Why did you pick your pet's name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I had a guinea pig named Kevron. He passed away so I named my next hamster Camron (similar to Kevron).

Caesar (my dog) is named after my cat (who passed away) named Cleopatra.

My current cat (Lady) was named when I bought her. She was a kitten, but I liked the name and kept it cuz it fit her personality. She thinks she's the Lady of the house..lol

Upvote 0

HazelAngel

A New Zealander that is proud of her country
May 13, 2007
Watching a Disney Movie
✟25,039.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
gigglz, I got a cat who looks like Garfield and at the time I got him, I didnt know I had him but I was at Salisbury School. We went to c the movie Garfield so its named after my time at Salisbury School, a good homecoming prezzie too. Sylvester (our recently deceased cat looked like the cartoon cat Sylvester) so its named after him. Our oldest rat whom we got on Elvis's thirtyth anniversary is named after him. Possum was born on the day Possum Borne died so we named her after him and it sounded fitting that her mate would b named after a race car driver so before we got him we discovered he had irish ansestory so we called him Greg Murphy. We got a young kitten (given away unfortunatly due to toilet accidents on bed covers) on a Sunday, he was mine so I called him Sunday. That is how we named some of our pets.

Upvote 0

rita727

Jul 29, 2006
A Pineapple under the Sea
✟23,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I recently adopted this cat and I named him Socks because he is grey all over but he has white paws and foot~! :) heheh~!

THat's what one guy named my dog because she has "white socks" on her feet too.

Upvote 0

CO2

The Heathen Your Mother Warned You About
Mar 9, 2008
Des Moines, IA
✟8,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ferrets

Carrot - My daughter said "Ferret" sounds like "Carrot," and it stuck.
Dotty - She is all white with 1 spot on her nose. My girlfriend says she is a black ferret covered in white spots.
Cottontail - She has a stub tail that looks like a grey cotton ball, when she fluffs it up.

Cat

Mischief - Tell me it doesn't fit almost every cat.

Dogs

I didn't name them, because they are my girlfriend's and she had them long before she met me.

Upvote 0

HazelAngel

A New Zealander that is proud of her country
May 13, 2007
Watching a Disney Movie
✟25,039.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ur right bout this comment CO2

Mischief - Tell me it doesn't fit almost every cat.

I think every cats a mischeif but I have met one really stuck onto ya cat but that was only one. My kitty keeps getting into mischeif e.g eating from the bench and getting into the dogs space when she doesnt need it caus she has puppies.

Heres another name u might like -
Wombat (dead yesterday) - he looked like a wombat without a tail at all, suits the name and the description and Wombat was a Sweedish Vallhund, he wasnt docked but he was born bobbed.

Upvote 0

CO2

Mar 9, 2008
Des Moines, IA
✟8,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Our dogs are Moshi (Jack Russell) and Eddie McDirt (West Highland White Terrier)

Moshi has adopted my glove as her puppy. Mischief tried stealing the glove and Moshi pinned her to the ground. I'm kind of surprised Moshi didn't kill Mischief.
It's funny watching Moshi carry the glove around ever so gently. She also sleeps with it, and protects it with her life. She only lets people around the glove, but starts growling and barking when other animals are near.

We now have another cat to name, which may be pregnant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rita727

Jul 29, 2006
A Pineapple under the Sea
✟23,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Our dogs are Moshi (Jack Russell) and Eddie McDirt (West Highland White Terrier)

Moshi has adopted my glove as her puppy. Mischief tried stealing the glove and Moshi pinned her to the ground. I'm kind of surprised Moshi didn't kill Mischief.
It's funny watching Moshi carry the glove around ever so gently. She also sleeps with it, and protects it with her life. She only lets people around the glove, but starts growling and barking when other animals are near.

We now have another cat to name, which may be pregnant.
Any idea as to why she picked a glove?

Upvote 0

Casslanpepci

Greyhounds Need Love Too!
Nov 12, 2005
Norfolk, England
Visit site
✟15,587.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Our first dog [now deceased] - husky-German shepherd X named Sheba, after character in the original Battlestar Galactica.

2nd Dog [now deceased] - Staffy X called Apollo also after character in original Battlestar Galactic. But he was generally known as Bois [Boys].

3rd dog [now deceased] - Greyhound called Bob. He was an Xcourser officially known as Ballyglass Bob.

4th dog [living] - Greyhound called Pizza. Next door neighbours little boy named him. Official name Pisa Cake.

5th dog [living] - Honey - name she was known as in racing kennels. Official Name Single Response.

Upvote 0

CO2

Mar 9, 2008
Des Moines, IA
✟8,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Any idea as to why she picked a glove?
I'm guessing it's because it smells strongly of my girlfriend and I. It's my glove, but my girlfriend has worn it.

Maybe it resembles a puppy, to her? :scratch:

Upvote 0

homeschoolmama

Mar 15, 2008
✟15,774.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My cat, Socks - Dh named her that. He said she looks like she has white socks on. (I thought they looked like sneakers and wanted to name her Sneakers!)

My cat, Booboo: from the 70's, early 80s show Laverne and Shirley. They had a stuffed animal kitty named Boobookitty. I always wanted a cat named Booboo since seeing that tv show. :D

Upvote 0

Birbitt

Mar 10, 2008
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,763.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ebony got her name cause she's all black
and Aerith had her name when we got her (it was on her tags and when we called the person they said they didn't want her and we could keep her or do whatever we wanted to with her)
Here's Pictures

Attachments

• DSCF0579.JPG
    DSCF0579.JPG
    621.8 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF0771.JPG
    DSCF0771.JPG
    645.3 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

christisright

Jan 30, 2008
nowhere
✟8,363.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My stories pretty wild!
It all started with my aunt finding us a cat! She brought him over and said he was a boy but the lady who had owned him before was told she was a girl. The cats name at that time was Milo so obviosly we din't want to change it to much to make it sound like a girl. Then my dad took (her) to the vet the doctor said Miley is Milo! We were freaked and went back to MILO. It's a wacky experience . It is also weird staring right at Milo while typing!
~ME

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.