Aug 8, 2005
Arkansas
✟252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why are 'SOME' so mean?

I openly admit, that I have been pretty mean myself from time to time, and I do apologize for my improper actions, BUT there is NO real excuse for any of us to act as mean as we often do, and sarcasm, whoah now there's one gift we have all been empowered with, that we all put to use very actively.

YES I know I'm more guilty than any of the rest of you so again I apologize, BUT am I the one and only one guilty of this?

I guess, maybe I am, I'll just leave that judgment to God, sure wish 'SOME' other folks in the body of Christ would do the same..... :wave:

Godzchild

Jul 23, 2005
✟2,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know why. I often wonder why one would pm a person in private to warn them off certain people...all the while judging them and telling me they are going to hell when God is the only one who can see into people's hearts. My only answer for things like this is that the person may have issues that they are dealing with and in need of prayer.

My advice is to always assume the best in people. Just because they are seen to be 'mean' spirited doesn't mean they ARE mean. It could just mean that God is working on something in them and they are having a hard time with it. I know, in myself, when I get all sarcastic and mean-like, it's because I feel insecure with my beliefs and rather than arguing properly, I attack and lash out, because of this insecurity.

Something to think about anyway :)

Upvote 0

PentecostalEvangelist

Aug 8, 2005
Arkansas
✟252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Godzchild said:
I don't know why. I often wonder why one would pm a person in private to warn them off certain people...all the while judging them and telling me they are going to hell when God is the only one who can see into people's hearts. My only answer for things like this is that the person may have issues that they are dealing with and in need of prayer.

My advice is to always assume the best in people. Just because they are seen to be 'mean' spirited doesn't mean they ARE mean. It could just mean that God is working on something in them and they are having a hard time with it. I know, in myself, when I get all sarcastic and mean-like, it's because I feel insecure with my beliefs and rather than arguing properly, I attack and lash out, because of this insecurity.

Something to think about anyway :)

It is more vital to speak the absolute truth and to warn the wicked away from their wicked way than to stand idly by and watch as the wicked run headlong and blindly, led by blind leaders of the blind, into hell.

There is NOTHING good in teaching doctrines of devils, there is NO best in false teachers, only wickedness and lies, wickedness and lies that are destroying the body of Christ, wickedness and lies which pervert the TRUE Gospel message of the cross of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

CoffeeSwirls

snaps back wash after wash...
Apr 17, 2004
Ankeny, Iowa
Visit site
✟8,437.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 6
6:1 When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? 2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life!

Who says that Christians should never judge others? Paul seems to think that we need to use the discernment given us by the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

CoffeeSwirls

snaps back wash after wash...
Apr 17, 2004
Ankeny, Iowa
Visit site
✟8,437.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I would agree with that statement taken sans context. Any doctrine of the devil would most surely point our gaze toward ourselves and how we have performed our own salvation. That sort of heresy needs to be squashed, though it will ultimately be God who judges the harvest.

Upvote 0

AndOne

Deliver me oh Lord, from evil men
Apr 20, 2002
Florida
✟20,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
PE -

A great place to debate with us Calvinists is over in the Sotoriology forums. This area over here is more for fellowship and the "Ask a Calvinist" portion is more for people searching to know more about Reformed theology than for those who desire to debate it, refute it, or point out the evils thereof. Just thought you'd like to know....

Dave

Reactions: JJB
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rmwilliamsll

avid reader
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
It is not a necessary correlation, however common it appears, between strength of religious convictions and forcefulness with which one defends them.

I need only think of John Frame, one of the brightest and most knowledge Christians i've ever met. Interested and dedicated to apologetics his writings have little meanness in them and the man himself has apparently none, being as self effacing a person possible.

Upvote 0

Augustine_Was_Calvinist

Mar 16, 2004
✟6,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
PentecostalEvangelist said:
There is NO wrong in judging doctrines of devils, NOR in judging those who teach those doctrines of devils.

Yeppers, that is what I say about Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Joyce Meyers, Creflo Dollar, Morris Cerulo, and a host of others of the word of faith cult.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums