Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We don't act like other apes for the reason that Astridhere said - we have larger brains and language skills which give us our sentiance. That's not to say we're completely different though.
What do larger brains have to do with it?

Why can't larger brains mean we should be able to map the jungle, or grow our own banana trees?

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
What do larger brains have to do with it?

Why can't larger brains mean we should be able to map the jungle, or grow our own banana trees?
Err... we do map the jungle and grow our own banana trees.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We don't act like other apes for the reason that Astridhere said - we have larger brains and language skills which give us our sentiance. That's not to say we're completely different though.
Chimpanzees, unlike their close relatives the Bonobo); do much of what we do in their societies: Murder, rape, gangs, bullying, etc. It seems that we have not lost these traits: Killer chimps fuel debate on how war began

Also Jane Goodal who is a family friend has told me about the many similarities between human and chimp societies:

Jane Goodall Chimpanzees and War - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Chimpanzees, unlike their close relatives the Bonobo); do much of what we do in their societies: Murder, rape, gangs, bullying, etc. It seems that we have not lost these traits: Killer chimps fuel debate on how war began

Also Jane Goodal who is a family friend has told me about the many similarities between human and chimp societies:

Jane Goodall Chimpanzees and War - YouTube
So does she not know the difference between an ape and her husband? Or does she just not like man kind?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So does she not know the difference between an ape and her husband? Or does she just not like man kind?

There is no difference. You, I, Goodall's husband, and everyone are all technically apes. The facts don't care whether you take offense to it or not, they are just facts.

Upvote 0
N

No Time

Humans are Apes...

Then why don't we act like it?
We do, does the hair stand up on the back of your neck when you are afraid? does your heart pump more blood around your body when you are in danger? do your senses become more acute when you are in danger? can you jump higher and run faster when you are in danger? when we are cold our bodies automatically shake to try and keep us warm, when we are hot we automatically sweat.
Under normal circumstances we can almost convince ourselves that we are not animals but when we are in danger our animal instincts kick in automatically.

Make no mistake we are not as good as we once were, most of us are fat from easy living, bushmen in the Kalahari desert can still walk and run in searing temperatures 30 miles a day in the search of food and think nothing of it, no doubt they would rather call into a supermarket but they don't have easy access to many where they live.

You, me and every other human on this planet are animals and our "Kind" is the Ape "Kind", don't like that fact?
well guess whose problem that is?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We do, does the hair stand up on the back of your neck when you are afraid? does your heart pump more blood around your body when you are in danger? do your senses become more acute when you are in danger? can you jump higher and run faster when you are in danger? when we are cold our bodies automatically shake to try and keep us warm, when we are hot we automatically sweat.
Ya -- and when I step off a cliff, I fall; that doesn't make me a rock.
Under normal circumstances we can almost convince ourselves that we are not animals but when we are in danger our animal instincts kick in automatically.
Who says these are 'animal instincts'?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
N

No Time

Who says these are 'animal instincts'?
Father Christmas, who do you think? and another thing, just like the other apes we all die.

If that fact is not to your liking may I suggest you get yourself a God who can make all of these unwanted facts simply go away? there are Gods out there that allow you to disregard anything that upsets you while you are alive, there are even Gods that cover what happens to you when you're dead, they don't come cheap mind, either way good luck.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
No I'll say for about the 10th time to you. The difference between man and ape (that incluces chimps for your information) do not have sophisticated speech and high reasoning ability.

I can find differences between all ape species, but that doesn't stop them from being apes. Species are grouped by their SHARED characteristics, not differences.

The best you have been able to offer as a refute is to ignore my reply,

It is not a refutation. Since Linnaeus (who happened to be a creationist), species have been grouped by shared characteristics. In fact, Linnaeus even considered putting humans and chimps in the same genus.

take joy over offering woffly criticisms, never refute this difference, nor do you ever address the evidence I present.

Finding differences between ape species does not stop them from being apes just as the differences between chihuahuas and great danes does not prevent them from being dogs.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
I call it an abuse of evidence to fit a fantasy.

The theory predicted that we should find intermediates, and then we found them. How is that a fantasy?

He was always innocent.

How did you determine that? Through evidence?

You guys like to claim you have evidence for this and evidence for that but still end up being wrong about this and that.

No, we aren't. ERV's are still smoking gun evidence of shared ancestry.

Only in science can you have evidence to support a wrong idea. And then you come on this forum expecting people to take you seriously.

How do you determine that an idea is wrong?

When you guys can make the distinction between real evidence and real garbage then you guys will be taken seriously.

You have already shown that there is no fossil that you would accept as supporting evolution. Perhaps it is time to take a closer look at your state of denial.

What position? When it comes to big bang theory your position is always shifting.
There you go with that "tons of evidence" garbage again. Is it the same "tons of evidence" that condemned that innocent man to death?

We could start with cosmic microwave background. This was predicted years ago, and now those predicts have been supported in spades. In the graph below is the BB predicted black body spectrum of the CMB, and the data points are the measured spectrum of the CMB. As you can see, they overlap quite nicely:

cmb_cobe_spectrum.gif

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.