North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God created us and his omniscience entails he knew a vast number would accept Christ and end up in Heaven and a vast number would not accept Christ and end up in Hell. God does not need us. Why then, did God create us?

‘God is a God of love but His love is not like our love. God doesn’t want to love Himself He loves.others. Wanting to love others and that presented the problem. In order for love to be love man had to have free will. As you sayGod knew so many would live and so many would die. God chose to sacrifice His Son to save all of those who were perishing. The Lord only required one thing, belief. If you are drowning and don’t believe the boat is there to save you is it the owner of the boat to blame when you drown.the Lord will not force anyone from using their free will. But He has done all He can to save everyone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God created us and his omniscience entails he knew a vast number would accept Christ and end up in Heaven and a vast number would not accept Christ and end up in Hell. God does not need us. Why then, did God create us?
Because he wanted to.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
God created us to have a family. That's what father's like tod do. God was Father from the beginning so it makes sense that that He would want children. We were created in God's image.
If you want a relationship of any reality, it has to be based on choice. People generally do not enjoy a forced marriage. If you offer people a choice, you run the risk of people choosing against what you prefer. That's what Adam and Eve did. It cost God the life of His own Son to restore people to Himself. Again, it is a matter of choice. Some choose God, some reject Him.

• Agree
Reactions: Greengardener
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
For His glory.

• Haha
Reactions: Vicky gould
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Central to God is Love and fellowship.

Upvote 0

Davidz777

Nov 23, 2012
SF Bay Area
✟10,303.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If God created a universe that had to physically evolve as he expected, that had to biologically evolve, possibly with a bit of direct manipulation or gardening on his part and life evolved with we humans after several billion years being the first fleshly creatures with intelligence and communication capabilities, then it would not be a surprise he would be interested in us. If God had many worlds that developed large life forms like the dinosaurs, birds, fish, and other alien life forms, but did not have the mental capacities and communication abilities like we do, then yes, we would be special beings to him. Ones that God and his angels could communicate with by THE WORD unlike other creatures. God would value us.

As emotional beings unlike a robot, he would love some of us. He would have idealistic goals for us. He would dislike our shortcomings and poor behaviors and try to remedy them. He would hate evil doers. And he would feel mental anguish when we had pain and especially when we as fleshly mortal entities died. As a positive creator, all such negatives would detract from his creation thus He would work to eliminate such.

Note my science oriented perspective does not subscribe to Bible inerrancy and infallibility, multi-universes, god is on another plain of existence, time travel, precognition, omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, omnibenevolence, miracles like magic. I do lean towards an understanding of God as the ultimate intelligent entity of the universe but not with unlimited powers or knowledge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. - Revelation 12:3-4

We were created to fill the vacated positions of the Arch Angel Lucifer and his third of the angels. They know it, which is why they war for their vacated positions. They do not want us playing with their old toys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AvisG

Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2019
West
✟23,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe one of the attributes of God is creativity. I believe creation is simply an exercise of creativity on God's part, similar to a work of art or music on the part of a creative human. I believe that God blessed us with libertarian free will and is enjoying the show. Of course there is more purpose and depth to it than that, but I do believe that the fundamental explanation is that "creation is God being creative, because that's who God is and what He does."

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
The only comprehensible conclusion is that such a deity is driven by desire, and thus imperfect.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2019
Kansas City
✟8,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
@Vicky gould
Thank you. I’m reminded of the story of a man caught on his roof during a flood who’s convinced God will save him and turns away 2 boats and a helicopter. What I’m getting at is a few steps before that. We wouldn’t be in need of saving if we didn’t exist in the first place. God is sufficient on his own so what possible motive could he have had for creating us knowing many would end up in hell?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greengardener

for love is of God
Site Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This would make a very good question to keep in mind in all that you read in the Bible, just to see if you find an answer. From us you'll get opinions. Some would say you'd just get more opinions from the Bible. But you might find an answer there that really speaks to your heart.

For me, the answer lies in Jesus. He shows us what the Father is like. He told us what God had already told us, and He showed us what it looked like. He had compassion on the vulnerable. He let the phonies who bragged that they had the "Truth" - but were not doing it and not helping others to know and do it - clearly know they had missed the point.

There might be more than the way you've been taught God. Your best life work would be to seek Him for yourself. I find the Bible a compelling read so I highly recommend it. When you come to an answer, I'd be interested to hear it, Friend.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2019
Kansas City
✟8,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
God created us to have a family. That's what father's like tod do. God was Father from the beginning so it makes sense that that He would want children. We were created in God's image.
If you want a relationship of any reality, it has to be based on choice. People generally do not enjoy a forced marriage. If you offer people a choice, you run the risk of people choosing against what you prefer. That's what Adam and Eve did. It cost God the life of His own Son to restore people to Himself. Again, it is a matter of choice. Some choose God, some reject Him.

@Aussie Pete
Yes! This is what I had thought for quite some time. God desired a relationship with us as a loving father. I don’t yet have children but I do want kids in the future. If I knew that were I to father three children, one would be taken at birth and tormented its entire life, I would not have children. It’s not worth it. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0

Greengardener

for love is of God
Site Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Aussie Pete
Yes! This is what I had thought for quite some time. God desired a relationship with us as a loving father. I don’t yet have children but I do want kids in the future. If I knew that were I to father three children, one would be taken at birth and tormented its entire life, I would not have children. It’s not worth it. Am I missing something?
Are you referring to Jesus?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If I knew that were I to father three children, one would be taken at birth and tormented its entire life, I would not have children. It’s not worth it. Am I missing something?
What you are saying is you would not be able to make good use of such a tragic thing.

But God has used the murder of His own Son for such great good for us who have trusted in Jesus.

And He is doing the best thing He can, by processing evil to the flaming sewer which burns with fire and brimstone. And there are people, yes, who are serving as vessels for carrying evil's filthy spirit to where it will be kept. This is why we are told to be purified, by God, of any anti-love things in us >

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

So, part of why God created people is so He has vessels for organizing things of evil into the flaming sewer.

Plus > Romans 8:29. And you can read what Jesus has claimed in prayer for those who receive His word > John 17.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The only comprehensible conclusion is that such a deity is driven by desire, and thus imperfect.

Why does it have to be desire? Maybe it's just His nature to create things.

Upvote 0