Why do dogs like to lick people's faces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazelAngel

A New Zealander that is proud of her country
May 13, 2007
Watching a Disney Movie
✟25,039.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I dont really have a clue. It must b something with salt deposits because sweat has got salt in it. I really dont have a clue, that was just a guess. I no we have 2 dogs at home and all one does is like to lick, hes 1 year old, a 'soon to b father' on the 14th of March and yet he still likes to lick ppl where ever he can, not the clothes but the skin. I dont like him licking my face at all and I know that if he gets a chance he licks me straight in the mouth, tounge area. I really dont have a clue but I wish he would stop licking me some times, sometimes he just cant get enough.

Upvote 0

HazelAngel

May 13, 2007
Watching a Disney Movie
✟25,039.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks encoraging loves animals. I just knew u were the person that would answer the question because I kinda c u a lot round here. I neva knew that. I guess when ur patting them and they lick u they want u to do more, that is what Possum does. I guess Murphy luvs us more than life itself caus he loves to lick us, Possum doesnt do it much though.

Upvote 0

rita727

Jul 29, 2006
A Pineapple under the Sea
✟23,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
One of my dogs has this huge tongue, and I don't like it when she licks my face either, but I kiss her cute nose all the time, and I'm sure she isn't fond of that either, but we both tolerate it cuz we love each other :)
lol

Upvote 0

HazelAngel

May 13, 2007
Watching a Disney Movie
✟25,039.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
rita727 I agree with u. I guess Murphy knows I dont like it but he does it anyway. Gigglz. Murphy is in the shed now but Poss is inside taking care of some unfinished buisness, whelping puppies. Here is a wee pic of four of the pups.

http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/66/62643166_full.jpg

2 girls with tails and 3 boys without tails, its kinda funny if u know what the male and the female of our breed looks like, the female hasnt got a tail and the male has. That definatly makes me giggle when u think bout it for a wee while.

Upvote 0

Casslanpepci

Greyhounds Need Love Too!
Nov 12, 2005
Norfolk, England
Visit site
✟15,587.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Our first dog, Sheba, a Husky German shepherd X used to lick my husband face all the time. In fact if he wanted to get up Sheba use to put her paw on his forehead and keep him down until she had decided she had finished.

One of our current dogs, Honey, [a retired Greyhound] also likes to do a lot of licking. The other, Pizza, [also a Greyhound] doesn't.

Upvote 0

rita727

Jul 29, 2006
A Pineapple under the Sea
✟23,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Our first dog, Sheba, a Husky German shepherd X used to lick my husband face all the time. In fact if he wanted to get up Sheba use to put her paw on his forehead and keep him down until she had decided she had finished.

One of our current dogs, Honey, [a retired Greyhound] also likes to do a lot of licking. The other, Pizza, [also a Greyhound] doesn't.
Haha, Sheba was in control ^_^ or She was just a big dog and could do that.

Sidenote: Why'd you name your dog Pizza?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Casslanpepci

Greyhounds Need Love Too!
Nov 12, 2005
Norfolk, England
Visit site
✟15,587.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Haha, Sheba was in control ^_^ or She was just a big dog and could do that.

Sidenote: Why'd you name your dog Pizza?
Sheba was a Husky sized dog - smaller than a German shepherd.

Pizza got his name from our then next door neighbours little boy. We had been told his official name was Jacobean Pizza and asked the little boy whether we should call him Jack or Pizza. We discovered that his real official name was Pisa Cake later. Incidently Pizza had been in 9 homes in 3 months before we had him.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.