Why doesn't my church do healing?

Mar 23, 2011
✟15,189.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The "gift" of healing, we are not actually seeing much of that in the U.S. anymore. Many third world countries do though and I think it has something to do with the lack of resources.

Here and in other developed countries, we are not all that "dependent" on G-d to move on our behalf. We first go to people, doctors, friends etc. to "help" us. It's at a moment of desparation, when all else has failed, have we reach such a place of humility that we comprehend, heart and mind, that which only G-d can do.

Most often people in developed countries have an "entitlement" attitude towards each other, doctors and G-d. Not really a very humble position. (see II Chronicles 7:14,15). The conditions to be met for healing.

In underdeveloped countries, there is that desparation present, a knowing that "only" G-d can change their situation. When this is met with person's of faith, believing G-d will hear, well...G-d moves.

Then, there are times when it seems we have humbled ourselves, repented, sought the face of God and turned to Him, rather than the things of the world and yet...no healing occurs. In His infinite wisdom, G-d decides. You and I must trust whatever that decision ends up being.

Blessings

Upvote 0

kimmiemae

follower of Yeshua
Mar 26, 2011
✟9,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God still heals, but faith moves the healing. I have been healed of 2 autoimmune diseases, migraine headaches, pms, one leg lengthened (amazing), heart problems 180bpm, and a host of minor ailments. I am on NO PRESCRIPTIONS. Amen and thanks to Jesus for my healing!!!

There were times I was on rx meds, and I am glad that I had access to them. They were detrimental to my health in the long term.

We have valued doctors orders higher than The Great Physician in this country. Remember James 5:13-16. Confession of sin is what helped me get free of so many ailments. There are usually spiritual roots to many of our illnesses.

Sometimes it is preached in churches that we are SINNERS, but the sin is never specific. We need our toes stepped on, we need to be constantly reminded of what sin is exactly. I cannot just ask God to forgive my sin and not name it. I would never get free from the power of that sin otherwise. We must be wise as serpents and innocent like a dove. Satan is a religious spirit and is a legalistic guru standing at the throne accusing the brethren. It is time to get specific so we can cut him off from attacking, tormenting and accusing us. Amen?

Upvote 0

papaJP

Prophet
Nov 15, 2010
Kerrville, Texas
✟15,783.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi guys, do I have to go to a special church to do healing? I have never seen it done
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do not expect any church to do healings? God through His people filled with the Holy Spirit are given the gift of healings. Many churches are led by those who do not believe in miracles or healing today. The majority of pastors and priest either do not believe or are afraid of allowing the Holy Spirit to have control. As an ordained pastor I do not rely on my education or any worldly credentials. As a spirit filled believer I have been allowed by God to be used and be a part of over 15 miracle healings in the last 20 years.

You have to have faith and true belief. Do not question why or seek on your own power to heal. All healing I have expereinced is when I have followed God and He usually tells me when I can expect a healing.

I expect healing and miracles at all times but since God is in control I make sure I am following Him and not trying to get Him to follow my desires.

Their seem to be fewer and fewer who truly believe. Pray for God to lead you and thank Him in all things.

Upvote 0

kimmiemae

follower of Yeshua
Mar 26, 2011
✟9,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do not expect any church to do healings? God through His people filled with the Holy Spirit are given the gift of healings. Many churches are led by those who do not believe in miracles or healing today. The majority of pastors and priest either do not believe or are afraid of allowing the Holy Spirit to have control. As an ordained pastor I do not rely on my education or any worldly credentials. As a spirit filled believer I have been allowed by God to be used and be a part of over 15 miracle healings in the last 20 years.

You have to have faith and true belief. Do not question why or seek on your own power to heal. All healing I have expereinced is when I have followed God and He usually tells me when I can expect a healing.

I expect healing and miracles at all times but since God is in control I make sure I am following Him and not trying to get Him to follow my desires.

Their seem to be fewer and fewer who truly believe. Pray for God to lead you and thank Him in all things.

AMEN AMEN AMEN. This is the best way to handle healings in my opinion. It helps keep us humble. I have the same attitude.

Thanks for expressing this.
Kimmiemae

Upvote 0

jamn4God

Apr 13, 2011
✟7,614.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus told ALL His disciples to go heal the sick that are in the city you enter. He never said there was a gift for healing. He then said, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." If you believe God's word is hte ultimate truth, then you should be healing the sick. Check out Todd White on YouTube. I have many friends on Facebook who are getting great results healing the sick wherever they are. When churches do this only inside the four walls of the building it's like committing spiritual incest, always ministering to themselves and never going out. Remember God sent Jesus to save the lost, not to create a members only club.
Check out revivalorriots dot org/jglm-dht it will change your life forever. It's 19 parts but worth every second.
You can find me at facebook dot com/jamn4god

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kimmiemae

follower of Yeshua
Mar 26, 2011
✟9,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus told ALL His disciples to go heal the sick that are in the city you enter. He never said there was a gift for healing. He then said, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." If you believe God's word is hte ultimate truth, then you should be healing the sick. Check out Todd White on YouTube. I have many friends on Facebook who are getting great results healing the sick wherever they are. When churches do this only inside the four walls of the building it's like committing spiritual incest, always ministering to themselves and never going out. Remember God sent Jesus to save the lost, not to create a members only club.
Check out revivalorriots dot org/jglm-dht it will change your life forever. It's 19 parts but worth every second.
You can find me at facebook dot com/jamn4god

Todd White really LOVES people. I think that Godly compassion is a big component in the healing ministry.

Upvote 0

djsterf

Passionately in Love with the Savior
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2007
Visit site
✟48,466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's biblical to pray for healing! James 5 discusses healings within a local assembly of believers, and Mark 16 discusses the believer's ability to heal, all in the authority and power of Jesus. We've seen some really cool things by just being obedient to those passages -- you're missing out if you neglect it!

Upvote 0

ffinder

Burned but alive!!
Dec 7, 2003
Europe
Visit site
✟363.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys, do I have to go to a special church to do healing? I have never seen it done

Anyone can heal the sick,
you can do it too.
if you have Jesus in your heart
just pray in faith
and God will heal people through you

Jesus said "only believe"

Here's an ordinary guy here in the US
that prays for people for all kinds
of sicknesses and diseases:

YouTube - Watch close this is real

****​

YouTube - Blindness healed in Jesus name

****​

YouTube - 16 rods in her back

ff

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The commission that Jesus gave to His disciples, and the 72 He sent out (thereby giving the model for the Church) was "Preach the Gospel, Heal the Sick, Cast out Demons."

Any church that does not do that is disobeying the command of Jesus, and therefore is no friend of His, no matter how accurate its theology is in other areas.

James tells us that if anyone is sick let him call for the elders of the church who will lay hands on the sick person and anoint him with oil, and the Lord will raise him up.

If a church does not do this, they are again ignoring stated principles of Scripture, and therefore cannot expect the Holy Spirit to do anything else but to bypass them.

Look at the churches that are either static or declining. You will see that they don't do much to preach the Gospel, heal the sick, or cast out demons. They exist only for their members and their ministry consists of a few hymns, a reading and a moralistic homily they call preaching. These churches are pretty well irrelevant to the community around them.

"Why do you call Me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things I say?" is the word for those churches.

Upvote 0