Why do YECs believe the universe is only a few thousand years old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Can you please stop putting so much value on your own questions and anser just a few of mine? This is relevant. Actually, I don't think you can solve it, or you would have already. You question the validity of others' degrees but flee when the validity of yours is called into question.

Upvote 0

Captain_Jack_Sparrow

Jan 13, 2004
From Parts Unknown
✟1,283.00
Faith
Anglican
I answered the question earlier today.

I said there is no common real solution (or complex for that matter.)

Why do you seem to think I have not answered.

x=x^2 solutions 0 or 1.

x=2x+1 solution -1

Put them together and the solution is the null set. i.e. no common solution.

I stated this this morning.

What more are you getting at?

Upvote 0

Captain_Jack_Sparrow

Jan 13, 2004
From Parts Unknown
✟1,283.00
Faith
Anglican
Yes - by traditional algebraic methods there is no common solution.

Don't tell me you are going to combine them and pull the x=1 out of your hat?

PS

Why did you carry on pretending I had not answered when if you go back a couple of pages I posted the same thing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ok. We have determined that it is sheer lunacy and foolishness to put in any real solution into the equation in hope that one might work. But, we need a real answer.

The only way to get a real answer then is not to change the same side of the equation, but the other. Given this set:

x=2x
x=3x

It is easy to see that the common solution is 0. Changing the solution in the previous set was useless, but when the equations were changed to the current ones, the solution was obvious.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You seem to think that progress is being made in physics. You use the same equation, trying different solutions you assume to be real, followed again and again by the same disappointments and failures. Of course, the hype of plugging new number into an old equation is enough to get most scientists excited.

What I do is the opposite, instead of wasting my time with an infinite set of false solutions, I search for equations that actually work. You assume that my work is lunacy because of its stupifying magnitude. I assume that your work is lunacy because the sheer stupidity in trying to solve an impossible set.

Upvote 0

Captain_Jack_Sparrow

Jan 13, 2004
From Parts Unknown
✟1,283.00
Faith
Anglican
Ah -so this is where you were going.

Talk about a simplistic and misleading analogy.

Your point is really unfounded. Physics isn't about plugging new numbers into the same old equations. Where do you get this idea?

Your initial assumption is that for some reason you think everything is currently a problem.

You are looking for solutions to things that already have a working solution and in so doing are formulating gibberish.

It's no good coming up with an equation that is meaningless (or just plain wrong) to solve a problem where the current approach is working. This isn't progress it's a waste of time.

All in all this analogy of yours is just bizarre. I think you are seeing errors where none exist. For instance - giving the photon a finite mass causes a heck of a lot more problems in physics than it could ever solve.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Physics does for the most part work. However, it cannot yet solve a lot of problems. And, as science progresses further, even more exceptions (contradictions) are becoming appearant. Physics is plugging new numbers in the the same equation, have you noticed that the same basic model has been used for so long and that many scientists will get downright ugly when asked to accept a new model? Finding a model that mostly works is insufficient. True science is finding out the complete answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Curt

Curt
Jan 26, 2004
Puyallup, Washington
✟792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Worldly science can't handle true science. They have to admit they are wrong, and after all look at how educated they are, so they can't be wrong don't you know. I love what one person I met who used to be an evolutionist, and saw the light. He jokingly said about evolution that's the first mistake I ever made.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I also was an evolutionist at one point, when the facts din't line up, I became creationist. And G_Spot_Tornado, creationism isn't nonsense, its the view not only accepted by Genesis, but also by the first century church.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
They did not think sickness was brought about by demons. Look at the NT, the disciples were told to drive our demons but cure sickness. And yes, the believed in the flood as well. I didn't know they thought the earth orbited the sun, smart people. Seems they were fairly well grounded, and grounded more in the truths of Genesis than you or me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.