Why does everyone think Evolution contradicts Creationism?

jathtech

Apr 11, 2012
✟15,157.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If I were an all powerful being who wanted to create something as big and beautiful as the ENTIRE UNIVERSE... I would NEVER do it all by hand. I'd be too smart for that. First, I'd create the Laws of Physics, chemistry, etc. Then I would design a mechanism by which life of all forms can flourish.... IE... Evolution.

To me, Evolution is proof of creationism. It is proof that there is an Omniscient, Omnipotent being out there.

Most people who don't believe in evolution say "it's just a theory, it hasn't been proven" Which is a blatant misunderstanding of the word "theory". In scientific terms, a theory is something that has been proven, but not quantified (As opposed to a Law which is always true in every instance and can be calculated). It happens folks. No amount of whining and moaning can un-prove or undo evolution. So instead of believing that it is some affront to God, why not realize that Evolution is actually God's work?

We've seen evolution in our lifetimes. On microbial scale, we see things like algae being coaxed into evolving into fuel producing species. As humans, we've had a hand in the evolution of Dogs. We chose the ones that are loyal and that look nice, and the rest were routinely killed off. Even an astute person can see how traits are passed down from human parent to human child. We see hundreds or thousands of versions of the same plants and animals in different regions of the world.

So lets look at this differently.

Evolution does not disprove creationism, it is the mechanism. Science is how were discover God's universe. It is not the unholy tool by which we unravel God. It is God's tool by which we discover HIM!

Zosimus

Non-Christian non-evolution believer
Oct 3, 2013
Lima, Peru
✟17,000.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If I were an all powerful being who wanted to create something as big and beautiful as the ENTIRE UNIVERSE... I would NEVER do it all by hand. I'd be too smart for that. First, I'd create the Laws of Physics, chemistry, etc. Then I would design a mechanism by which life of all forms can flourish.... IE... Evolution.

To me, Evolution is proof of creationism. It is proof that there is an Omniscient, Omnipotent being out there.

Most people who don't believe in evolution say "it's just a theory, it hasn't been proven" Which is a blatant misunderstanding of the word "theory". In scientific terms, a theory is something that has been proven, but not quantified (As opposed to a Law which is always true in every instance and can be calculated). It happens folks. No amount of whining and moaning can un-prove or undo evolution. So instead of believing that it is some affront to God, why not realize that Evolution is actually God's work?

We've seen evolution in our lifetimes. On microbial scale, we see things like algae being coaxed into evolving into fuel producing species. As humans, we've had a hand in the evolution of Dogs. We chose the ones that are loyal and that look nice, and the rest were routinely killed off. Even an astute person can see how traits are passed down from human parent to human child. We see hundreds or thousands of versions of the same plants and animals in different regions of the world.

Evolution does not disprove creationism, it is the mechanism. Science is how were discover God's universe. It is not the unholy tool by which we unravel God. It is God's tool by which we discover HIM!

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
That is how the terms are defined

cre·a·tion·ism

"the belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account, rather than by natural processes such as evolution."
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=creationism+definition

"the doctrine that matter and all things were created, substantially as they now exist, by an omnipotent Creator, and not gradually evolved or developed."
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/creationism

"a doctrine or theory holding that matter, the various forms of life, and the world were created by God out of nothing and usually in the way described in Genesis "
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/creationism

"The belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account, rather than by natural processes such as evolution."
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/creationism

I can find more if you want.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Would you be "too smart" to have it documented that you did it all in six days, even incorporating that into the Ten Commandments?

And welcome to CF! :wave:

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Creationism is the belief that God created biodiversity without using evolution.

What you are referring to is called "'theistic evolution".

Reactions: jathtech
Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Would you be "too smart" to have it documented that you did it all in six days, even incorporating that into the Ten Commandments?

And welcome to CF! :wave:

Apparently, an all powerful and all knowing God is not allowed to use parables.

Reactions: jathtech
Upvote 0

jathtech

Apr 11, 2012
✟15,157.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
great point... Only recently have we begun to grasp the enormity of the scale of our universe and Time itself. Using Measures of time that were understandable back then would have been a much better way to get your point across. The numbers to really describe the length and scale of creation were not even thought of back then. I doubt most of them could even comprehend a thousand

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Show me an example where He used a parable without either telling us ahead of time,* or explaining it later?**

* Luke 6:39a And he spake a parable unto them,

** Galatians 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Exactly, evolution doesn't mean no God and No God doesn't mean evolution.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not really new, I'm what you would call a lurker. I've been around since 2012
Well, it's nice to have you aboard!

Roll up your sleeves and dig right in!

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Show me an example where He used a parable without either telling us ahead of time,* or explaining it later?**

* Luke 6:39a And he spake a parable unto them,

** Galatians 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Luke is God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You were trying to claim that God said this or that, and then you quote Luke saying something. Do you think Luke is God? Do you think Paul is God?
I think this:
... can take a hike.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The word "creationism" has come to mean the denial of any well attested fact, which gets in the way of an extremely literal interpretation of the Bible.

If the history of the last hundred years had been different, the word might not carry that baggage today, but there is no point in trying to redefine it now, especially as the head bangers in the southern states of America wouldn't let you.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The word "creationism" has come to mean the denial of any well attested fact, which gets in the way of an extremely literal interpretation of the Bible.
Why wouldn't it?

Wasn't Thalidomide a "well attested fact"?

Wasn't L'Aquila a "well attested fact"?

Wasn't Pluto a "well attested fact"?

Wasn't Phlogiston theory a "well attested fact"?

Wasn't geocentrism a "well attested fact"?

Upvote 0