Why didnt god create more people like adam during creation?

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why couldnt God create eve from the dust like adam? Anything is possible with god. Why didnt God create more people in the begining so there wouldnt be incest?

I suspect it's about the Fall and how Genesis was suppose to be an object lesson. It's much easier to tell the story with a few people then lots of people. Besides that there are other narrative problems where having more people at the start can make a rats nest of things like if only half the people disobey God etc. you end up with multiple groups of people to keep tract of and deal with etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Why couldnt God create eve from the dust like adam? Anything is possible with god. Why didnt God create more people in the begining so there wouldnt be incest?

There is only one humanity. We all descend from Adam and Eve and there is no opportunity for the kind of division that would come from multiple original parents.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I believe creating Eve out of Adam's rib was used to drive home a crucial point about human nature. Even when Adam had God and lived in a perfect world full of docile animals, he still needed another human being, so saith the Lord.[6][7][8] We are made in God's image and God wants a relationship with us. Therefore, we are social creatures who need human contact, in addition to our relationship with God.

Adam and Eve, living in a perfect world, would have been genetically perfect, with no bad bad genes. After the fall, the gene pool has been degrading ever since because of sin. We call these 'genetic mutations.'[5] Eugenics was an attempt to reverse this, according to late 19th and early 20th century science.[4] I would say its effectiveness is dubious at best[1][9][10] and further contributes to genetic degradation at worst.[2][9][10]

The Book of Leviticus started banning incest, presumably because of this relatively new reality at the time.[3] This is one of the five books of Moses the prophet.

Also, anyone dismissing the citations because of the source's origins... Are committing the GENETIC fallacy![11] (Ba Dum Tsh!)
  1. https://web.mit.edu/fustflum/documents/papers/AshkenaziIQ.jbiosocsci.pdf
  2. How Royalty Works
  3. Lev. 18:1-30
  4. Eugenics
  5. mutation | Definition, Causes, Types, & Facts
  6. Gen. 2:18
  7. The importance of social relationships over the life course – Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research
  8. The health benefits of strong relationships - Harvard Health
  9. Ashkenazi Jewish Genetic Diseases
  10. Today's Ashkenazi Jews descend from 350 people, study finds - World Jewish Congress
  11. Genetic Fallacy: Definition And Examples - Fallacy In Logic

Last edited:
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why didnt God create more people in the begining so there wouldnt be incest?

Because Genesis is a spiritual writing, i.e. it communicates spiritual truths. It is not depicting a one-for-one correspondence with historical realities. Put the literalism aside, and you can mine the spiritual truths without abrogating good sense.

Upvote 0

plain jayne

Aug 11, 2020
Louisiana
✟58,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Incest was not defined until the law of Moses. Laws against incest were for keeping damaging genetic mutations from spreading [not all mutations are bad]. These mutations didn't occur right away.

It was important in the becoming "one-flesh" for Adam and Eve for them to share flesh. Husbands and wives don't do that today - wives aren't made from husbands, but the one-flesh principal still applies.

And a side note....both Jesus and Paul said that Adam and Eve [and Abel] were real people and literal figures. That's good enough for me.

Upvote 0

R.J. Aldridge

Jun 19, 2019
Lompoc
✟15,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whether one interprets the narrative literally or symbolically, the reason God created the woman out of the man was because He wants us to understand that we are all unified in our origins. God created one human, then He split the human in two. The man and the woman are meant to act out the ultimate purpose for humanity by coming together again as one within the family of God. As for God not creating other humans, there are some who believe God did create other humans. Whether one believes that or not, I believe that a story that describes separate origins for different peoples is a good way to cause chaos rather than unity. Different people groups might choose to unite around their tribe rather than their common humanity. We know what that looks like, and it isn't from God.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I had the thought recently that the Written Word (Bible) may be likened to the rib of the Living Word.

We couldn't have the Bible without all the messiness that comes with extracting a bone out of a body.

So, if it were just of the dust, the ToE would seem too much like right.

Upvote 0

Chris35

May 27, 2018
Melbourne
✟56,054.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Imo it's impossible to answer.

Man was sinful, Cain killed his brother, he had no regard for God's law or obeying God. I'm sure he didn't care weither incest was right or wrong. Point being it happened after the fall.

Now who can possibly know what would of happened in the garden if man was sinless. Would God of allowed? Would God of created a woman for him as well if he asked? Perhaps God wanted to create a woman from Cain's rib, so that they were of one flesh, rather then two woman from Adam. We really have no way of knowing.

Point also being if incest was wrong, there was many things God could of done, if man wasn't separated. It really is two complete different realities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I simply accept the creation report. God can resurrect a human in the time it takes you to blink. So, He could have easily done whatever we see in Genesis.

So . . . why would He start with Adam and then make Eve from one of Adam's ribs?
We are all one.

All from one, to all be saved from one. Christ is the New Adam.
And, practically, if you were to calculate how many humans could be on this earth, now, starting from six thousand years ago . . . with no one dying . . . we easily could coat the whole earth with humans, or maybe have layers of humans . . . if I remember correctly how I once did some rough calculations.

So, there was no hurry to have more than two, at the start :)

Adam and Eve, living in a perfect world, would have been genetically perfect, with no bad bad genes.
This is a point. Incest was not a major issue, at the start. Also - - - notice how people's lives got shorter and shorter. This shows how sin could have been setting in with its effects. And then incest could be more of a risk.

God created one human, then He split the human in two.
Well . . . what about that rib? If God started Eve with a rib, then it would not be a perfect fifty-fifty split, in any case.

What I think of is > Jesus was the real Beginning. I mean, our Father wanted to have many children who are pleasing to Him, like Jesus is (Romans 8:29). So, creation started with how our Father so loves Jesus. And in order to meet this objective, one was enough to start.

Upvote 0