Why doesn't God do what it would take to get atheists to believe he exists?

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I will give you a short version:
If you gain knowledge, it only encourages you to be even more self-reliant, knowledge is power so it tends to “puff the person up”, which is the opposite of being humble. Humility is what we need since we are being asked by God to accept His charity. While trusting in a benevolent Creator is something the lowliest mature adult on earth can do, so faith (trust) is a humbling experience and humility is what we need to humbly accept charity.

Did you ever think maybe he.does not want to kill people. The point of most aithiest is I cant believe without proof and I will accept no proof other than physical evidance. To give you thathe would need to bring you before him. To do that without faith in Jesus would kill you because he is a consuming fire. Christians aproach him in jesus.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟825,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did you ever think maybe he.does not want to kill people. The point of most aithiest is I cant believe without proof and I will accept no proof other than physical evidance. To give you thathe would need to bring you before him. To do that without faith in Jesus would kill you because he is a consuming fire. Christians aproach him in jesus.

A huge hand could write on the moon every day: "I exist" and people could have knowledge of his existance that way.

Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A huge hand could write on the moon every day: "I exist" and people could have knowledge of his existance that way.

No we would say it was aliens or mass hystaria someone pulling a prank. Knowing he exist without submitting to the obvious reprecusions of said knowledge drives people deeper into darkness. He loves you...if you reject him there is no loving reason to make your life any harder.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

a) God doesn't want atheists to believe he exists
b) God isn't capable of doing what it would take to get atheists to believe he exists
c) God doesn't know what it would take to get each atheist to believe he exists

D. God has brought into finite existence (from a state of nothingness) a complete Universe that has highly personal, vastly intelligent, and enormous specified complexity by way of deliberate information as found in the DNA molecule.....has provided you with a human anatomy having some 60 major anatomical systems working in collaboration , has given you a Soul that consists of a non material Mind/Will/Emotions/Abtract thinking, etc.... and you complain that 'God hasn't given you enough evidence to believe in a personal theistic Creator ' .

Is there any chance 'atheism' is a willful charade game that people play so they can remain distanced from God due to pride, arrogance and rebellion to partake in lifestyles of ones choosing whether moral or not ?

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟825,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No we would say it was aliens or mass hystaria someone pulling a prank. Knowing he exist without submitting to the obvious reprecusions of said knowledge drives people deeper into darkness. He loves you...if you reject him there is no loving reason to make your life any harder.

Wow you would really have to have a wopping faith to belief "Aliens did it as a foke for thousands of years?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
D. God has brought into finite existence (from a state of nothingness) a complete Universe that has highly personal, vastly intelligent, and enormous specified complexity by way of deliberate information as found in the DNA molecule.....has provided you with a human anatomy having some 60 major anatomical systems working in collaboration , has given you a Soul that consists of a non material Mind/Will/Emotions/Abtract thinking, etc.... and you complain that 'God hasn't given you enough evidence to believe in a personal theistic Creator ' .

Is there any chance 'atheism' is a willful charade game that people play so they can remain distanced from God due to pride, arrogance and rebellion to partake in lifestyles of ones choosing whether moral or not ?

Sounds like projection.

Upvote 0

Angelquill

Bard of Angels
Jul 20, 2014
Following a Jewish carpenter...
✟2,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Given the facts that "TheyCallMeDavid" has shown, as well as the fact of the changes that knowing God has brought about in him, to continue to say that there is no "evidence", when this one person is evidence in himself, is ludicrous.

And that's just one changed life.

Methinks thou dost protest too much....

Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Wow you would really have to have a wopping faith to belief "Aliens did it as a foke for thousands of years?

That is not my faith..I know the Lord my point is that those who dont believe would not accept a sign....Jesus said in his parable if they will not believe Moses and the prophets they will not believe even if one were to raise from the dead...get where hes going there

Upvote 0

MoneyGuy

May 27, 2007
✟48,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

b) God isn't capable of doing what it would take to get atheists to believe he exists

None of the above.

Free will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like projection.

