WHY DID CHRIST MAKE MAN IN HIS IMAGE ONLY ?

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is God the Son. And yes He was crucified. Jesus is not unstable so He can switch between being human like sinners are, and then be like God at some other time.

Adam was not created by God as a sinner.

Jesus became as Adam was before Adam fell. Sinless and capable of being tested by temptation.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If he was incapable of sin - if he cannot be tempted - then he gains no understanding of what it is to be human. A person incapable of error is not a role model or example for people to follow.
Hebrews 4:15 >

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin." (Hebrews 4:15)

To be "tempted" can mean to be tested.

You are saying that Jesus could get no understanding of what it is to be human; yet, Jesus did not sin; so Jesus never experienced how it is to give in to sin . . . to be ruled by "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience" > in Ephesians 2:2. But Jesus does know how we are in our sinning, even though Jesus has never sinned; plus, Jesus has gone through things which we have gone through but He did not sin. Because in His character Jesus is almighty and all how love is, by nature, meaning how God is in love.

And God's grace almighty made Jesus able to succeed so well. This is our example to follow > to submit to God in His grace almighty with His creativity for how to love each and every person while being pleasing to our Father. We can love while not being hurt and not giving in to temptations, if we follow the example of Jesus.

And how Jesus loved on the cross is our example >

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus has two natures. Fully God. And, fully man. In an unique union.

That is why some called him, "son of David."
I offer > Jesus spiritually can be only one nature. But He lived in a physical body that was human. Hebrews 4:14-15 says Jesus became a partaker of flesh and blood, like humans, but it does not say He ever changed to or shared in our sinful nature or our ability to sin.

And where it says He is the son of David, this means Mary is in the genealogy from David. That goes for where His body came from. B-u-t . . . people did not know where Jesus was from, to say the least.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 4:15 >

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin." (Hebrews 4:15)

To be "tempted" can mean to be tested.

You are saying that Jesus could get no understanding of what it is to be human; yet, Jesus did not sin; so Jesus never experienced how it is to give in to sin . . . to be ruled by "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience" > in Ephesians 2:2. But Jesus does know how we are in our sinning, even though Jesus has never sinned; plus, Jesus has gone through things which we have gone through but He did not sin. Because in His character Jesus is almighty and all how love is, by nature, meaning how God is in love.

And God's grace almighty made Jesus able to succeed so well. This is our example to follow > to submit to God in His grace almighty with His creativity for how to love each and every person while being pleasing to our Father. We can love while not being hurt and not giving in to temptations, if we follow the example of Jesus.

And how Jesus loved on the cross is our example >

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

Could Adam have not sinned when tempted?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus possesses two natures in a hypostatic union.

Being "tempted" is not a sin. Giving into the temptation is sin.
So, you can see what I mean. Yes, Jesus was tempted, but He did not give in. And being tempted does not automatically mean you can give in to a temptation.

Now, I have offered what I have about Jesus Christ's real nature, and I have offered scripture.

But I have not seen any scripture which directly says what you are claiming, including about some "hypostatic union". I am aware there are various people who claim this, but have they given a quote from scripture?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Adam was not created by God as a sinner.
God's word says God saw His creation and that is was "very good". So, no Adam was not a sinner, at first. But Jesus says only God is good, right? So, I understand that God's word means Adam was good as a creature, but not how our Creator Jesus is.

Jesus became as Adam was before Adam fell. Sinless and capable of being tested by temptation.
Yes, Jesus was tested, but this does not mean He could give in to the testing. You can test what is sure to fail because of its nature or construction. And you can test in order to verify that something will pass the test; Jesus was tested and our Father already knew the outcome.

Again, like I offer - - - Jesus could not change from the unchangeable nature of God. Because God can not change in His nature. Therefore, Jesus the Creator could not change to have the nature and ability of some creature.

However, there are people who insist that Jesus is some special creation of our Father. But a human father begets a child, and creates what is not human. Usually, at least, ones do not say a father created his son, right?
Could Adam have not sinned when tempted?
In theory, I suppose, he could have, but he didn't.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, you can see what I mean. Yes, Jesus was tempted, but He did not give in. And being tempted does not automatically mean you can give in to a temptation.

Only with a fallen natures does one automatically give in to temptation in the absence of law.

Now, I have offered what I have about Jesus Christ's real nature, and I have offered scripture.

I see your justifications as fragmented and as adding to the Word. That is a bad and weak place to be found in.

But I have not seen any scripture which directly says what you are claiming, including about some "hypostatic union". I am aware there are various people who claim this, but have they given a quote from scripture?

To see it you must stop shutting the eyes of your heart. Here!

Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be
used to his own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
Philipns 2:6-8

And .............

The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God,
tell these stones to become bread.”

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone,
but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
Mat 4:4

Satan was tempting Jesus as possessing the power of God. Yet, Jesus refuted him as being a man!

Two natures in one!

Upvote 0

classical5

Aug 11, 2021
Florida
✟3,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

I don’t think scripture can adequately describe Gods nature. That’s not the purpose of scripture anyway.

How would we understand God? God created this 3 dimensional linear time universe we are constrained within, God must exist outside this universe.

God knows yesterday, today and tomorrow. He is outside our linear time. Jesus in his resurrected body came and went at will, appearing and disappearing from closed rooms, being in one place then showing up miles away. Jesus operates outside our 3 dimensional world. We know God as 3 different parts which are a single unit (trinity).

How can we understand that type of system? How do you explain it when we have no frame of reference or terminology for it?

Upvote 0

RobertE-

Oct 20, 2021
Cheshire, Midlands
✟17,450.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi to all and in Gen 1:27 So God created man in Hid own IMAGE , in the IMAGE of God created him , male and female created He them !!

Why just in His IMAGE ?

Why not Perfect ?

Why and then DIE ON THE CROSS ?

dan p
And if created in his own image, then why not perfect. So define perfect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi to all and in Gen 1:27 So God created man in Hid own IMAGE , in the IMAGE of God created him , male and female created He them !!

Why just in His IMAGE ?

Why not Perfect ?

The Hebrew says..."shadow image." Not simply "image."
https://www.neverthirsty.org/bible-qa/qa-archives/question/what-is-gods-image/

Man by design is to be differentiated from the animals because of his God given ability to reason and make moral choices. He is to have superiority over the animals.

Why and then DIE ON THE CROSS ?

dan p

Why not? Man fell. Man has the freedom to choose. Would you rather that God created us with no ability to choose? Then we could not be in His image if that were the case.

Upvote 0