aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I really don't get it, God is 100% love, we all know that.
The Devil is 100% lies and HATE we all know that.
So as a loving father wouldn't He want to keep us away from the pain.
Pain is caused by sin, sin is of the DEVIL and this world.
My question is Why did God create us? Why? I don't get why God would want us to be in pain, pysically and/or mentally. I would think that God would shield us from that kind of pain. My heart is so broken and I am SO lonely and depressed, God could have protected me and everyone who is suffering from pain, BUT WHY didn't he, just why? :cry:

liesje

Singing in the rain
Aug 30, 2008
✟17,066.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God created us to glorify him. Then we screwed up. We are still to glorify and enjoy him, but it is a lot harder because of our daily struggle with sin. God is love, but he is also good. If he just let sin pass, he would not be good and then there would be no point in us worshipping him. When God created us, there was no pain. And as humans it is our fault that there is.

But while remembering that, we should never fall into the trap of thinking that the pain and suffering we suffer is because of a particular sin; rather it is because we live in a fallen world. God could have protected you from pain, but he chose not to - why? I can't answer that. But remember that he is in control, and he does a much better job of being in control than we do.

If we never felt pain - if we insulated ourselves all the time - we would never live a full life.

I don't know what you are going through at the moment, but I am praying for you. Never forget that the pain we feel in this life is a split second compared to the incomparable joy of heaven. Don't give up. :hug: Remember Matthew 11:28-30.

Upvote 0

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God created us to glorify him. Then we screwed up. We are still to glorify and enjoy him, but it is a lot harder because of our daily struggle with sin. God is love, but he is also good. If he just let sin pass, he would not be good and then there would be no point in us worshipping him. When God created us, there was no pain. And as humans it is our fault that there is.

But while remembering that, we should never fall into the trap of thinking that the pain and suffering we suffer is because of a particular sin; rather it is because we live in a fallen world. God could have protected you from pain, but he chose not to - why? I can't answer that. But remember that he is in control, and he does a much better job of being in control than we do.

If we never felt pain - if we insulated ourselves all the time - we would never live a full life.

I don't know what you are going through at the moment, but I am praying for you. Never forget that the pain we feel in this life is a split second compared to the incomparable joy of heaven. Don't give up. :hug: Remember Matthew 11:28-30.
((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))) wow my dear sweet loving sister, I never thought of it that way. I honestly didn't. Thank you so much for opening my eyes to this!!! God bless you and LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU.

Upvote 0

Macx

Aug 7, 2007
Twin Cities, Whittier-hood
✟7,657.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

This plus freewill.

Angels were given one choice, once at one time, who they would serve. The ones that chose God, we call Angels and Archangels and the creatures of heaven we read about in the Book. The ones that chose "not" God we call demons and they are led by a former acrhangel commonly called the Devil. As humans we always have free will, everymoment is a choice & our existence is about choice, choosign God or choosing against God. God created us so that we could find inthat freedom that He really does love us, that the things he calls sin really are bad for us. We can trust in His love and be blessed, and we can love Him for He is God, but every moment we can choose to go a different way. In that freedom, we can build a relationship with Him & that is the core of why He made us.

Upvote 0

TigerKanga

Nov 3, 2010
✟854.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
My question is Why did God create us? Why? I don't get why God would want us to be in pain, pysically and/or mentally. I would think that God would shield us from that kind of pain. My heart is so broken and I am SO lonely and depressed, God could have protected me and everyone who is suffering from pain, BUT WHY didn't he, just why? :cry:

I think its like when people have children. They have a baby and they protect it and care for it and love it and the baby has to grow up because if it was always a baby it would never grow as a person. So it grows up and matures into who it was meant to be. If God 'babysat' us our whole lives we would never be tested in any meaningful way. Sometimes that seems appealing but I don't think its a meaningful life.

If you need God be still and pray and he will be with you. He's already with you its just that life sometimes shuts him out. His ways are subtle and quiet. You can also call people who love you and they will be there for you. I'm sorry you are facing tough times. Stay the course and things will eventually get better.

