Why does an Atheist do this? Help me out here...

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think "online" is the key word here, the anonymity seems to bring out the worst in some people. In face to face interactions, it is rare to find someone who is truly rude, but online it is common.

This is very true. I don't think they would have done this in person. Also the first time the person attacked me they didn't reveal they were an Atheist. Instead they approached me under the guise of a question. I felt they were being shady so I answered the question in a way that would cause them to reveal their intent and reveal they did. In doing so it also dis-empowered them because they couldn't "pounce" on me, making them even angrier.

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Immaturity and hatred come to mind as likely motivations.

I work with a lot of non-religious people. Only a couple come to mind that actively harassed believers for their faith. Both of them have horrible reputations, and neither of them work for us anymore.

Even though there may be other factors involved, I truly agree with this. While the person is saying they're an Atheist, it's just not ringing true to me that this is an Atheist thing. I think it's just the person. I think you could leave out Atheist and this person would still be immature and full of hatred, spewing that hatred at Believers and/or whoever else.

I know there are some but not all Atheist seek out Believers to attack and harass.

Upvote 0