Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are centuries of generations that had "just rules" growing up.
Exactly!

"Train up a child in the way it should go, and when it is old he will not depart from it"

.. and "my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will reject you from being a priesthood to me, and I will forget your children".

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. Romans 8:20-21, Daniel 9:26

Knowledge is understanding, reasoning, enlightenment, righteousness. "Blind obedience to rules" (authoritarianism) produces the opposite: ignorance, contentiousness, destruction.

The problem is that teenagers know they are right to object to the injustice, but they don't know the strength they have in the authority of being right about it .. so they get frustrated because they speak from a place of weakness (having always been treated as a child) and thus are never seen with due respect by the parents.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Knowledge is understanding, reasoning, enlightenment, righteousness. "Blind obedience to rules" (authoritarianism) produces the opposite: ignorance, contentiousness, destruction.
But the assumption that the authoritarianism made was it also produced righteousness by hard-lining against unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But the assumption that the authoritarianism made was it also produced righteousness by hard-lining against unrighteousness.
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, not hypocritical. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in shalom by those who make shalom.

Upvote 0

homeofmew

Master Trainer
Site Supporter
May 29, 2005
Houston, Texas
Visit site
✟28,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My parents let me taste some wine around 12-13 because it was new years and i was curious and i thought it was gross n stuff xD, a few years later we took a trip and there was some beer involved, no one in my family likes beer I ask if I could taste, i was like 17-19 at the time, again SUPER GROSS. xD
Long story short let them try alcohol in controlled places. The idea of having it is because "it is not allowed" it's a bunch less fun when you are allowed.

I started going to conventions and stuff around 18-21 and had guys in the room parents wanted an all girls and all guys room but costed a lot more money that way. My parents as I got older trusted me and eventually stopped caring because it's my body.

I never had a cigarette . So that one may not be a lie, I know my Mom told me she tried one once when she was younger but that was it.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Children (even earlier than teen years) are taught to lie by their parents who are not following Jesus.

It is delightful, rare , and wonderful to see children raised in the way they should go, as written,
by parents following Jesus trusting and relying on Him for all life. Even when they are far from home with others, they still won't lie, nor cheat, nor steal, nor have sex, even if no one is supervising them!

The blessings of following Jesus and living His Way are far beyond measure and enjoyed with peace and joy continually without measure, as written in Yahweh's Word.

Has anyone checked to see if the website advertised in the op/name is good or not ?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums