Why does the Catholic Church not ordain women?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Catholic Church does not ordain women for three reasons. First, it is strictly prohibited in Sacred Scripture. Second, it is strictly prohibited in Apostolic Tradition. Third, it is a distortion of the ministry of Jesus Christ.

First, Sacred Scripture forbids the ordination of women to any clerical state. The clerical offices of the Church are threefold: deacon, presbyter (priest) and bishop. In every case, along with many other qualifications, the Scriptures state that the candidate must be a man, and if he is married, he can only be the husband of one wife. (1st Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9) The Bible only recognizes two genders: biological male and biological female. Likewise, the Bible makes it very clear that marriage can only be between a biological male and a biological female. So if the Scriptures dictate that one prerequisite for the clerical state is to be the “husband” (biological male) of one wife (biological female), it’s pretty plain to see the Scriptures insist on biological males for the clergy. That, and the fact that the Scriptures refer to such candidates as men and always use male pronouns.

St Paul isn’t the least bit shy about this. He insists, in no uncertain terms, that women cannot hold any positions of authority in the Church – ever. (1st Corinthians 14:34) He makes no exception about this. “I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet woman will be saved through bearing children, if she continues in faith and love and holiness, with modesty.” – (1st Timothy 2:12-15)

Continued below.

Reactions: WarriorAngel

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This article and the arguments used also extend to other crises in the "synodal" (this being attempted) Church of today. As the Father sent the Son, so the Incarnate Son the God-man Jesus the Christ sends the Church empowered by the Spirit of the Father and the Son. As the Son can do or say nothing except what He hears from the Father, so the Church can do or say nothing except what she receives from the Son Jesus. Thus the Church, the Bride, "woman" can do nothing except to follow and live obediently to the Son Jesus, the Head. Thus the Church cannot be a democracy, choosing her own "Head." Authority must come from the Top - Father to the Son to those sent by the Son in HIs place (the clergy) over the Church His Bride. The Hierarchy is essential to Christianity. Obedience to His will is essential.

Thus true theology must - must - "develop" only in better obedience to what has been received from God, in great precision and clarity and fullness. "Pastoral" factors introduced to theology cannot bend or change Truth. Doctrine cannot be moderated by social or cultural or fashionable priorities; these can only inform the methods of presentation - matters of prudence - doctrine cannot change. The Church cannot teach God; the Church can only listen, hear, learn and follow the Bridegroom, the Son.

The Deposit of the Faith is the treasure gained through history, to be remembered and guarded against the evil one who to this day has never ceased seeking to deceive the woman, the Bride, the Church: "Did God say 'Don't ....?
"But the serpent said to the woman, 'You will not die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
Same lie today in the Church: Wake up! Get woke! Be God unto yourself! Form your awakened theology, your doctrine, re-form it to the "insights" of your own minds and hearts! Love is love. Your truth is Truth. Talk and talk together, share your life experiences, and together rewrite a Doctrine for Today.
These are very, very dark times. Pray, brothers and sisters. Pray. Listen to God. Listen to Him, believe, and live.

Upvote 0
Dec 22, 2010
✟9,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Please familiarize yourself with the rules of the Catholic forum. You are not allowed to debate or usurp our faith and practices here. The magisterium just spoke on this topic.
Sorry I deleted it!

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yet woman will be saved through bearing children, if she continues in faith and love and holiness, with modesty
The way I see it, St Paul infers men are saved by teaching.. and women by giving birth for mankind.
2 distinct but important purposes.
But St Paul could not suggest these are the only ways to be saved.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
1 Corinthians 11:3 says, “But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.”

If the head of the woman is man, then I don't see how a woman could be a priest.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0