Upvote 0

hlaltimus

Nov 4, 2005
Arizona
✟1,553.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Similar to what others have already said, God didn't originally create us for what we currently are as a race, but for the potential that Adam and Eve had while in their purity, but which potential they, (and us,) lost by the fall until that potential is redeemed by another.

Christ is the gracious, kind and worthy Redeemer who came to restore this designed "potential" that Adam and Eve once held, although only Adam held it as a federal head of the race which was to proceed forth from both the man and the woman together in unison.

What exactly this "potential" is, is difficult for us to fully assess here and now, since Adam fell before he could achieve this designed potential, and we were thereby deprived not only of the potential itself, but of any record of what that potential was supposed to achieve. We can confidently say that many of the objective blessings that Christ through his redemption imparts to us now, are without doubt part of what Adam was meant to achieve himself, namely:
Legal conformity to God's law, purity, peace, the indwelling of God the Holy Spirit, son and daughtership before God the Father, inclusion within the corporate bride of God the Son, and last but not least....VESSELS OF DIVINE LOVE.

It is only my opinion now, but I believe that Adam and his race were created to satisfy a designed or allowed need within Almighty God Himself, which need the creation of the angels did not fully meet. Pristine and perfect angels definitely do possess a knowledge of divine love, yes, but I believe that their comprehension of divine love was only the love of friendship, and not an intimate or a more personal love, and that is why Adam was created. God's intimate love was always reserved for Adam and the human race, as this intimate love demanded that God would actually indwell them one and all personally, something totally unknown to the angels and an object of their intense wonderment and study. God's power indwells angels...yes, but God's person indwells the redeemed, a far, far higher and more intimate privilege than any angel ever knew. This I believe was also one of the reasons for the envious fall of Lucifer and his misguided insubordinates, they envying the highly exalted favor that God the Creator had bestowed upon Adam and his race.

You asked "Why did God create us?", and that is a perfectly good and legitimate question, but I will leave you with only one answer amongst many, but the answer that I believe was the very most important of all to God himself: God wanted a race of beings who could very personally and intimately receive his most special love, while mutually pouring and lavishing their sincere and affectionate love likewise into his immeasurably and divinely capacious heart. Why did God create us? He wanted someone to love Him, and so very, very great was his desire to see this appointed need met, that he actually preferred to die physically upon an ignominious cross of crucifixion nearly 2,000 years ago, rather than having to endure an otherwise blissful existence of being without a son or a daughter to embrace him in love, and give him that which no angel could ever give to him. When a defiant sinner expels the gospel offer of pardon from any misconception of God as a contrary, hostile and unsympathetic Being, they haven't the slightest idea of the terribly erroneous mistake that they have just made. They couldn't be further from the truth. He wants love...that's why we were all made: LOVE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Some of what we suffer is indeed due to some particular sin ( ours or someone else's ),but some suffering also appears to be rather incidental, stemming from our being generally separated ( to some degree ) from God and Paradise.

God created us for fellowship: for love seeks to share and reciprocate warmth and mutual appreciation.

Since we are meant to be "in God's image" , (or as god's) a lot goes into our needed growth, refinement, and development.

It's really quite a miraculous leap, for one to come from dust and ash, to be raised up to the level of God's own Holy Estate.

Even suffering pain and hardship plays a beneficial role if/when our heart is favorably towards The Lord.

One example is - we who have suffered, are better equipped to have compassion upon others in their time of suffering.

Another is - that suffering can increase and intensify our awareness of how much we need to look to our Maker and call upon The Name of The Lord for our Deliverance.

Also - having to endure unpleasant things introduces/ acquaints us with the value/virtue of patience.

And again - suffering tends to bring one low, where humbleness/meekness is more easily embraced.

Plus - Our suffering and sorrowing in this life, will (by contrast) help us to greatly appreciate the state of Heavenly Bliss.

Additionally - by alternately being in pain, or difficulties, we provide opportunities for each other to minister in much needed and meaningful ways, and such acts of kindness help create a particularly pure bond of love between us.

