Why do we look so much like apes?

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I look at it from the human view as well as trying to absorbs God's view.
I'm open minded ;)
Not that much of an argument then if you cannot even make up you mind about about the basis of your own argument :)

Paul certainly would not agree that dust or anything of the natural world would last forever. 2Cor 4:18 For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. It is because our bodies are made from the dust, from the material natural world they too are transient. This is why flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. We need to be transformed, share in Jesus' resurrection, then they will no longer be perishable and mortal, but imperishable, immortal and spiritual. That is the order of God's creation 1Cor 15:46 But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual.

Upvote 0

BrookeGF

Dec 27, 2011
South Carolina
✟15,202.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you believe that the Bible is God's inspired Word, then you know that God created us in His image.

26 Then God said, let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness. He will rule over the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, and all the earth.

27 So He created man in His image
He created him in the image of God
He created them male and female
Genesis 1:26-27

Christians can ask God why we have similarities to monkeys when we get to heaven. You can also ask why He made birds with eyes, dogs with ears, why we reproduce similarly to mammals, why we all digest our food, etc...

God's design is very intelligent. I don't think He needed to use evolution.

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not that much of an argument then if you cannot even make up you mind <snip>...
Sure u bet. I think I already included enough references for people to decide.
I am not sure the relevance of your references or whether the people you quote are qualified to decide if the universe is going to last forever, the issue is what Paul thought the significance of being made from dust was. You know the bit you snipped out.

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
BrookeGF said:
If you believe that the Bible is God's inspired Word, then you know that God created us in His image.

26 Then God said, let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness. He will rule over the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, and all the earth.

27 So He created man in His image
He created him in the image of God
He created them male and female
Genesis 1:26-27

Christians can ask God why we have similarities to monkeys when we get to heaven. You can also ask why He made birds with eyes, dogs with ears, why we reproduce similarly to mammals, why we all digest our food, etc...

God's design is very intelligent. I don't think He needed to use evolution.

No, he didn't "need" to. He doesn't "need" to do anything. And yet we can clearly see that He did use evolution, sooo...

Upvote 0

BrookeGF

Dec 27, 2011
South Carolina
✟15,202.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, he didn't "need" to. He doesn't "need" to do anything. And yet we can clearly see that He did use evolution, sooo...

Evolution is always up for debate but you can't seriously say that He did use it. Since you're a Christian, I'm sure you understand why I take the Bible's Word over science. I'm not anti-science or anything but I trust God over man's theories.

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Evolution is always up for debate

Not really. I have a couple hundred .pdf's on my hard drive of research studies, a number of which document directly observed evolution. It happens.

but you can't seriously say that He did use it.

Sure I can. Why wouldn't I?

Since you're a Christian, I'm sure you understand why I take the Bible's Word over science. I'm not anti-science or anything but I trust God over man's theories.

Huh? No, not really. Genesis is pretty clearly mythological literature. It doesn't talk about how, mechanistically, God created. It just states that He did create, and give the spiritual narrative. What is important is the Fall, not the exact mechanism by which the physical universe came into being and all that.

Upvote 0

BrookeGF

Dec 27, 2011
South Carolina
✟15,202.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not really. I have a couple hundred .pdf's on my hard drive of research studies, a number of which document directly observed evolution. It happens.

Sure I can. Why wouldn't I?

Huh? No, not really. Genesis is pretty clearly mythological literature. It doesn't talk about how, mechanistically, God created. It just states that He did create, and give the spiritual narrative. What is important is the Fall, not the exact mechanism by which the physical universe came into being and all that.

Do you mind sending me some sources to read more about evolution?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Beware evolutionist make their case look better that it actual is. For example after reading this
Observed Instances of Speciation
Read this to see just how poor Talk Origins examples are.
The Myth of Observed Large-Scale Evolutionary Change

All this so called evidence depends on you believing evolution the begin with.
Here is a video that ORFans seriously challenge common descent.

P.S there are a few example found in nature where a specie "A" can mate with species "B" and "B" mates with "C" but "C" can't mate with "A". This muddy up evolution definition of species which is why they use complete reproductive isolation to define species even if there are no or little different between two groups.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

BrookeGF

Dec 27, 2011
South Carolina
✟15,202.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Beware evolutionist make their case look better that it actual is. For example after reading this

P.S there are a few example found in nature where a specie "A" can mate with species "B" and "B" mates with "C" but "C" can't mate with "A". This muddy up evolution definition of species which is why they use complete reproductive isolation to define species even if there are no or little different between two groups.

I like to see it from both sides. I'm not considering changing my position. But thanks, this will be useful information.

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

We're talking about evolution, not speciation, but don't worry, I did provide examples of speciation with reproductive isolation.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not sure the relevance of your references or whether the people you quote are qualified to decide if the universe is going to last forever, the issue is what Paul thought the significance of being made from dust was. You know the bit you snipped out.

No no. The issue was what did I think. Not what do you think that Paul thought.
My answer was 208 biblical references to dust offered some in 13 translations each.
Bible and Library Search: dust

You gave the 2 references below. If you feel my research doesn't answer the question...that's fine.

Not that much of an argument then if you cannot even make up you mind about about the basis of your own argument.Paul certainly would not agree that dust or anything of the natural world would last forever. 2Cor 4:18 For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. It is because our bodies are made from the dust, from the material natural world they too are transient. This is why flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. We need to be transformed, share in Jesus' resurrection, then they will no longer be perishable and mortal, but imperishable, immortal and spiritual. That is the order of God's creation 1Cor 15:46 But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We're talking about evolution, not speciation, but don't worry, I did provide examples of speciation with reproductive isolation.

So your talking about "change", not "change" so you provided examples of "change" happening
where "these changes" were isolated from "those changes".

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Assyrian

Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No no. The issue was what did I think. Not what do you think that Paul thought.
The reason you raised the idea of immortal dust in the first place was because of Paul's use of dust in 1Cor 15, so what Paul thought is very much the issue. I asked what you thought because you were quoting secular sources to make a claim about the immortality of dust that seem quite at odds with the tradition Christian view of this universe being temporal. Especially when you seemed so reticent to commit yourself to the idea. Showing that you as a Christian were uncomfortable with your argument was a stepping stone, clearing that argument out of the way, so we could get back to what Paul said.

My answer was 208 biblical references to dust offered some in 13 translations each.
Bible and Library Search: dust

You gave the 2 references below. If you feel my research doesn't answer the question...that's fine.

Not that much of an argument then if you cannot even make up you mind about about the basis of your own argument.Paul certainly would not agree that dust or anything of the natural world would last forever. 2Cor 4:18 For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. It is because our bodies are made from the dust, from the material natural world they too are transient. This is why flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. We need to be transformed, share in Jesus' resurrection, then they will no longer be perishable and mortal, but imperishable, immortal and spiritual. That is the order of God's creation 1Cor 15:46 But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual.
Perhaps if you made a point from the 208 references rather than just linking to the verses.

Upvote 0