Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
why should creationism be the best or only option?

Because we are to let GOD be true and every man be a liar.

HE is our absolute, HE is our truth in all matters, so I don't find ways to dispute HIM and what The Holy Spirit shows me in HIS word.

GOD says 6 days and I have no reason from HIM to believe it means anything more than 6 literal days. The world could provide the most damning proof against that,... and unless GOD was to agree with the evidence, would I.

Those who are led by The Spirit of GOD, these are the sons of GOD.

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
1. What would it take for you to believe in evolution?

Some evidence. Not propaganda. Some genuine transition fossils.

2. Is the main reason you disbelieve evolution because of it's connection with atheism?

No, it's because it directly contradicts everything in the Bible.

3. Considering the vast majority of people who believe in evolution also believe it was started by a creator (only about 12% of the American population believe in atheistic evolution) - why should creationism be the best or only option?

Because evolutionary theory is a philosphical construct, designed to discredit the truth of creation.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Before I start, as you may have guessed I'm a theistic evolutionist. Don't worry, I'm not here to belittle you. :p

These questions have probably been asked a dozen times already but I'd loke to hear your points of view:

Show me the whole process of human evolution right in front of my eyes.

2. Is the main reason you disbelieve evolution because of it's connection with atheism?

No. Evolution itself is simply an (wrong) idea.

3. Considering the vast majority of people who believe in evolution also believe it was started by a creator (only about 12% of the American population believe in atheistic evolution) - why should creationism be the best or only option?

Bad question. The majority does not rule. It never happened anywhere at anytime. (look at what Obama is doing to us now. Those stupid majority who elected him !)

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
hiscosmicgoldfish said:

Some evidence. Not propaganda. Some genuine transition fossils.

Here is a collection of human transitional fossils:
http://www.theistic-evolution.com/hominids2_big.jpg

Here are some of the horse (the most common example given) :
http://krishnascience.com/News/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/bievolutionhorse.gif

hiscosmicgoldfish said:

No, it's because it directly contradicts everything in the Bible.

I already gave an answer to ChristianSolider85. Sorry, I'm to lazy to re-write it. It's only on page 2.

juvenissum said:

Bad question. The majority does not rule. It never happened anywhere at anytime. (look at what Obama is doing to us now. Those stupid majority who elected him !)

What I mean is there is an underlying assumption (among both anti-theists and creationists) that science will destroy religion. This doesn't seem to be the case, for most people have an acceptance of both.

Sorry I've taken so long to reply. I'm not on this site very often. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

peace4ever

Apr 14, 2006
✟15,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Before I start, as you may have guessed I'm a theistic evolutionist. Don't worry, I'm not here to belittle you. :p

These questions have probably been asked a dozen times already but I'd loke to hear your points of view:

The truth can't be determined by a vote any more than a vote can determine whether the world is round or flat. Jesus told us that the world would reject him and only few would believe him. So if you're a Christian, then I assume you believe Jesus when he says that only few will believe him, not the majority.

I believe in creationism because it describes reality perfectly. The sun gives light by day, the moon and stars provide light by night and are used to mark the months, seasons and years. Each animal breeds its own kind (reproduces itself), humans rule over the animals and the flesh and bones of man decay back into dust when he dies. :)

So until I see a monkey, ape, or better yet, fictitious animal turn into a human or breed anything resembling a human as a descendant, then I'll go with reality which creationism supports. :wave:

Upvote 0

peace4ever

Apr 14, 2006
✟15,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present Exhibit 1 in "Failure of the American Education System".

Seriously, Peace4ever, please take a couple of very basic science classes or visit a museum (and not *that* "museum" near Cincy).

All I need is reality to see how humans and animals breed. But if I take a science class, then I'll have to engage in fantasy to discuss how animals can turn into people. But I prefer reality where humans breed humans and apes breed apes. :wave:And all musems contain are old bones about which scientists make up stories. So again, since I don't make up stories that no one in history can verify, I'll stick with reality.

Upvote 0

alexross8

Alexander the great
Sep 10, 2008
Nova Scotia , Canada
✟15,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I already believe in evolution , to the extent that kinds produce their own kind.

Like a tiger can produce a kitty , but they are all just cats.

A wolf can produce a dog , but they are all just canines.

I just don't believe that we evolved from any ape or that we came from nothing , and then evolved into soul-filled life .

I am a skeptic of pretty much everything.

The reason because I don't believe in abiogenesis , is because it has no good evidence to support itself.

Not to mention the fact that scientists are humans without an objective set of morals (God) and would probably have no problem lying to us to become famous.

In my eyes , I am sure that creation has more evidence than any opposing theory.
If you actually look at the world and ask questions , most of these questions are answered with evidence from Creation.

Why is our height proportional to our arm span?
Shouldn't bones crumble to dust in millions of years?
How am I alive , being so symmetrical on the outside , yet being completely asymmetrical on the inside?
Why do I calculate that the Population came from 2100 BC , and why do scientists get an answer of 70,000BC ?
Why do scientists throwout wrong calculations , instead of trying to find out why they are wrong?
How could life have come from lifeless matter if it is improbable and impossible for that to happen?
Where does random kindness come from?
How does random love come from the need to be dependent on someone for survival?

Upvote 0