Why did Israel kill the true prophets of God?

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟115,091.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 23:34-35
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes:
and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Why did Israel kill the true prophets of God?
There was a reason for that, no? What do you think?
Stephen the first martyr was stoned by the Jews and Saul had a part in this before his conversion,holding the coats of those who persecuted Stephen. Before he was converted on the road to Damascus,he wanted to kill and destroy Christians but his life was completely changed by the living Christ. He had been influenced by the Scribes and Pharasees. James the brother of Jesus was also a martyr and James the son of Zebedee,at the hands of the Jews. This justified the comments in (1 Thessalonians 2:14-15) The Jews had a history of being persecuted and this may be the reason they acted like they did.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟115,091.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stephen the first martyr was stoned by the Jews and Saul had a part in this before his conversion,holding the coats of those who persecuted Stephen. Before he was converted on the road to Damascus,he wanted to kill and destroy Christians but his life was completely changed by the living Christ. He had been influenced by the Scribes and Pharasees. James the brother of Jesus was also a martyr and James the son of Zebedee,at the hands of the Jews. This justified the comments in (1 Thessalonians 2:14-15) The Jews had a history of being persecuted and this may be the reason they acted like they did.

Yep, but in the verses I quoted above, JESUS referred himself about the true prophets of God which were slain by the people of Israel in the OT, and He left revealed that, upon Israel, may come (or may be imputed and required) all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom they slew between the temple and the altar. BTW, there is a great mystery in this speech of JESUS, and the question is: Why will even the blood of Abel, the brother of Cain, be counted and demanded of Israel? Is not interesting or even fascinating this deeply mystery?

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟115,091.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
rome killed and crucified lots of people. they were a destructive empire.

Yep, but in the verses I quoted above, JESUS referred himself about the true prophets of God which were slain by the people of Israel in the OT.

Upvote 0

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yep, but in the verses I quoted above, JESUS referred himself about the true prophets of God which were slain by the people of Israel in the OT.
but the people of Israel followed Jesus. there were so many following Jesus those that plotted His death had to do it in secret because they feared the crowds. those that plotted His death represented rome, not Israel.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 23:34-35
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes:
and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Hello Oseas.

The prophets spoke about things that no one wanted to hear.

Nothing has changed over the course of history, who wants to listen to a prophet of God?

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟115,091.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but the people of Israel followed Jesus. there were so many following Jesus those that plotted His death had to do it in secret because they feared the crowds. those that plotted His death represented rome, not Israel.

Remember that all the true prophets of God of the Old Testament lived centuries before Christ. The last of them, the prophet Malachi, prophesied around 500 years BC. My question is: Why did the people of Israel slay the true prophets sent by the Most High God? Moreover, as JESUS said, the blood of all them will fall upon the people of Israel in this Judgment of the last Day. The question is: Why even the blood of Abel, the brother of Cain, sons of Adam, will fall also upon tha people of Israel, as JESUS left revealed by His Word? It is a great mystery to be deciphered by the believers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟115,091.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Klutedavid
You wrote: >>>The prophets spoke about things that no one wanted to hear. <<<
Yes, you are right.
The message that the Most High God did give to His prophets, the message of TRUTH, the people of Israel did not want to hear. One of the most impressive example is the messages of the prophet Jeremiah, God sent him to prophesy against the nation of Israel, his own nation, he preached hard punishments against all the people of Israel.
The people of Israel did like only to hear the FALSE prophets, prophets inspired by the spirit of lie, spirit of Devil, and the people were immensely glad with the lies that the false prophets preached to them. The consequences of their rebbelion always were of the worst, as we know.

>>>
Nothing has changed over the course of history, who wants to listen to a prophet of God?<<<
Yes, you are right, you speak as an upright person.

• Agree
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Remember that all the true prophets of God of the Old Testament lived centuries before Christ. The last of them, the prophet Malachi, prophesied around 500 years BC. My question is: Why did the people of Israel slay the true prophets sent by the Most High God? Moreover, as JESUS said, the blood of all them will fall upon the people of Israel in this Judgment of the last Day. The question is: Why even the blood of Abel, the brother of Cain, sons of Adam, will fall also upon tha people of Israel, as JESUS left revealed by His Word? It is a great mystery to be deciphered by the believers.

why do you think the people of Israel killed Jesus? the bible tells us it was the people of Israel that followed Jesus. are you saying rome was Israel?

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We all had a part in the death of Jesus,as did the Jews. Paul acknowledged the part the Jews played in the death of Jesus (1 Thessalonians 2:14-15) But Rome also played a part and all mankind because of our sin that Jesus died for. I played a part and so did you for Jesus died for me and you.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
why do you think the people of Israel killed Jesus? the bible tells us it was the people of Israel that followed Jesus. are you saying rome was Israel?

