Why don't more creationists think like Todd Wood?

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Oh gee, you wouldn't break a promise like that, would you?

Not at all, consider it done.....

I passed my physics exams. How about you? I don’t think you can have taken a science class in your life, and understood what was being said.
Says the person that never presents any of the science he claims to understand.... your lack of ability to present any shows your claims as the fruitless garbage they are....

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Says the person that never presents any of the science he claims to understand.... your lack of ability to present any shows your claims as the fruitless garbage they are....

Oh yes, and exactly what science education have you had? You might be able to lie to me, but not to yourself.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Oh yes, and exactly what science education have you had? You might be able to lie to me, but not to yourself.

I.ve read the same books every graduate has read..... what knowledge did they gain from those books anyone else reading them can not gain???? Oh, that's right, minus the indoctrination....

But lest promises go un-kept......

Consider it done.....

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I.ve read the same books every graduate has read.....

Except you sure as hell aren’t a physics graduate, and probably not a graduate at all. I cannot imagine many graduates pretending to a knowledge they do not have in the way that you do.

Anyway, you will doubtless know how a field distributed over an abelian group is relevant to quantum mechanics.

• Winner
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Except you sure as hell aren’t a physics graduate, and probably not a graduate at all. I cannot imagine many graduates pretending to a knowledge they do not have in the way that you do.

Anyway, you will doubtless know how a field distributed over an abelian group is relevant to quantum mechanics.

You have yet to present one single peice of actual science in any of your posts to show anything I said was wrong. Just the same unsupported claims as always.....

And that's Abelian "symmetry" groups btw....

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You have yet to present one single peice of actual science in any of your posts to show anything I said was wrong. Just the same unsupported claims as always.....

And that's Abelian "symmetry" groups btw....

No, just abelian groups, or, more precisely, a field distributed over an abelian group. Don’t bother googling it; I used less common terminology so that you wouldn’t be able to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
No, just abelian groups, or, more precisely, a field distributed over an abelian group.

Which deal with symmetries......

I'd say both of us understand it much less than the experts, which is not at all.....

Quantum mechanics - Wikiquote

Even the quantum engineers know the truth about it....

"I hesitated to think it might be wrong, but I knew that it was rotten. That is to say, one has to find some decent way of expressing whatever truth there is in it.
  • John S. Bell, quoted in Jeremy Bernstein, Quantum Profiles (1991), John Stewart Bell: Quantum Engineer
The entire universe must, on a very accurate level, be regarded as a single indivisible unit in which separate parts appear as idealisations permissible only on a classical level of accuracy of description. This means that the view of the world being analogous to a huge machine, the predominant view from the sixteenth to nineteenth centuries, is now shown to be only approximately correct. The underlying structure of matter, however, is not mechanical. This means that the term "quantum mechanics" is very much a misnomer. It should, perhaps, be called "quantum nonmechanics".
  • David Bohm, Quantum Theory (1951)

But then if you accept it as truth, then you must give up your belief that we can predict a unique past event, therefore surrender your fabled Big Bang.

Quantum mechanics is clearly superior to classical mechanics for the description of microscopic phenomena, and in principle works equally well for macroscopic phenomena. Hence it is at least plausible that the mathematical and logical structure of quantum mechanics better reflect physical reality than do their classical counter parts. If this reasoning is accepted, quantum theory requires various changes in our view of physical reality relative to what was widely accepted before the quantum era, among them the following:

1. Physical objects never possess a completely precise position or momentum.
2. The fundamental dynamical laws of physics are stochastic and not deterministic, so from the present state of the world one cannot infer a unique future (or past) course of events.
3. The principle of unicity does not hold: there is not a unique exhaustive description of a physical system or a physical process. Instead, reality is such that it can be described in various alternative, incompatible ways, using descriptions which cannot be combined or compared.

So for every description you use, an alternative incompatible way is just as valid....

So let us discuss your views of quantum mechanics and what you believe to be reality..... this should be an entertaining pastime as you attempt to uphold your views which can not be upheld as no single deterministic viewpoint (future or past) is valid....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Which deal with symmetries......

No they don’t; that is just one application physicists have for them, and it is not the one I was referring to.

I'd say both of us understand it much less than the experts, which is not at all.....

Ooh, I would say I have a reasonable understanding of the mathematics underlying quantum mechanics, even if it is a long time since I have had any use for it.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Ooh, I would say I have a reasonable understanding of the mathematics underlying quantum mechanics, even if it is a long time since I have had any use for it.

Then you should understand why this is important...

Bremsstrahlung - Wikipedia

"An analysis of the doubly differential cross section above shows that electrons whose kinetic energy is larger than the rest energy (511 keV) emit photons in forward direction while electrons with a small energy emit photons isotropically."

if you don't then there is no need to discuss quantum mechanics with you.....

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I.ve read the same books every graduate has read..... what knowledge did they gain from those books anyone else reading them can not gain???? Oh, that's right, minus the indoctrination....

But lest promises go un-kept......

Consider it done.....

And herein lies the problem - reading books that people with relevant backgrounds have read does not guarantee that one will come away with a real understanding.
Even creationist lawyer Phil Johnson admits that not having a background in a particular field makes one a layman in that field - of course, that did not stop him from writing a book about "Darwinism" filled with errors and such. Johnson also felt that since he was an outsider that he, too, would be 'indoctrination' free - of course, he ignored his own indoctrination , and fell to the 'outsider fallacy' and just made a fool of himself.

That is usually what happens when someone convinces himself that he can understand things better as an outsider than an insider does. Such folk make fools of themselves, such as when someone with no real understanding of genetics thinks that mutations are just 'rewriting things that are already there in a different order', or that a book written by a guy researching his family history called 'The Genetic Strand' proves that the term 'genetic strand' is a real science term.

Things like that - only the imaginations of the mind...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
And herein lies the problem - reading books that people with relevant backgrounds have read does not guarantee that one will come away with a real understanding.

Can you imagine him reading a book like "Quantum Mechanics in Hilbert Space," and having a clue what he was reading? It boggles my mind somehow.

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Can you imagine him reading a book like "Quantum Mechanics in Hilbert Space," and having a clue what he was reading? It boggles my mind somehow.
Heck, I have read some books in my own field that have sections that I have a hard time understanding without further study. It is a strange sort of egotism or something that makes one think that they can just read (skim) a couple of books on a subject, and despite having no relevant background or experience related to that subject, fancy themselves not just conversant in the subject, but an expert.

Many such folk also seem to tend to have similar backgrounds - engineering, law, tech-related. Many years ago, I actually read a post on a creation forum written by a mechanical engineer claiming that 'all of biology' was just a 'weekend of reading' for him. He then went on to misrepresent basic genetics.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0