Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I suppose you could point a telescope at the moon and check for footsteps? Or just look at the moon rocks they brought back.

This kinda strikes me on the same level as asking it was proven the earth is a sphere.

And you know that those rocks are real because why, exactly?

As for footsteps - I've never known a person who could look through a telescope at the moon and see anything other than craters :p

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
That proves that at some point between the 60s and the present they sent some kind of probe or rocket or what have you (you know those little robo things? we have those) up there. It doesn't necessarily mean a person was ever there, which is what I contest :p

Not that I really care either way, because I don't. There's not really any conceivable benefit from the moon mission other than the entirely political "we must beat the Soviets!" :p

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm....I've actually wondered about alot of things regarding space.

Like why don't we put all our trash from landfills on cheap rockets and blast it into the sun? Or why don't we make a giant prison on the moon for convicts? Or why don't we turn the moon into a giant disco ball? Hmm.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
N

Nabobalis

hmmmm....

I will say this, I am not 100% sure we could land and take off from the moon today, much less 50 years ago.

This is just one of those things I wish it would be proven once and for all. There has been so much political refuse mixed in with pure science in the last 30 years.

How would you liked it proved? The footage on the moon? The fact that there is a mirror on the moon that allows people to bounce a laser beam off it to measure the distance?

Upvote 0
N

Nabobalis

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Main thing is all the evidence showing we have gone to the moon.

Like...?

On the Soviet issue, if the USA never went to the moon you can bet the Soviets would of exposed it.

That's assuming the Soviets weren't posturing just as much as we were. If they were doing the same thing, they couldn't and wouldn't expose it for fear of being exposed themselves.

Upvote 0
N

Nabobalis

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟20,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How would you liked it proved? The footage on the moon? The fact that there is a mirror on the moon that allows people to bounce a laser beam off it to measure the distance?

I want another landing. It aint like we are doing anything else very useful in space with all that money.

Upvote 0
N

Nabobalis

I want another landing. It aint like we are doing anything else very useful in space with all that money.

They did several landing back during the space program. NASA is very poor, it had difficulty funding a replacement for the Hubble telescope. We can't even get a manned mission to Mars. We won't be going back until the USA decides to fund NASA properly and NASA come up with a new system for getting into space. Personallty, I'd love to see a moon base with a wide range of telescopes hosted there.

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
The videos on the moon.

Could have easily been staged.

The photographs taken on the moon.

Also could have been staged.

The moon rocks they brought back.

How do we know they are actual moon rocks? Because the Propaganda Powers That Be said so?

The photographs of the landing sites.

Again: could have been staged.

But I guess you won't accept anything until you go there yourself.

Safest way to verify the truth of a thing is by personal witness :)

Upvote 0
N

Nabobalis

Could have easily been staged.

Also could have been staged.

How do we know they are actual moon rocks? Because the Propaganda Powers That Be said so?

Again: could have been staged.

Safest way to verify the truth of a thing is by personal witness :)

So you don't believe in anything unless you've seen it yourself?

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
So you don't believe in anything unless you've seen it yourself?

I didn't say that. Trusted, credible sources and cold hard proof are sufficient. I was merely making the point that self-verification is often the best way to find the truth of a matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.