Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Ugh! So my boss owns the building we are in, and we just rented out the last two suites that have been vacant for over a year. The rent includes utilities, but lately he has become the thermostat nazi. Even in our office we turn off the air at night and over the weekend and then it takes about an hour to cool things off because we are in Arizona after all. Thankfully the weather will be cooling soon and I will actually be cold at work again, but for now I have the A/C on AND a fan at my desk. I just wish HE could get hot flashes and understand someone else's perspective!
He is always right so there is no point arguing with him and I am usually the one that has to deal with the unhappy tenants because he leaves early in the day.
So today I am thinking it would be NICE if MEN got hot flashes. I mean why do we have to do all the physical suffering? We have the babies, we go thru labor, we have monthly issues and WE have hot flashes! NOT fair, but as my mom used to always say, whoever told you life was fair LOL

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I read that post with a lot of humor, Michelle.

My mom still has hot flashes at 82, tho they are a lot less now. That's great your boss has found people to lease the 2 offices. Hopefully when the money comes in he will be able to relax a little.

Hey we do get ED! And we have to put up with all the complains of the ladies! And ... OK, I agree the ladies have it worse. You win.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ugh! So my boss owns the building we are in, and we just rented out the last two suites that have been vacant for over a year. The rent includes utilities, but lately he has become the thermostat nazi. Even in our office we turn off the air at night and over the weekend and then it takes about an hour to cool things off because we are in Arizona after all. Thankfully the weather will be cooling soon and I will actually be cold at work again, but for now I have the A/C on AND a fan at my desk. I just wish HE could get hot flashes and understand someone else's perspective!
He is always right so there is no point arguing with him and I am usually the one that has to deal with the unhappy tenants because he leaves early in the day.
So today I am thinking it would be NICE if MEN got hot flashes. I mean why do we have to do all the physical suffering? We have the babies, we go thru labor, we have monthly issues and WE have hot flashes! NOT fair, but as my mom used to always say, whoever told you life was fair LOL

I believe lots of men do get hot flashes. I do. I get them nearly everytime i go into my local Starbucks . The a/c system isnt air balanced correctly so one half the restaurant is hot and stuffy while the other half is borderline chilly (im an a/c Owner and Tech...so excuse me for using technical terms when/if i do) . It is so extreme in Starbucks that there is a good 8 f. temperature difference between the two spaces . When it comes to commercial heating and cooling, the installation is typically not done right either from poor designs and/or poor installation techniques.

I especially get hot flashes if i dont get enough sleep for some reason. My body temp will definetly run higher when i havent got enough rest overnight.

While its true that women have alot of routine gender physical and emotional anomolies...Men have some too but perhaps not as intense as a rule. Generally, i dont think Men are as patient when it comes to annoying noises that may be present in a public place ; just the other day i was in the same Starbucks and this 1-2 year old Boy simply would not stop saying 'Mom' to his Mother as the Mother was talking to a Friend ; the kid must have said 'Mom' about every other second for a minute straight before the Mother finally paid attention to him which is when he stopped. I almost said to the Mother to please get your Son to stop calling you 'Mom' ..lol... Also, with Men having a much higher testosterone level than women (typically) , most of us men walk around 'in heat' most of the day especially in the summer months when women are wearing far less clothing than in the cold months. This is not a good thing especially for the Christian Single Male who desires to keep his sexuality under control while living for God.

Theres other male specific things too...but suffice it to say that us Males have challenges daily as well as seasonally in our life too --- just a different kind .

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Well actually it was MY doing that got the suites leased, since I put the ad on craigslist and kept it updated, took pictures and showed the place to these prospective tenants.
BUT dayhiker it is NOT encouraging for you to tell me that I could possibly still have hot flashes into my 80's no no no no no! :D
TheyCallMeDavid, I AM encouraged that men have hot flashes too, and I had not thought about the being in 'heat' situation you described. Good to know :cool:.
Last week when the last new tenant was moving in, the A/C quit and it was 130 degrees in the office. Needless to say they weren't happy, but my boss was like, "I was just in there and ran the A/C and it was fine" but we have a freon leak in that unit in the coil. Since we can't afford a new A/C unit, the guy put some kind of stop leak and filled it with freon, but in the mean time the new tenant came over and was like "I'm getting a little worried because I am not going to be in a hot office, so if this is the way it is, I would just back out of the lease right now". I told my boss this and he was like "I don't care, it's not like I'm making money off them" and I'm thinking YES you are, since it hasn't been rented for over a year and it's only hot, like really hot in the summer but it doesn't matter except I don't want to be the one that has to deal with the tenants.
He made me go over with him to one unit this morning to show me how much stuff they have in there and how the fire dept will not allow it. I had already seen the office, so he really didn't need to take me over there. Sometimes he's just weird. Maybe cuz he's getting older, cuz he keeps ranting about turning 50 but geez...