Can you think of another reason why an 'Atheist' wouldn't want to publicly admit that a personal Theistic Creator is required for our personal, intelligent , information-laden Universe other than not wanting to have him as an authority in Ones life ? The excuse of 'I just don't see any scientific evidence' just doesn't cut it anymore except for the Fool Hearty.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
TheyCallMeDavid,

re: "D. God has brought into finite existence (from a state of nothingness) a complete Universe..."

Any thoughts on when this may have taken place?

Yes ; quite some time ago which was revealed to the writer of Genesis and is now revealed to modern science just based on the leftover effects from the personal creation event (sufficient scientific evidences that don't even require the opening of any religious book to know that a personal intelligent infinite theistic Creator was absolutely necessary) .

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

d) God isn't going to force anyone to believe, which is what it would take to make everyone believe.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can you think of another reason why an 'Atheist' wouldn't want to publicly admit that a personal Theistic Creator is required for our personal, intelligent , information-laden Universe other than not wanting to have him as an authority in Ones life ? The excuse of 'I just don't see any scientific evidence' just doesn't cut it anymore except for the Fool Hearty.

Saying it just doesn't cut it anymore, may make you personally feel better about your belief, but those who chose not to believe something, for lack of evidence or evidence to the contrary, is usually something they can't ignore, if they like to be honest with themselves.

So, you go ahead and call it fool hearty, if it makes you feel better.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Given the facts that "TheyCallMeDavid" has shown, as well as the fact of the changes that knowing God has brought about in him, to continue to say that there is no "evidence", when this one person is evidence in himself, is ludicrous.

And that's just one changed life.

Methinks thou dost protest too much....

Which facts, were you referring to?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Saying it just doesn't cut it anymore, may make you personally feel better about your belief, but those who chose not to believe something, for lack of evidence or evidence to the contrary, is usually something they can't ignore, if they like to be honest with themselves.

So, you go ahead and call it fool hearty, if it makes you feel better.

I don't say things 'to make me feel better' ; I feel just fine about myself because I know who I am in Christ, why I believe , and where im going after this brief life is over . But I see nothing wrong with critically examining someones pronouncements about what they do or don't believe in .

If its not for lack of scientific evidence that one desires to be an atheist (as ive had a few atheists tell me)...then what ARE the reasons if I may ask you please ? If you believe the answers vary greatly among professed Atheists, then please list the answers for yourself . Also, would you agree with what the Bible reports about the reasons professed Atheists need to maintain their status quo ? Thanks.

Upvote 0

gord44

Nov 4, 2004
✟27,716.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If its not for lack of scientific evidence that one desires to be an atheist (as ive had a few atheists tell me)...then what ARE the reasons if I may ask you please ? If you believe the answers vary greatly among professed Atheists, then please list the answers for yourself . Thanks.

Perhaps they have not been drawn to the Lord? Would it not make sense if one is spiritually dead they would make sense out of the universe however they could? The only reason any of us know God is through his actions alone.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps they have not been drawn to the Lord? Would it not make sense if one is spiritually dead they would make sense out of the universe however they could? The only reason any of us know God is through his actions alone.

I don't agree that The Lord isn't drawing people ; in fact the Bible says he is. He wishes everyone to know him and has given very plain evidence thru creation of his existence, sustaining power, and infinite nature but it requires a Person to open their eyes a tad . The common retort from the Atheist Community is that they don't see the link between the personal / intelligent effects we ALL experience as our reality and the necessity of a Personal Intelligent Source for them .... and yet a good many professed Atheists say they would believe in God 'if there were just some good evidence to believe so' . Ive had a couple professed Atheists admit that the reason they are Atheists ISNT because of a lack of scientific evidence yet they dont explain what their rational reason is for maintaining their atheist position.

I do believe God quickens the heart and mind of those who are willing to at least consider God as personal theistic Creator . So perhaps a better question is : Why wouldn't a professed Atheist move in the direction of true sincere investigation and instead choose to veto doing so (?) . Put another way : What would be the motives / desires for one not being interested in THE most important issue for mankind , for, what could be bigger and have greater ramifications that God existing or not (?) .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

What you are really referring to, are differences in psychological need.

Upvote 0