The pharisees conspired to kill Christ - they were Jewish. Whether they were Israelites by blood/birth, or converts absorbed into the nation is a separate issue. But, Christ Himself referred to the spiritual leader of Israel as the vipers and serpents that misled Israel, and conspired to disappear Christ.

They knew who He was, but all of their teachings about a Warrior Leader coming to liberate the Hebrews (first) would have proven them and their spiritual hegemony wrong. So, they tried to squelch Christ forever - as if they could. They didn't directly kill Christ, but they used demagoguery and political intimidation to get the governor and people of Jerusalem to choose to execute Christ. Washing hands clean doesn't absolve one of anything except a symbolic guilt in one's own mind.

They even, similar to the Garden, chose to indulge what was wrong (a murderer) rather than Life Itself in Christ when given the choice. And, while many of the followers of Christ were common Hebrews, many were Israelite who rejected Him and at the very least did nothing to protest His crucifixion.

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
why do you think the people of Israel killed Jesus?
But, haven't you read that the Pharisees begged the Romans to kill Jesus?
Haven't you read the Romans were reluctant to crucify Jesus?
If the Pharisees (who were Jews obviously) hadn't begged the Romans to kill Jesus, things might have turned out differently
the bible tells us it was the people of Israel that followed Jesus. are you saying rome was Israel?
Were the Pharisees not people of Israel?
Where do you read in the Bible all the Jews followed Jesus?
Haven't you read that it was Jews who plotted and tried to kill Jesus before the Pharisees begged the Romans to kill Jesus?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the Pharisees (who were Jews obviously) hadn't begged the Romans to kill Jesus, things might have turned out differentlyWere the Pharisees not people of Israel?
no, in my opinion they were not of Israel, no more Jewish than king Herod.
how did one become a pharisee leader, they were appointed by roman administration, not by the Jewish people.

Where do you read in the Bible all the Jews followed Jesus?
here is a link, 34 passages on Jesus and the crowds that followed Him.
34 Bible verses about Crowds Around Jesus
Haven't you read that it was Jews who plotted and tried to kill Jesus before the Pharisees begged the Romans to kill Jesus?
Mat 26 3-5
3 At that same time the leading priests and elders were meeting at the residence of Caiaphas, the high priest, 4 plotting how to capture Jesus secretly and kill him. 5 “But not during the Passover celebration,” they agreed, “or the people may riot.”

here are the ones plotting His death, a small handfull of roman appointed Jewish leaders, plotting His death against the will of the people.

there is also the story of the death of James, not in the bible but documented by many respected historians of the day. when James was killed by the same leaders the people did riot and they almost tore the town apart.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, clearly not all Jews followed Jesus, eventually just some Jews did.
In fact, the Gospel 'went to the Gentiles' because the Jews in general rejected Christ, as they still do.
I wonder what your evidence is for the Jewish religious leaders being appointed by the Romans.

Upvote 0

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, clearly not all Jews followed Jesus, eventually just some Jews did.
your right not all followed Jesus. the priest leadership didnt, they made up about half a percent of the Jewish people, a very very very small group. their were many more Jews that followed Jesus than rejected Him. here is a common sense question. if the Jews rejected Jesus and it was only the non Jew world that followed Him, why in the world would He make His entire inner circle (the 12) of followers all Jewish. think about it. and btw, the 12 Apostles, with the three elders (James John Peter) with a teacher leading was a Jewish thing.

In fact, the Gospel 'went to the Gentiles' because the Jews in general rejected Christ, as they still do.
not according to the scriptures. did you not see all those scriptures i posted?

I wonder what your evidence is for the Jewish religious leaders being appointed by the Romans.

Israel was not an independent nation, they were a kingdom under the rule of the roman empire.

the idea that "the Jews" killed Jesus is roman propaganda. people still fall for it to this day even when you show them scripture that says different. amazing!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟115,091.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What is written in the Word of God? Remember and meditate in this:
John 18:35-40
35 Pilate answered (to JESUS), ...
Thine own NATION and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.
But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews?
40 Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber. (Yea, Barabbas was a devil)
John 19:4-16
4 Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith unto them
(unto the Jews), Behold, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him.
5 Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!
6 When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him.
7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
8 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;
9 And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer.
10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

12 And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar.
13 When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.
14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he (Pilate) saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!
15 But they (the Jews)cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar. (Now Caesar was a devil, as was Barabbas also)
16 Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they (the Jews) took Jesus, and led him away.

Revelation 1:7-8
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him,
and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Hallelujaaaah!!!

Upvote 0