Temporary tribulation + suffering precedes eternal relief + rejoicing.

We learn what is what and who is who largely by experiencing contrast.

And since God Is Love; He allows us to taste a little of the bitter first, before we go on to forever relish the sweet.

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. <-----> Romans 8:18

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, works for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
<-----> 2nd Corinthians 4:17+18

For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:
Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.
<-----> Hebrews 5:1+2

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God rests upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
<-----> 1st Peter 4:12-16

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. <-----> Revelation 21:4

For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks. <-----> Psalm 18:27

Hope this helps.

wm

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear aflower4God. God brought order and beauty into this Chaos/Universe, and made Man in His image. We are the only beings who can think and reason, we know what is GOOD and we know what is NOT Good. Adam and Eve, our proto-types, lived in the Garden of Eden with God, they were good and without guile or sin. Then the Serpent came and tempted them into ignoring God`s loving advice to them: " Do not eat of the Tree of Knowledge; if you do you will die." We all know what happened. They became victims of lies and crafty deceit, and did what God told them NOT to do. They were banished to Earth, and in time they, and all who came after them, became more, and more selfish and unloving. Instead of loving God, and each other, they moved farther and farther away from God, and God could have given up on us. But because God is Love, and God loves us, His glorious Plan of Redemption gave us another chance. Jesus came and showed us God as God really is, a loving Heavenly Father who wants us back again. Jesus told us to Repent, to exchange our selfish and unloving character for: Loving God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds. ALSO: love our neighbour, (all others, friend or foe) as we love ourselves. That is not easy, but it can be done. Jesus will give us His Love and Joy to share with each other, the Holy Spirit will give us power to love, as God wants us to love: selflessly and beneficially. We will stumble and fail often but Jesus told us: " ask and ye will receive," and every time we fail, we ask God to forgive us, and God will forgive us, as we will forgive those who sin against us. God will see our sincere efforts, and will approve and bless us. Jesus died that we might live, aflower4God, and Jesus is our Saviour and The Way, Jesus reconciled us to God, and Jesus will lead us back to God, where we came from. God loves us and wants to be with us for eternity. Everything we say or do, which is without Love, is SIN, and God wants loving sons and daughters to be with. I say this humbly and with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

nelsonnoah

Christ my Saviour
Sep 29, 2010
Chennai, India
✟7,622.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
We are God's own family and when we say 'family' it applies to how our parents nurtured us despite when we simply disobeyed them. God as a self-existent being did not want to shew love within himself thats why he decided to have a family in order to show his overflowing love on us and hence created angels and us. Even human beings does not want their children to be like machines which take orders from its masters and hence we simply allow them to experience the good and the bad, So God allowed us to experience us the good and the bad but, believe me, we have never seen the worst and god will never let us to see the worst thats why he corrects us by sending small pains and griefs which will moulds us as a good person.

Whenever you feel pain and loneliness, just think why should Christ die on the Cross despite being an All Mighty GOD?

May Christ be with you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Smiler33

Smiling .... and meaning it this time!
Sep 20, 2010
UK
✟15,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
aflower4God, I am so sorry that you are feeling lonely and depressed; I suffer too so my sympathies are with you. Sometimes I ask myself why God lets us suffer so much, but I think the reason why is partly that in times like this we need to lean on Him and let Him carry us. We are weak but he is strong. Think of the footsteps in the sand (my picture shows it!); when I feel very down, which happens, I think of how much He loves me and, even though I don't know it, He is carrying me through the hard times.

We all have the choice of letting Him love us and us loving Him in return; or turning away from Him. I now know I couldn't bear to be apart from Him; so for me the choice is obvious. Just let Him carry out and love you. Read of His great love for us in the Word and pray for help. He won't let you down.

Take care my sister x

Upvote 0

k.miles

Nov 13, 2010
✟15,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a good question and one that everyone at some point in their life asks. There is a book I encourage you to read which address this titled What You Don't Understand Can Hurt You. It's pretty deep, see for yourself:

whatyoudontunderstandcanhurtyou.com

Just copy and paste in your url

Upvote 0