Why are unbelievers pro-abortion, but believers are against abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy Roller

Aug 29, 2008
San Diego California.
✟1,062.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We already know for a scientific fact that life begins at conception, and that human life begins once the woman's egg begins it's cellular division (meiosis) after fertilization.
Being armed with these scientific facts, why do the Atheists and the unbelievers do the non-scientific thing and adopt an arbitrary reference for their definition of life? Why does one (confused) unbeliever point to the first trimester and yell, "There!" and another (confused) unbeliever point to the second trimester and yell, "No, it's there!"
A third yet will withhold pointing the finger until the baby's head has completely emerged from its womb!

Is it that with the unbeliever politics will always trump reason? And if the unbeliever always allows politics to trump reason, what right does he have in saying religion is unreasonable?

Fellow-believers, do you think there's a cure for this deficiency of the human condition?

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
We already know for a scientific fact that life begins at conception...

No, no we don't. Please prove it, given a accurate and well thought out definition of life. Some points to consider are 'does life have to be organic', 'are the most simplest organic compounds that are able to reproduce alive'.

Upvote 0

Caylin

Formerly Dracon427
Feb 15, 2004
Olympia, Washington
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, my dichotomy isn't wrong, it's your assertion that you were once a believer that's wrong.

You don't even know me. I fail to see how you would get any information that would allow you to call me a liar.

Reactions: GryffinSong
Upvote 0

larry_boy_44

Oct 15, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
✟642.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
No, my dichotomy isn't wrong, it's your assertion that you were once a believer that's wrong.

oh come on...

really?

REALLY!?!?

Because you know exactly what everyone thinks and feels and the experiences they've had in thier lives... how????

there is very little on this earth lamer than someone telling someone else that they aren't something they claim to be. Its so not your (or anyone else's) place to tell people what tehy are and aren't...

Reactions: GryffinSong
Upvote 0

Holy Roller

Aug 29, 2008
San Diego California.
✟1,062.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You don't even know me. I fail to see how you would get any information that would allow you to call me a liar.

I'm not calling you a liar (ad hominem presumption); I am saying you lied when you said you once were a believer, assuming by 'believer' you meant an active worshiper of the Living G-d.

Upvote 0

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We already know for a scientific fact that life begins at conception, and that human life begins once the woman's egg begins it's cellular division (meiosis) after fertilization.
Being armed with these scientific facts, why do the Atheists and the unbelievers do the non-scientific thing and adopt an arbitrary reference for their definition of life? Why does one (confused) unbeliever point to the first trimester and yell, "There!" and another (confused) unbeliever point to the second trimester and yell, "No, it's there!"
A third yet will withhold pointing the finger until the baby's head has completely emerged from its womb!

Is it that with the unbeliever politics will always trump reason? And if the unbeliever always allows politics to trump reason, what right does he have in saying religion is unreasonable?

Fellow-believers, do you think there's a cure for this deficiency of the human condition?
I am a scientist and there never has been evidence that supports your hypothesis so therefore it cannot be a fact.

Reason states that sentience does not occur until sometime after the frontal and pre-frontal cortex are developed but I am not a neurologist so I cannot accurately ascertain when exactly it occurs so therefore neither can you.

Upvote 0

Holy Roller

Aug 29, 2008
San Diego California.
✟1,062.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
oh come on...

really?

REALLY!?!?

Because you know exactly what everyone thinks and feels and the experiences they've had in thier lives... how????

there is very little on this earth lamer than someone telling someone else that they aren't something they claim to be. Its so not your (or anyone else's) place to tell people what tehy are and aren't...

There's that characteristic difference between a true worshiper of Creator G-d and someone who is just posing (for whatever reason). The Bible gives us insight into the matter. The Bible says we will know a true Believer by their Fruits. If their Fruits are of love and self-control, a baby will be brought to term. If the fruits are of destruction out of convenience that points to an utter lack of self-control, then the baby will meet it's end by a vacuum machine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

larry_boy_44

Oct 15, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
✟642.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm not calling you a liar (ad hominem presumption); I am saying you lied when you said you once were a believer, assuming by 'believer' you meant an active worshiper of the Living G-d.

OH!!!

So you aren't saying that she ALWAYS lies... Only that she is capable, willing, able, and currently lying...

Interesting... Isn't it great to psychic?

Upvote 0

Holy Roller

Aug 29, 2008
San Diego California.
✟1,062.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am a scientist and there never has been evidence that supports your hypothesis so therefore it cannot be a fact.

Reason states that sentience does not occur until sometime after the frontal and pre-frontal cortex are developed but I am not a neurologist so I cannot accurately ascertain when exactly it occurs so therefore neither can you.

So you are the confused unbeliever of the type that points to the first trimester and yells, "There!". We are waiting for the confused unbeliever that points to the second trimester.

Upvote 0

larry_boy_44

Oct 15, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
✟642.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
There's that characteristic difference between a true worshiper of Creator G-d and someone who is just posing (for whatever reason). The Bible gives us insight into the matter. The Bible says we will know a true Believer by their Fruits. If their Fruits are of love and self-control, a baby will be brought to term. If the fruits are of destruction out of convenience that points to an utter lack of self-control, then the baby will meet it's end by a vacuum machine.

and then you use abortion as a metaphor for what God does with Christians...

Wow...

You really are a piece of work...

:eek: ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eMesreveR

The Light Fantastic
Sep 16, 2008
✟7,733.00
Faith
Humanist

An active worshiper of the Living G-d wouldn't care about abortion. It is you who are the unbeliever, an agent of Lucifer sowing discord among the flock of the Lamb. What about patience and love for the woman? Do you think it easy to abort a fetus? It is always tragic, and never a decision that is taken lightly. Every abortion is sown with regret.

We must have patience and love for those forced into abortions.

How dare you!

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Christ Jesus. Reality.

Or watching an abortion, or/and acting out a third trimester abortion on a full size baby doll.

I have done that with groups of young people on several occasions and it moves many of them to intense sobbing. Some do not believe abortions are really happening. (And of course the word "liberal" takes on a whole new aspect.)

Especially when you act out the babies reactions to having a pair of scissors crammed into the back of their skull. Arms flailing and life ending when SHE OR HE has their brain vacuumed out It's is a lesson that these young people will never let slip out of their consciences.

It is incredible to watch what happens in thier lives from that moment on.

It's like talking with a person that went to Rwanda or some other genocide infested place.

Reality.

Wait I'm going to place that up next to Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Do you mean why are "believers" anti choice and non believers pro choice?

Because surely you don't believe prochoice people are "pro" abortion?

What kind of "believer" do you mean? Hare Krishnas? Jews, Catholics? Lutherans? Pentecostals? Scientologists? Pagans?

I'm a Christian, I am pro-choice.

Upvote 0

larry_boy_44

Oct 15, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
✟642.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
An active worshiper of the Living G-d wouldn't care about abortion. It is you who are the unbeliever, an agent of Lucifer sowing discord among the flock of the Lamb. What about patience and love for the woman? Do you think it easy to abort a fetus? It is always tragic, and never a decision that is taken lightly. Every abortion is sown with regret.

We must have patience and love for those forced into abortions.

How dare you!

you seem to have better intentions... but you really aren't doing anything any different than what he is doing...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.