Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why are we fighting for our interests?

See what John, the Baptist, said:

• Joh 3:27 -> “John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.”.

Jesus said the same thing to Pilate:

• Joh 19:11 -> “Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.”.

I know that, when we long for something, we wish that this concretize in a way or other. But don’t mind how much we strain to procure this: if Jesus don’t grant us it, it will happen as it is said by the psalmist:

• Psa 127:1,2 -> “Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.”.

The only thing that we get trying to enforce our will is wars and fightings:

• Jas 4:1 -> “From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?”

Nothing of this would we necessary if we ask to Jesus in prayer:

• Jas 4:2 -> “Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.”.

That is to say, if we ask what is good:

• Jas 4:3 -> “Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.”.

So, don’t try to enforce your way toward the heaven. Have a happy day receiving it (Mat 6:10). It is already beating in your door (Rev 3:20). Only prepare your heart for the King of the Glory to come in (Psa 24:8,10) and the Holy Spirit will open the door of your heart to Jesus to enter.

Reactions: Jake Arsenal