Why are some Christians in America democrats despite most democrats these days having most views against God ?

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The site will not allow me to include the link to the video where the majority of democrat delegates both nayed the inclusion of God in their platform (3 times) and booed when the chairman overruled the majority nays. It is hilarious to listen to the chairman squirm. He knew exactly what it was all about. So do we.

It seems morally questionable, at best, for a political party to use religion as a tool for power.

I take my religion seriously, I don't want politicians turning my religion into mere political gain. I don't know why any Christian would. The wall that separates Church and State isn't for the benefit of the State, it's for our benefit as we the people.

"What accord has Christ with Belial?" - 2 Corinthians 6:15a

We should likewise inquire, what accord has Christ with Caesar?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems morally questionable, at best, for a political party to use religion as a tool for power.
That is especially true when a particular version or even distortion of a religion is then presented as the true standard we all should profess lest we be called Godless.

Upvote 0

Sir Joseph

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2018
Southwest
✟92,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Republicans aren’t saints either but they seem to support more biblical views than Democrats. I was wondering how some Christians can still be democratic IF they vote ?

I think the masses of professing Christians and Catholics supporting liberal/progressive/Democratic leaders are the same ones who embrace evolutionary theory, separation between church and state, religious equality, and other secular values that undermine their faith. In short, they have succumbed to cultural pressures and chosen to follow a world view over Biblical view.

Regardless of the flawed individuals representing both sides, the difference between the causes of liberals versus conservatives is clear and striking:

It was liberal Supreme Court Justices that issued rulings in 1949 to remove religious instruction from public schools, 1962 to remove prayer from public schools, 1963 to remove Bible reading from public schools, 1968 to legalize teaching of evolution in public schools, 1971 to prohibit all public support of religion, 1973 to legalize abortion, 1980 to prohibit display of the 10 Commandments in public schools, 1987 to prohibit teaching creationism in public schools, 1989 to prohibit display of Christmas nativity scenes on public property, 1992 to prohibit organized prayer at public school graduation ceremonies, 2000 to prohibit student led prayer at public school football games, 2003 to strike down all sodomy laws, 2013 to strike down the defense of marriage act, and 2015 to legalize gay marriage. For the past 75 years, it has been liberal, Democratic Supreme Court Justices that have opposed God directly and betrayed our founding fathers, turning America from a Christian nation into a secular one. I understand many people, both believers and unbelievers, support these policies, but let there be no mistake as to the two sides and their opposing beliefs and values - one side is fighting to retain America's Christian heritage and the other side is fighting to destroy it.

At the same time, there is no denying the liberal forces behind the LGBT movement, gender denial, abortion, cultural diversity, and religious acceptance pressures that persecute Christian beliefs while favoring idolatrous ones.

In the case of American politics, a voter either supports or rejects God and the Bible in the nation's affairs. In this regard, the distinction between liberal/progressives versus conservatives is quit clear and telling by the party they support.

Upvote 0