Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Does ANY Catholic accept the Catholic faith in its entirety , that is a faith based primarily on the person of Jesus Christ and ALL he taught ?

I'd like to think that I do and if I have deviated somehow I'm open to correction.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've long maintained that if I were to ever leave Catholicism I'd leave this Christianity thing all together. There's nothing there for me.

That said, I've seen how horribly you've been treated on the boards lately and all I can say is, "I'm sorry".

Yeah, I feel bad for Fantine too. And I think that Catholicism will more than likely be the only way I will return to Christianity. But I would still be considered progressive. ;)

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I have never felt as if I have been treated badly by members of TLT. I love all you open, vulnerable, emotionally healthy people.
Thanks Fantine. I guess what I offer this group is sanity. By that I mean, that after they've read a number of my posts, they think to themselves "well, at least I'm not as wacko tobacco as bettercallpaul." I actually contribute to everyone's self-esteem in the end. :)

Upvote 0

Hamlet7768

World's Second-Worst Polemicist
Nov 2, 2013
United States of America
✟22,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nice one, Paul.

I, myself, do consider myself to hold all the tenets of the Catholic Faith. But I'm starting to tend more towards the liberal end of the political spectrum, or more like distributism. I don't like how the Republican Party took the Catholics in with the abortion issue and then spits on the poor. It's not really a solution to the problem, but the closest thing to a solution I have found is in places like Mary's Houses and the Gabriel Project.

That's not too related. Now that I think about it, I am kinda conservative liturgically. Turn the priest back around!

• Agree
Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0