Why are school shootings a sole unique American problem?

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is very little that American youth experience that other countries youth do not experience.

The biggest difference is their access to guns.

Everything else is present in every other country
I don't think that's the biggest thing. Most American youth do not have ready access to guns. But all American youth endure the harshness of the essential dog-eat-dog nature of American culture, which is singularly the worst of any Western nation. American high school culture is barely above prison culture in its personality-degrading nature, and well below military culture.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Protecting our children takes a huge chunk out of school budgets. Our district has its own police force, and wants to have a full time security officer on each campus. Secure entrances, bulletproof glass on windows, new door locks and doors are expensive.
Money that could be spent on education instead were it not for America's gun obsession.

College students keep phones handy for text messages telling them to take shelter during campus shootings.

I'm not saying "Jesus take the wheel." My prayer is more focused. Jesus, take the guns.

Upvote 0