Why do I feel guilty in pointing out a personal slight to the leader?

hopeforhappiness

Jan 24, 2016
united kingdom
✟14,857.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am used to having a ministry of support. I recently volunteered to lead worship as part of our evening bible study.
As a one-off I understood that the Study leader would play a CD, as it fitted in with the theme.
Then we were on holiday for a week.
The use of a CD continued for 2 weeks, until I asked whether the leader thought what I was doing wasn't "good enough". I didn't say this aggressively but I suppose it was rather pointed.
Although there was a soft explanation given (as before), it was clear that the leader was very hurt. He is now trying to over-compensate by inviting me to actually do the Bible Study itself (when he is away though)
I now feel wretched, as if he feels I have attacked him and his ministry.
As my wife says, it's all about communication isn't it?
Isn't the member's guilt the way leaders exercise control?

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I don't know that person nor the heart of anyone. Why not just talk to him? As fun as speculation is we should never run with it. Yeah I would not have said it that way. We want that sweet holy Spirit to move and this kind of thing between two can have an effect in that moment. So we bend.. not them. As much as we might believe they are 100% wrong we bend. Maybe.. hey I like that CD.. maybe if its ok can I lead in singing.. what ever haha. It not praise God ...its about HIM. We love we show that mercy that grace that forgiveness to all the same way He does to us. Not sure if I helped here lol

As for guilt? Christ died for that.. any guilt you feel its not from God. For me to think thats how someone is exercising control as true as it might be some times.. that thought? Never came from God. You know the song playing right now is? "Every things gonna be alright"

Upvote 0