Why did Immanuel need time to know to refuse evil and choose good?

Runningman

Christian
Feb 13, 2023
USA
✟30,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Isaiah 7
14Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. 15Curds and honey He shall eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good. 16For before the Child shall know to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land that you dread will be forsaken by both her kings.

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
because he's literally before the ages of 5 years old, a 3 year old knows very little. In order to be fully man He had to go through the life stages of being 1 2 3 4 and 5. These are young years.

Let's put it this way, Elijah was a prophet that God spoke to, yet when the widow lost her child Elijah said God hid why she was approaching him from him.

If God can hide things from Elijah don't you think God can make it so that Jesus still experiences things as humans do? In the process of aging and learning as we do. How can we have a high priest that sympathizes with our every weakness if He did not in fact age as we do.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 7
14Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. 15Curds and honey He shall eat, that He may know to refuse the evil and choose the good. 16For before the Child shall know to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land that you dread will be forsaken by both her kings.

It's Talmudic language. Ancient Jewish rabbis would argue the scriptures. One rabbi would use a verse -sometimes completely out of context- in support of an argument, then the other would counter it with a verse, often completely out of context. In the end, whoever out-did the other essentially won the argument. But there are messianic verses interwoven throughout the old testament. It's something Jesus taught the apostles:

Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 7
Because He was fully human and fully divine.

The infant Christ did not go around solving Calculus equations. He had to be "Taught" Hebrew.

One God - Deut 6:4
In THREE Persons Matt 28:19

Christ did not "pray to Himself" in John 17
Christ did not say "not MY will but THY WILL" to Himself - on the cross

John 14:
10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. ...

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

28 You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Runningman

Christian
Feb 13, 2023
USA
✟30,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
because he's literally before the ages of 5 years old, a 3 year old knows very little. In order to be fully man He had to go through the life stages of being 1 2 3 4 and 5. These are young years.

Let's put it this way, Elijah was a prophet that God spoke to, yet when the widow lost her child Elijah said God hid why she was approaching him from him.

If God can hide things from Elijah don't you think God can make it so that Jesus still experiences things as humans do? In the process of aging and learning as we do. How can we have a high priest that sympathizes with our every weakness if He did not in fact age as we do.
Do you believe God needs time to know to refuse evil and choose good?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Because all of the rest of us not starting out with all knowledge in all things had/have to learn, and sin is not sin or is not charged against anyone where there is no law or before anyone knows for absolutely sure that it is always 100% for sure absolutely wrong, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We already know from all the rest of your post/threads here that you do not believe in the Trinty, or a Triune God in any form, so let's just cut to the chase, shall we?

Are you saying that there is literally only One God only and that Jesus is not Him, or is not God at all?

Yes or No?

Is Jesus God?

Yes or No?

And then let us ask you if you think Jesus is 100% Holy, or is 100% sinless, or is even divine?

And please answer that with either a "Yes" or a "No" answer also please, or else at least a "please explain please", ok?

It almost sounds to me like you think Jesus is guilty of some kind of sin?

Do you think that?

Again, "Yes or No" please?

Frankly I'm surprised you haven't disappeared or been banned yet, since to refuse these things is to go directly against CF rules, and is considered to be not even Christian at all under CF rules, etc.

You think Jesus is not God, or maybe even a god, and you also maybe might think that He does not have or share God's nature, or is maybe not even Holy, or else Divine, etc.

Like I said, I'm very, very surprised your still here, etc, as I have gotten into trouble here on CF for a whole heck of a lot less, etc.

Was Jesus just a sadly deluded man guilty of some kind secret hidden from the rest of the world sin in your book, etc?

Yes or No?

And if so, do you maybe care to tell us all what exactly you think it is maybe, etc?

God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 7
He started His life like everyone else so He needed to grow and learn.
Blessings

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
We already know from all the rest of your post/threads here that you do not believe in the Trinty, or a Triune God in any form, so let's just cut to the chase, shall we?

Are you saying that there is literally only One God only and that Jesus is not Him, or is not God at all?

Yes or No?

Is Jesus God?

Yes or No?

And then let us ask you if you think Jesus is 100% Holy, or is 100% sinless, or is even divine?

And please answer that with either a "Yes" or a "No" answer also please, or else at least a "please explain please", ok?

It almost sounds to me like you think Jesus is guilty of some kind of sin?

Do you think that?

Again, "Yes or No" please?

Frankly I'm surprised you haven't disappeared or been banned yet, since to refuse these things is to go directly against CF rules, and is considered to be not even Christian at all under CF rules, etc.

You think Jesus is not God, or maybe even a god, and you also maybe might think that He does not have or share God's nature, or is maybe not even Holy, or else Divine, etc.

Like I said, I'm very, very surprised your still here, etc, as I have gotten into trouble here on CF for a whole heck of a lot less, etc.

Was Jesus just a sadly deluded man guilty of some kind secret hidden from the rest of the world sin in your book, etc?

Yes or No?

And if so, do you maybe care to tell us all what exactly you think it is maybe, etc?

God Bless.
yes it's quit frustrating when people clearly have an agenda in their posts that is denying the fact that Jesus is God. And then from there using their own understanding of a bible verse to prove themselves right when all it does is prove they are just looking for what their itching ears want to hear rather than the truth.

A good example would be the fact that God never leaves us (I will never leave nor forsake you) but something Jehovahs witnesses might do is say "Well what about "My God my God why have you forsaken me?" They will take that one single pinpoint of a verse and then base their whole lives and religion on it. Not a good thing to do, it will make you so narrow minded that you don't see God in the whole Bible or the whole picture.

Don't let posts like this get to you even when you know they are wrong.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
yes it's quit frustrating when people clearly have an agenda in their posts that is denying the fact that Jesus is God. And then from there using their own understanding of a bible verse to prove themselves right when all it does is prove they are just looking for what their itching ears want to hear rather than the truth.

A good example would be the fact that God never leaves us (I will never leave nor forsake you) but something Jehovahs witnesses might do is say "Well what about "My God my God why have you forsaken me?" They will take that one single pinpoint of a verse and then base their whole lives and religion on it. Not a good thing to do, it will make you so narrow minded that you don't see God in the whole Bible or the whole picture.

Don't let posts like this get to you even when you know they are wrong.
Thanks.

God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your missing the whole " God in the Flesh" doctrine. He walked among us. He was tempted as we are tempted. He was a child as we were children. He got hungry, cold, sad and happy as we do. Yet He was born perfect and lowered Himself entirely for our benefit.

"Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross."

Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Runningman

Christian
Feb 13, 2023
USA
✟30,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Your missing the whole " God in the Flesh" doctrine. He walked among us. He was tempted as we are tempted. He was a child as we were children. He got hungry, cold, sad and happy as we do. Yet He was born perfect and lowered Himself entirely for our benefit.

"Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross."

Blessings.

Thanks. Then how does having the nature of God make Yeshua God if it applies to all believers?

2 Peter 1:4
4by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Upvote 0