Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Two days ago, I posted a prayer request on the Catholic Answers Forum's prayer intentions, asking for courage to receive Communion on the tongue. And people were tripping over each other trying to beat it into my head that either form was acceptable and I shouldn't be making a big deal about it, I wasn't but they were accusing me of this. In the end only two, three or four people were actually praying for me, and one even implied that he or she was actually praying against me.

Today, I posted a thread asking for help in not being so angry at liberal Catholics and not taking their behavior so personally. I mentioned the incident above in that thread, now to be fair, I implied that I thought that every response in that thread was liberal, and I also used the term "liberal Catholic" there a bit loosely. But immediately, everyone was once again bashing me and accusing me of making a big deal over Communion in the tongue.

If I wanted to debate Communion on the Tongue, I would post a thread announcing that I was going to debate Communion on the Tongue. I posted the first thread asking for prayers for courage to receive Communion on the tongue, I posted the last debate, asking for help overcoming my extreme anger towards liberal Catholics, and yet twice it devolved into "don't make such a big deal over Communion on the Tongue." What's with these people?

Last edited:

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You need to let this go. The Church allows for Catholics to receive reverently in both forms. If you feel convicted to receive on the tongue, then do so. But at the same time, do not disparage those who do not. You are concentrating yourself to Mary. So concentrate on that and yourself at this point. Continued prayers.
Two days ago, I posted a prayer request on the Catholic Answers Forum's prayer intentions, asking for courage to receive Communion on the tongue. And people were tripping over each other trying to beat it into my head that either form was acceptable and I shouldn't be making a big deal about it, I wasn't but they were accusing me of this. In the end only two, three or four people were actually praying for me, and one even implied that he or she was actually praying against me.

Today, I posted a thread asking for help in not being so angry at liberal Catholics and not taking their behavior so personally. I mentioned the incident above in that thread, now to be fair, I implied that I thought that every response in that thread was liberal, and I also used the term "liberal Catholic" there a bit loosely. But immediately, everyone was once again bashing me and accusing me of making a big deal over Communion in the tongue.

If I wanted to debate Communion on the Tongue, I would post a thread announcing that I was going to debate Communion on the Tongue. I posted the first thread asking for prayers for courage to receive Communion on the tongue, I posted the last debate, asking for help overcoming my extreme anger towards liberal Catholics, and yet twice it devolved into "don't make such a big deal over Communion on the Tongue." What's with these people?

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You need to let this go. The Church allows for Catholics to receive reverently in both forms. If you feel convicted to receive on the tongue, then do so. But at the same time, do not disparage those who do not. You are concentrating yourself to Mary. So concentrate on that and yourself at this point. Continued prayers.
That's not the point (although I'll admit that, I've fallen into letting this be the point at times)

The point is, I posted a thread on CA Forums asking for prayers that I have the courage to receive Communion on the tongue, and, almost immediately, I get constantly hit over the head with people saying "don't make a big deal over it" when all I wanted was prayers.

I post another thread, asking for help in overcoming my disordered anger towards liberal Catholics. I mention (albeit really poorly) my recent fiasco over my Communion on the tongue prayer request and once again I get bombarded with post saying "don't make it a big deal" when all I wanted to do was seek help overcoming my disordered anger.

It's like if I so much as type "Communion on the tongue," it becomes: "i want to debate Communion on the tongue"

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
That's not the point (although I'll admit that, I've fallen into letting this be the point at times)

The point is, I posted a thread on CA Forums asking for prayers that I have the courage to receive Communion on the tongue, and, almost immediately, I get constantly hit over the head with people saying "don't make a big deal over it" when all I wanted was prayers.

I post another thread, asking for help in overcoming my disordered anger towards liberal Catholics. I mention (albeit really poorly) my recent fiasco over my Communion on the tongue prayer request and once again I get bombarded with post saying "don't make it a big deal" when all I wanted to do was seek help overcoming my disordered anger.

It's like if I so much as type "Communion on the tongue," it becomes: "i want to debate Communion on the tongue"
Sorry if I aroused you. I didn't really mean it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Ignore them. It is none of their business. It is between you and God. Don't waste energy on what others think.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Just play it out as you like please.
Dont spend to much time on this just recieve it as you like.

I kneel and recieve on the tongue others dont which I dont occuy myself with. My reception is non of anyones buisness (unnless the priest refuses to hand it out this way which would lead to letters to the bishops Office and perhaps Rome) and theirs are non of mine.

We arent THAT important to others when we`re at mass u know?

Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Communion on the Tongue is excellent.

• Winner
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

sometimes it pays to go to forums where Traditional Catholic form is accepted, especially when asking for support.
Catholic Answers is not one of those forums, as many in here could tell you from their own past experience.;)
So don't think that you were the only one singled out for such treatment; that would not be the case at all.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
sometimes it pays to go to forums where Traditional Catholic form is accepted, especially when asking for support.
Catholic Answers is not one of those forums, as many in here could tell you from their own past experience.;)
So don't think that you were the only one singled out for such treatment; that would not be the case at all.

Well I've been banned there over and over again so I should know, lol.
They should be applauded for their devotion and obedience to whom is pope at the time.

This is both a pro and a con at CAF.
They somewhat remind me of the Opus Dei that way.

I think they try to fight of all RadTrads and liberals the same.

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Well I've been banned there over and over again so I should know, lol.
They should be applauded for their devotion and obedience to whom is pope at the time.

This is both a pro and a con at CAF.
They somewhat remind me of the Opus Dei that way.

I think they try to fight of all RadTrads and liberals the same.
I agree with your last sentence, LOL. But there is a problem when it comes to putting a PC spin on theological correctness, and that's where they fail.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mrs. M. Ray

Jun 16, 2017
Seattle
✟15,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

This thread hasn't been active for a few weeks, but I'd just like to ask....were you able to take holy communion on the tongue? I know it can be difficult to get the courage to do so, if you aren't used to it.

Upvote 0