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well actually it was MY doing that got the suites leased, since I put the ad on craigslist and kept it updated, took pictures and showed the place to these prospective tenants.
BUT dayhiker it is NOT encouraging for you to tell me that I could possibly still have hot flashes into my 80's no no no no no! :D
TheyCallMeDavid, I AM encouraged that men have hot flashes too, and I had not thought about the being in 'heat' situation you described. Good to know :cool:.
Last week when the last new tenant was moving in, the A/C quit and it was 130 degrees in the office. Needless to say they weren't happy, but my boss was like, "I was just in there and ran the A/C and it was fine" but we have a freon leak in that unit in the coil. Since we can't afford a new A/C unit, the guy put some kind of stop leak and filled it with freon, but in the mean time the new tenant came over and was like "I'm getting a little worried because I am not going to be in a hot office, so if this is the way it is, I would just back out of the lease right now". I told my boss this and he was like "I don't care, it's not like I'm making money off them" and I'm thinking YES you are, since it hasn't been rented for over a year and it's only hot, like really hot in the summer but it doesn't matter except I don't want to be the one that has to deal with the tenants.
He made me go over with him to one unit this morning to show me how much stuff they have in there and how the fire dept will not allow it. I had already seen the office, so he really didn't need to take me over there. Sometimes he's just weird. Maybe cuz he's getting older, cuz he keeps ranting about turning 50 but geez...

Some Landlords are very unreasonable when it comes to providing basic needs for their Tenants. They shouldnt be Landlords .

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Some Landlords are very unreasonable when it comes to providing basic needs for their Tenants. They shouldnt be Landlords .

To be fair, he's not that bad, it's just lately with the A/C and these new tenants he's like hyper focused on it and it drives me crazy.

Gee, I'd be greatful for the money coming in!

You'd think so right? (shakes head)

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I got a transition going on in my apartment. The couple moved out. I'm hoping they give me some money towards this month as they didn't give me a notice. Two of the carpets are in bad condition, so I got a contractor coming over tonight to measure for installation of new carpet.

I guess the the other tenants have a new couple already to move in, and they both have full time jobs.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I got a transition going on in my apartment. The couple moved out. I'm hoping they give me some money towards this month as they didn't give me a notice. Two of the carpets are in bad condition, so I got a contractor coming over tonight to measure for installation of new carpet.

I guess the the other tenants have a new couple already to move in, and they both have full time jobs.

How many apts do you have? So the couple that moved out found a replacement couple or it's a different apt? I'm confused but what's new? :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
So can anyone explain this to me?

My boss has always been an upfront guy, pretty honest in my opinion but I told you guys before that he once took out a big chunk of money from the business account and didn't bother to tell me, which could have caused our paychecks to bounce. He's never mentioned it and neither have I. But I DID enter it and he's got to have figured that out.

So yesterday he tells me he needs a check from our property management account and assures me that it won't be much. We're fine on that account and all of it is HIS business so I really could care less what he does as long as he communicates to me IF it involves paying the bills.
So today he leaves me a receipt. It's one of those generic receipts from a receipt book you can buy at Walmart or anywhere. It's all in his handwriting and he writes that it's for roofing materials for the buildings. No biggie. So when I go to file the receipt I noticed that there is another receipt just like it that is one digit off meaning that the one he just gave me is the next one after the one in the file. And on the recent receipt he puts CYBB. So just for kicks I entered that into google and it comes up as a local softball league of which his sons play in and the amount he gave on the receipt is the amount to sign up for the league.
Now I really could care less, but in the grand scheme of things it DOES bother me to be lied to and I don't understand WHY?
What do you guys think?

Upvote 0

OGM

Mar 22, 2010
✟11,065.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let me see...prostate cancer/enlargement, spontaneous erections, testicular cancer, higher risk of heart attacks/strokes, ED...oh the grass isn't always greener;)

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Let me see...prostate cancer/enlargement, spontaneous erections, testicular cancer, higher risk of heart attacks/strokes, ED...oh the grass isn't always greener;)

oh trust me, you don't want to go there...breast/ovarian cancers (which you actually DIE of - prostate cancer is usually a VERRRY slow cancer), prolapse uterus, monthly cramps, and increasing risk for heart attacks and strokes (hemorrhagic strokes tend to be women) but no studies have been done on women to know how to treat them....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.