruism does not exist but I don't remember 'high altruism'; in my four year psychology degree.

Unless you can show that you have not made it up one can only conclude that as it is in fact, not mentioned elsewhere and that you in fact made it up to avoid acknowledging that your request from this post has been granted.

Don't forget, I'm on my last legs on this site here, so if I have slurred you or falsely accused you of anything you need only bring it to attention of the mods and I will be gone.

All the best.
ha ha ha ha ha...
are you seriously suggesting reciprocal altruism is as high as our morality goes,
going against all the studies,
all of the psychologists,
all of the evidence,
in fact a small child could understand humans have a higher altruism than any animal.

the last time you made a ridiculous accusation against me I wasted a while day proving you wrong,
not this time.

if you and your chums want to deny documented science then gods speed,

: )

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟111,675.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
ha ha ha ha ha...
are you seriously suggesting reciprocal altruism is as high as our morality goes,

He is suggesting that, since you say "high altruism" is a recognised term amongst psychologists, you might want to give a link to an academic paper where it is used. He says he is skeptical because, not once during his degree course in psychology did he encounter the term. Why don't you demonstrate to him that his skepticism is unjustified - or is that a silly question?

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I meant for those who are confused to look up the word "high",
I think the ones who are confused are those who think that anyone was looking for the definition of the word "high."

and then place the relevant definition in front of altruism,
all very elementary stuff.
Not at all. Which is why folks asked.

if I were to keep it simple (which is probably a good idea) the definition of high altruism is altruism that is beyond the observed norm (eg reciprocal altruism).

I'm sure the usual suspects will suddenly become experts on the subject

XD
What do you mean by "beyond" and "norm"? It implies some sort of measurement of altruism.

Upvote 0

Nov 12, 2015
south coast UK
✟7,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is suggesting that, since you say "high altruism" is a recognised term amongst psychologists, you might want to give a link to an academic paper where it is used. He says he is skeptical because, not once during his degree course in psychology did he encounter the term. Why don't you demonstrate to him that his skepticism is unjustified - or is that a silly question?
first of all your imagination has run away with itself,
altruism is the psychological term,
high is used as a suggestion of greater than the observed standard.

this was posted last week on another thread by me...
" *A few years ago, in his book “What’s So Great About Christianity,” the social and cultural critic Dinesh D’Souza revived this argument. He conceded that evolution can explain our niceness in instances like kindness to kin, where the niceness has a clear genetic payoff, but he drew the line at “high altruism""...

what's that last phrase ?

well well well...

feel silly yet ?
in fact you should feel embarrassed that you backed the wrong horse without any research or thought.

I would love to continue educating and debunking the bile and hate mongers but I have other places to be.

enjoy.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟111,675.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
first of all your imagination has run away with itself,
altruism is the psychological term,
high is used as a suggestion of greater than the observed standard.

Well, what do you know, we have managed to get a definition out of you. Perhaps you should phone up bhstme, and let him know, so that he can question you on it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟320,114.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
the last time you made a ridiculous accusation against me I wasted a while day proving you wrong,
not this time.

Where have you proved me wrong? Post number, please.

in fact a small child could understand humans have a higher altruism than any animal.

Which you have yet to provide evidence for.

Upvote 0

Nov 12, 2015
south coast UK
✟7,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the ones who are confused are those who think that anyone was looking for the definition of the word "high."

Not at all. Which is why folks asked.

What do you mean by "beyond" and "norm"? It implies some sort of measurement of altruism.
ah ha,
beyond the norm, as Im sure you are aware now that you suddenly understand altruism, is compared to animals, which is why humans are classed as having a HIGHER ALTRUISM ,
because of observed behaviour,
but you know all this already,

don't you ?

Upvote 0

Nov 12, 2015
south coast UK
✟7,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, what do you know, we have managed to get a definition out of you. Perhaps you should phone up bhstme, and let him know, so that he can question you on it.
wow,
you just carry on mate like you never got owned,

good job

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.