Why Genesis Matters. How to defend the book of Genesis.

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you can disprove the book of Genesis you can disprove the entire Bible and that is what is going on these days...

Yes, Genesis matters, but this argument is as to the 'way' in which it matters is essentially bogus. It's a Slippery Slope argument that can't bear itself out in the final analysis.

So, take a bit more confidence in the substance of the faith. It's not dependent upon Genesis.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can tell how much faith someone has by if they don't accept Genesis.

That's not true. What you can tell is if someone's faith depends on inerrancy.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
That's not true. What you can tell is if someone's faith depends on inerrancy.
I agree if you meant it as you stated it. Inerrancy is not one of the cardinal doctrines.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree if you meant it as you stated it. Inerrancy is not one of the cardinal doctrines.

Yeah, I don't think faith depends on believing the scriptures are inerrant. I have faith and don't believe the scriptures are inerrant. Am I deluded and lucky, or does faith not depend on inerrancy? I am confident it is the latter, but I'm enough of a fallibilist to not care either way. My experience is all I have.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Removed since this isn't a debate board.

I will say this:

Anyone who claims you have to take the creation stories in Genesis literally to be a Christian is lying to you. This has never been the position of the Christian Church, not two thousand years ago and not today.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Some false brethren on this thread. How can Christian understand the bible, without reading genesis, the beginning. False brethren serve belial. Children of light teach sound doctrine.
False brethren teach apple caused a sin. This is lie !.
The tree of knowledge of good and evil is satan. In garden of eden, eve was beguiled by the serpent. Genesis chapter 3 and Corinthians chapter 11 to document. NAGA in Hebrew means = touch, reach. Eve had sexual relations with satan. Eve had twins. Two different fathers. Adam and eve covered themselves with fig leaves.
False brethren are under influence of satan. In second samuel, Sheba instigated a division between ten tribes of Israel and judah. Sheba name means = son of Belial. Satan will use wicked individuals to wreak havoc. David was at vulnerable mental state. Joab, who was loyal, helped David. AMASA was traitor, and deceived David. Several sons of belial. God did help David and it worked out in the end.
Their will be son/daughter of belial, who go to threads, and try to cause divisions. Get the picture. Have nothing to do with false brethren.
Don't argue or debate with them. Ignore them. Peace

Upvote 0