Why Did I Ever Come Back!

H

HoneyDew

woobadooba said:
You are correct; and thank you for sharing this with me.

I appreciate you for this.

It's been a long time since someone got me so heated over theological issues, so my emotions got the best of me.

But yes, this thread is non-productive in drawing people closer to Christ.

I wish I knew how to delete posts. I guess we don't have that option.

I think it is fine Woobadooba. It is good to see conversion. Sometimes we are so anxious not to give a "bad" impression that we don't allow others to see our change of heart and our growth. To quote Martha Stewart, "It's a good thing."

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

Wooba, I don't know what was said before you changed your posts (and by your apology I should probably be glad I didn't see it eh? lol), but I think it's GREAT that you had a change of heart and decided to glorify God instead. And kudos to the concerned Christian that got you to think about whether or not you were reflecting the character of Christ. It's a rare day when you see an apology on a message board and I applaud you for it!!!!

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
O_O

I am STILL confused.

Okay. PLEASE tell me, HOW did I come off prideful?

If people ask, are you the true church, and you say yes, they will want to know why you are... right? So, whats wrong with telling them WHY? Showing them the evidence? If it was given to us... shouldn't we take it, and share it with others?

Also, I NEVER called anyone a non-SDA. The conversation in the other window had nothing to do with that. It was us discussing our definition of SDA's and christians.

Also... I was NOT taught that. I taught myself it. I read it, and I believed it, my parents did not drone it into me. I read it off sabbath truths webbie ^_^ well, in their studies.

I'm so sorry, I actually feel really bad, that I came off so horribly. I didn't think it would sound prideful one little bit, and I still can't understand why it is. Because... if its all in the bible, whats wrong with me stating it? HOW did I state it? I mean, was it the smilies? What pushed it over the edge?

O_O :|

Believe it or not, I'm fully open to new ideas, I almost went down the jewish path and then down the islamic path, but didn't, in the end.

:o I feel really embarrased, now that I've cooled off a bit. If I ever disfellowshipped a member, it was a complete accident. Well, I mean, I am not going to pass judgements, maybe I'll have my suspisions, but I won't pass judgement... and I so didn't mean to sound prideful O_O

Its just, I debate to learn. At school, even though I know I'm probably wrong, I'll debate with teachers, because their responses help me. I question a lot of things, and take strong sides, in the attempt to get the responses and see what they have to say. So, in posting that other post, I posted what I knew, and was hoping that if there was error, you see, you'd post back, and show me how it was wrong.

Upvote 0

payattention

Sep 23, 2005
✟903.00
Faith
SDA
Windmill, instead of rehashing all the details why don't we just consider this to be water under the bridge and move on from here? This episode may never be replicated. Take a look at the question posed by the individual who wanted to know what makes Adventism controversial. Note the tone there. You have a lot to offer and we are all proud of you. Just remember that what you can say face to face may not work when put on an international forum.

Upvote 0

payattention

Sep 23, 2005
✟903.00
Faith
SDA
Windmill said:
uhm..

But, if I move on, I might do it again :|
True. Then again, you might not. If it happens again we will give you a little nudge and set things straight. Maybe somebody else will go through it with you now but I don't think it is necessary. It is purely a matter of tone. As I suggested, check out that other thread.

Upvote 0