Why does Matthew 22:30 cause me SO MUCH PAIN?

Jonathan Dahlin

Nov 10, 2020
Fairmont
✟14,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In heaven there is no need for marriage because God Himself will be your fulfillment. In this life, “man should not be alone” and therefore has to be completed by a wife. In heaven, God will complete you.
But God is not female. Only a female can complete a man. Only a male can complete a woman.
Why didn't God complete Adam then? What would have happened if the fall of sin did not occur?
In Heaven, will we get to see that "what if" worlds? Will we get to travel to the "would have been" or "could have been" worlds?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Dahlin

Nov 10, 2020
Fairmont
✟14,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In this life — I wrote, man must be completed by woman. In heaven, human companionship gives way to a more IMMEDIATE relationship with God. God, after all, is LOVE and is the fulfillment of human exustence.
God does not replace a woman.
Why did Adam need to be completed by a woman? Why didn't God just complete him? You didn't answer that.
If only the fall of sin had not occurred, romantic relationships with the opposite gender may be eternal. Then we wouldn't be filled merely by God.

Upvote 0

Ayel Lee

Jul 30, 2022
Biñan
✟22,211.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am explaining why there is no marriage in heaven. You are speculating.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟208,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
In this life — I wrote, man must be completed by woman. In heaven, human companionship gives way to a more IMMEDIATE relationship with God. God, after all, is LOVE and is the fulfillment of human exustence.

God was with Adam, God saw that as not good for Adam to only have God as companionship.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟205,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm married and it has gives and takes and ups and downs. While I figure that anything is better than being alone, some who are divorced would argue otherwise. I guess what I'm trying to say is more often that, the things I've hoped for never turned out to be as I'd hoped, and many times the things I feared didn't turn out so bad after all.

Anyway, what interests me is that scripture says we can get this white stone that has a name written underneath it that only God and the individual to whom the stone is given will know. Have faith because everyone is special to God with their own special gifts He has bestowed upon them, and don't be surprised to find that what you see as your curse is going to turn out to be your beauty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0